Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs traded to Buffalo
Quote: @pattersaur said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Sad to see him leave but I don’t get why he was so pissy here.

But what a haul:

1st
5th
6th
2021 - 4th

Compared to what Houston got for Hopkins?

Now Spielman enters the draft:  

2 1sts
1 2nd
2 3rds
1 4th
2 5ths
2 6ths
7th

We can fill a lot of holes and freed up some cap space ...
The irony here is we now have the ammo to move up and draft a QB (something everyone here said we wouldn't have), but we just re-upped Cousins. A new QB1 was always a pipe dream but dang. Losing Diggs and that hope all in the same day is brutal haha. Ugh! When will 2020 end!
If we could get Justin Herbert I would be over the moon.  His ceiling is through the roof.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Sad to see him leave but I don’t get why he was so pissy here.

But what a haul:

1st
5th
6th
2021 - 4th

Compared to what Houston got for Hopkins?

Now Spielman enters the draft:  

2 1sts
1 2nd
2 3rds
1 4th
2 5ths
2 6ths
7th

We can fill a lot of holes and freed up some cap space ...
I think we actually have:

1st (2)
2nd
3rd (2)
4th
5th (we traded our 5th to Baltimore for Vedvik)
6th (2)
7th (3 - we had 4 with two being compensatory, but traded one to Buffalo with Diggs)

I am shocked since they were truly not planning to move him. But there are packages that are sometimes too good to pass up. 2 picks in the top 25 will go a long ways. 

Although they eat the dead money this season this lets them stay active in FA this off-season and move some money into 2021 without repercussion. 

He didn't want to be here....and acted like a dick......no different that Percy Harvin. Both basket cases. He supposedly didn't like Kirk, but he had a couple of great years with him. 

His antics were getting old. Hard enough to win in the NFL when the team is on the same page. Diggs was constantly unhappy, despite lots of touches. It was time for him to go, and we got a great deal in value for him. Good move by Rick.

He was so much fun to watch and gave me my most exciting moment while attending a Vikings game ever. I really loved him as a Viking. 

But I was just not up (or down) for that emotional rollercoaster anymore. Now that the drama is over, I can get back to football. I wish him luck. On to the draft.

my kids are going to be so dissapointed. thanks for the. memory diggs

Really bummed out that the team and Diggs couldn't make it work.  He's a key piece of probably the most iconic play in Vikings history so it will be pretty tough to see him on another team.  Plus like Viking1987 said, I think Diggs was especially loved by kids.

Kinda weird that both Thielen and Diggs have had some pretty major issues at times with Kirk.  Not 100% certain that we are hitching our wagon to the right horse.

Vikings just went from retooling to rebuilding. Love having another 1st rounder, but good luck trying to replace that kind of talent anywhere in the draft. 

well you got what you were cryptically whining for....just like a six year old. congrats.

guess 5 years, 70 million from the team that drafted you and developed you wasnt enough..

Quote: @JoDakota said:
He didn't want to be here....and acted like a dick......no different that Percy Harvin. Both basket cases. He supposedly didn't like Kirk, but he had a couple of great years with him. 

His antics were getting old. Hard enough to win in the NFL when the team is on the same page. Diggs was constantly unhappy, despite lots of touches. It was time for him to go, and we got a great deal in value for him. Good move by Rick.
Yeah! He was unhappy with Kirk. Was open many times and the ball wasn't thrown, resulting in occasional tantrums. Also unhappy with the offense being a running offense. He wanted to be a big star and put up bigger stats.
Not sad to lose someone who doesn't want to be here.
Unfortunate, but hard to refuse the bounty of picks at a time when there are so many needs.