Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJM Held Out of Practice
(08-13-2024, 09:07 AM)pattersaur Wrote: For sure. And after Bradford and Teddy, it's hard to blame anyone for being scared here. Seems like QBs all over the league get a knee injury and are ripe as rain the following year. Vikings QBs? Career killer smh.

That's exactly it. My first reaction was this is nothing, not even worth responding to. Happens every week. If he's the starter in the regular season, it wouldn't even show up on the injury report. 

But Vikings fans have earned every bit of their PTSD on injuries and I don't blame anyone for being a little nervous.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(08-13-2024, 09:18 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: That's exactly it. My first reaction was this is nothing, not even worth responding to. Happens every week. If he's the starter in the regular season, it wouldn't even show up on the injury report. 

But Vikings fans have earned every bit of their PTSD on injuries and I don't blame anyone for being a little nervous.

Damn straight we have...I dont even want to begin to list em

I don’t really see this as a big deal until they say it’s a big deal. Just not going to do anything stupid and push the issue until they can get him put through an MRI machine or get an X-Ray and know there’s no risk.

I would also argue that the more cautious they are the more likely it is he’ll be starting sooner than later. If they were hellbent on holding him out all season, I think they’d be more interested in getting him preseason work, whereas if he was on track for starting week 1, they’d probably be extra careful with the knee.

I didn't see anything unusual that happened in the game. He didn't get sacked, that I recall, so you have to wonder what happened to cause this. If it's on his plant leg this could linger after every game he sees action in.

Poor Sam Darnold. I've been reading the fan practice last night was subdued and quiet because everyone wanted to see McCarthy and were worried about his knee, lol.

Viking Nation is all about JJM.

(08-13-2024, 09:47 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Poor Sam Darnold. I've been reading the fan practice last night was subdued and quiet because everyone wanted to see McCarthy and were worried about his knee, lol.

Viking Nation is all about JJM.

I think for 10 million dollars, he's fine being Mr. Right Now and not Mr. Right
[-] The following 4 users Like wiviking's post:

KOC is having an unscheduled news conference any minute. Oh boy.....bad news with McCarthy?

KFAN1003
@KFAN1003
·
3m
#Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell will speak to the media at 11:30 AM prior to leaving for Cleveland.

Hear what KOC has to say LIVE on The FAN and
@iHeartRadio

(08-13-2024, 11:13 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: KOC is having an unscheduled news conference any minute. Oh boy.....bad news with McCarthy?

KFAN1003
@KFAN1003
·
3m
#Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell will speak to the media at 11:30 AM prior to leaving for Cleveland.

Hear what KOC has to say LIVE on The FAN and
@iHeartRadio

[Image: giphy.webp]

Annnnd torn meniscus. Can’t make this stuff up. Unbelievable.

(08-13-2024, 11:37 AM)pattersaur Wrote: Annnnd torn meniscus. Can’t make this stuff up. Unbelievable.

Yeah, really sucks. Relieved it's not an ACL, but this is going to set back his development quite a bit.