Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to read/see more of a single narrative: Vikes moving up
....except for Colin Cowherd who's hearing no team has given NE a serious offer for the #3 pick, lol.

Think I'm going to take a much needed break until about 5 pm tomorrow! Peace!

(04-24-2024, 11:09 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: All kinds of speculation on NFL Radio this morning that a deal with New England to move up to the #3 pick would include our two 1sts this year, receiver Justin Jefferson, and potentially our 1st round pick in 2025. All to move up 8 spots in the draft. Lol..

If this happens...just fire the entire front office. Morons...

Not a chance. Vikings would go from the best landing spot in the NFL for a QB to, well, not. I could see a player like O'Neill maybe.

One last thing so its clear as mud:

from r/minnesotavikings

(04-24-2024, 01:23 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: One last thing so its clear as mud:

from r/minnesotavikings

I hope he is right. Too much bluffing going around. Giants are not moving up. When the Patriots are on the clock they are going to call us and beg. Mark my words, Maye or McCarthy will fall to 11.

I’m starting to get the vibe that they may like someone else other than what we all expect at 3. Perhaps they are playing it that way to reduce what they give up, but their confidence is starting to point to #3 probably not being a necessary acquisition.

I’d really like to know if they are talking with any of the teams in the 5-8 range about moving up, but I’ve heard nothing. I’ll say this, they are doing a pretty good job keeping people guessing. I hope they can get their guy and keep #23. That would make my day.
[-] The following 2 users Like Havoc's post:

(04-24-2024, 01:23 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: One last thing so its clear as mud:

from r/minnesotavikings

Ian Rappaport said on McCafee's show today that he is starting to believe that there isn't going to be a big move up for the QB's based on
his sources. Could be a combination of the over inflated asking prices, and Teams like the Vikings believing there really isn't much difference
between McCarthy, Penix, and Nix to give up huge draft capital for. I still think JJM at 5 is the most likely trade up for us and if Harbaugh wants
too much, we will be happy sticking and picking.

(04-24-2024, 01:42 PM)FLVike Wrote: I hope he is right. Too much bluffing going around. Giants are not moving up. When the Patriots are on the clock they are going to call us and beg. Mark my words, Maye or McCarthy will fall to 11.

I do not think Maye could make it to 11, but I think if we do not move up, that McCarthy is likely to be there at 11 as I do not see the Giants drafting him.  If we can't get to 3 and Maye goes there, I think we will sit at 11.

Fuaga and Newton
Latham and Mckinstry
Turner and Barton
Verse and Thomas Jr.
Odunze and JPJ.
Nix and Murphy
Penix and Robinson.

I tell you I would go with some of the many combinations over a QB that needs to sit 2 years. We can give someone a bag at QB if we have to in 2025.

(04-22-2024, 09:47 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I would wager that whatever they dole-out will not be enforced until  2025 - for the Eagles and Falcons

(04-24-2024, 04:14 PM)Bullazin Wrote: Fuaga and Newton
Latham and Mckinstry
Turner and Barton
Verse and Thomas Jr.
Odunze and JPJ.
Nix and Murphy
Penix and Robinson.

I tell you I would go with some of the many combinations over a QB that needs to sit 2 years. We can give someone a bag at QB if we have to in 2025.

The QB class will not be near as deep next year which will very likely then cost even more to move up (supply and demand ) and we would still likely be drafting a QB that would benefit by sitting a year or even more before being ready. Not to mention we have already allocated some of next years assets to this draft, which makes us even less able to make a big move next year.

Also of you want to kick that QB can another year or more down the road, then trade Jefferson now, he has a shelf life and no point in paying him to wait around for 3 more years before we get serious about building a team that can run at his level.

This is the year to get our guy. If they miss they miss, but if they hit....well they might be fun in a couple years again.
[-] The following 4 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(04-24-2024, 04:52 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: The QB class will not be near as deep next year which will very likely then cost even more to move up (supply and demand )  and we would still likely be drafting a QB that would benefit by sitting a year or even more before being ready.  Not to mention we have already allocated some of next years assets to this draft,  which makes us even less able to make a big move next year.

Also of you want to kick that QB can another year or more down the road,  then trade Jefferson now,  he has a shelf life and no point in paying him to wait around for 3 more years before we get serious about building a team that can run at his level.

This is the year to get our guy.  If they miss they miss,  but if they hit....well they might be fun in a couple years again.

There may not be the top end quarterback talent next year, but there will be plenty of guys available on par with the McCarthy's and Bo Nix's of this draft. I just don't think we panic this year and mortgage the next two drafts and potentially a player to move up and take a swing on a quarterback that's not one of the top couple prospects