Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryckophants Ain't Gonna Like These FACTS...
Rick Schpielman (oops, thats Spielman, my bad, I'm sorry) assumed control of ALL college and professional scouting in May, 2006. He had, from Day 1, TOTAL control of the BOTH scouting departmemts (Pro and College). FACT

Since Schpielman (darn, I did it again!) has graced the Vikings organization with his almighty presence, the Vikings have won a grand TOTAL of TWO Playoff games ( both at home, btw) IN TWELVE YEARS. Both of those wins, sporadic as they might be, were with 1 or 2 year FA QB's, I might add. A team needs to win 3 or 4 CONSECUTIVE playoff games to win a Super Bowl. Just wanted to put the 2 wins over a decade PLUS (1of which was a one-in-a-million finish) in perspective. FACT

For futher perspective, The Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez Jets managed to win FOUR playoff ROAD games, and make CONSECUTIVE Confernece Championships in the span of TWO seasons. Again, just wanted to put the Viking's TWO TOTAL playoff wins in 12 seasons in CLEAR perspective. FACT

And the 2010 Green Bay Packers ( with a ridiculous amount of starters on their IR list, btw) won 4 consecutive playoff games, including the Super Bowl. FACT

Between April, 2011 and September, 2016, Schpielman (dagnamit!) has spent THREE 1st round draft  picks and a TOTAL of FIVE draft picks (one of those THIS year, btw) on 3 Quarterbacks, ALL of which were force-fed to Vikings fans as THE Franchise QB they've been searching for since 1978. FACT. (D'OH!-nte and his losing record I don't count, unless 2004 is the ONLY year ya wanna focus on )

The RESULT of this expensive draft expenditure? : As of March, 2018, NONE of these players are on the VIkings roster, and 1 is not even in the NFL. FACT

In 1988, I'm pretty sure the Vikings had an un-godly number of Pro Bowl Players (and that was when a PB designation actulally MEANT something). I seem to recall it was 11, but it might have been 10. Regardless, the OUTCOME of that season? Despite @ HALF of the Vikings starting roster being "Pro Bowlers", they got their collective All Star asses handed them by a Championship Team. FACT

At the end of the day (or SEASON), it doesn't matter how many starters Dicky drafts, or how young the team is or how many Pro Bowlers they have, or how much room you have under the salary or how much the media licks your azz.....DID YOU WIN PLAYOFF GAMES (as in MORE than one)? That's certaintly a fact for ME, but apparently many Vikings fans are content with a Division "title" and beating Green Bay. Hookay. I'll label this as OBVIOUS

Since 2006 - The Vikings have won a grand total of TWO Playoff games. FACT

Why am I posting these non-debatable FACTS ?

Ask Sir James from SD and/or Moronbells (sp? might be Womanlyballs, whatever).

Peace

In 2010 the Packers don't even make the playoffs  if   Shannon is  Givin the touchdown  instead off   it  being  ruled  incomplete   which would  meant vikings win the game  packers  miss playoffs  means  no  packer superb owl 

Bowl not owl  stupid  phone

Not sure if I put it on Spielman or Zimmer (both?), but it is a fact the lone playoff victory they acheived required a miracle.

Simply  put, adding a franchise QB in his prime to a stacked 13/3 roster that just made the NFCCG makes lamenting the past 10 years kind of a moot point. 

What's the sense in it?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Simply  put, adding a franchise QB in his prime to a stacked 13/3 roster that just made the NFCCG makes lamenting the past 10 years kind of a moot point. 

What's the sense in it?
 no doubt!!  how can you be a negative nancy on the vikings right now?  maybe it all turns to shit but right now it is as good of a roster as any on any team in the last decade. who knows how it all turns out but im excited for the season. 

It must be really miserable in New Jersey.

maybe its a Jersey thing?

I really don't understand the point to this thread.  Regardless on how bad you want to make Rick Spielman or the Vikings look.  True fans will always cheer and root for this team no matter what.  All your useless bad-mouthing of the Viking Organization isn't going anywhere or changing anyone's' feelings towards this team.  The people on this board will always be loyal fans to the Minnesota Vikings.