Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs traded to Buffalo
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Sad to see him leave but I don’t get why he was so pissy here.

But what a haul:

1st
5th
6th
2021 - 4th

Compared to what Houston got for Hopkins?

Now Spielman enters the draft:  

2 1sts
1 2nd
2 3rds
1 4th
2 5ths
2 6ths
7th

We can fill a lot of holes and freed up some cap space ...
Wait...you think we got enough for him? I keep hearing this. Folks, this is not the kind of return a receiver like Diggs should've gotten. 1st and a 3rd at minimum. Hell, Harvin drew a 1st and a 3rd. Diggs is WAY more valuable than Harvin was. 
I don't think it was enough, but he clearly didn't want to be here.  Kind of sad that it came to this, but it's not the Vikings fault.  They gave him a chance, developed him, paid him, and it still wasn't enough to satisfy him.

We got a first, 5th, 6th, and a 4th next year.  Good haul.  The Vikings now have plenty of ammo to move around and get who they want without sacrificing their draft.  We'll get a WR to replace Diggs...  this draft is loaded with good prospects.
It all comes down to comps. Personally I think the Vikings got a very good haul. Compare it to the OBJ trade from a year ago. 

Browns gave up #17, #95, and Jabrill Peppers. 

The Bills gave up #22, #167, #201, and something like #128 next year. 

So its a slight discount of the OBJ deal but the Vikings value their quantity of picks vs. some other teams. But assuming we don't look at the Hopkins deal as a comp the next best is Brandin Cooks who went

- To the Patriots for a 1st (#32) and 3rd (#103) but had to give back 4 (#118).
- The next year the Patriots traded Cooks and a 4th to the Rams for 1 (#23) and a 6th. 

The Vikings blew both of those out of the water. Diggs is closer to OBJ but somewhere between the two. Vikings did really well in my opinion. They weren't going to get offered more. 

Geoff---with an offseason and a focus going into the 2020 season couldn't bisi be the other half of the  down field duo

Also 84 was coming on for the under route to keep them honest.

Quote: @Akvike said:
Geoff---with an offseason and a focus going into the 2020 season couldn't bisi be the other half of the  down field duo

Bisi is definitely a good player. But I view him more as a good #4 receiver on most teams. The Vikings can get away with him as a #3 since they play so many 2 TE sets so they don't need a 3rd WR all the time. But I definitely expect the Vikings to find someone who can stretch the field. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Akvike said:

Bisi is definitely a good player. But I view him more as a good #4 receiver on most teams. The Vikings can get away with him as a #3 since they play so many 2 TE sets so they don't need a 3rd WR all the time. But I definitely expect the Vikings to find someone who can stretch the field. 

A good player =/= a #4 on most teams haha. You're being too nice!
Bisi is still improving but for the purposes of at least next season, neither he nor a rookie is replacing half of what Diggs does.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Vikings just went from retooling to rebuilding. Love having another 1st rounder, but good luck trying to replace that kind of talent anywhere in the draft. 

This trade would actually make a lot more sense if the Vikings were rebuilding. Instead we're trying to resign Griffin, we're re-upping Kirk for 3 years, and we're giving top end money to fullbacks.
I don't think this deal is part of some greater plan. Guru just said as much! Sadly, this is just a team trading away a disgruntled player for a nice haul of picks that may or may not work out.
Amari Cooper Salary - 5 yrs/$100MStefon Diggs Salary - 4 yrs/$45M (!!!)
Diggs likely forced their hand, and that's unfortunate. Diggs was a great player on a steal of a deal. And he gone. Bummer.
Alright Rick, prove to us you're the man on draft day once more! Tall task ahead but you've done it before.

Bisi reminds me a ton of Theilen. Dude who initially seemed to have no business being on the roster, stuck around by doing everything right. He's carved out his role.

No one would have given Thielen the role he has earned through today back when he was a rookie; I wouldn't "give" Bisi the #2 but I won't be surprised if he goes out and earns it.

Im sad to see him go, but tired of his cryptic bullshit, and “Theres “me” in Team”......”im open every play”.  Im very much old school football, you dont shit on the team that drafts, develops, plays & pays you.  but whatever..bye.

Im happy with the haul of picks,  but Im equally happy Diggs didnt end up where he was hoping to go (Balt. / Washington) would have LOVED to see him in Cincinatti just as a final “F U”

I think deep down we are all just ashamed that BarrNone was right this whole time.

We're not worthy man, we are not worthy. Going to rest my fingers on my mechanical keyboard, close my eyes and ask the spirits of the internet for closure on this one...

They have enough playmakers - Theilan, Rudy, Smith, Johnson, Dalvin and Matteson out of the backfield.   That's 6 guys who want the ball, that's plenty.   I will miss his highlight plays and his personality - I know a lot of fans piss and moan about him but I kind of enjoyed it.   But I think we got decent value.  Still didn't expect it, I have to think Buffalo came calling not the other way around.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I hate that he is gone but they have holes to fill. Oh well that's the way it goes. 
In the end, I guess his tweets weren't so cryptic.