Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope KC proves a lot of people wrong
Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:

You do realize that what you posted benefits my argument and worsens yours right? Team game. Kirk isnt the sole reason we win or lose and the same goes for every player on that list. W/L is not a QB stat

I disagree with you. Cousins record compared to them other Qb is pretty aweful.
Cousins doesnt really do nothing to elevate the players or team. What has Cousins done for the Vikings since he has been here? 
Keenum elevated the players as a team. Their record showed it.

This pretty much sums up Cousins play: Yeah it was a tough day, didn’t do enough to win…but made about $2.75million today, so I’m good.

Edit: Now win Loss isn’t a QB stat. You take the W/L stat away...Cousins doesn’t look so bad =) =)
Maybe you should tell Brady his wins don’t count.

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

You do realize that what you posted benefits my argument and worsens yours right? Team game. Kirk isnt the sole reason we win or lose and the same goes for every player on that list. W/L is not a QB stat

I disagree with you. Cousins record compared to them other Qb is pretty aweful.
Cousins doesnt really do nothing to elevate the players or team. What has Cousins done for the Vikings since he has been here? 
Keenum elevated the players as a team. Their record showed it.

This pretty much sums up Cousins play: Yeah it was a tough day, didn’t do enough to win…but made about $2.75million today, so I’m good.
Haha what? I cant tell if this is serious or not. Cousins record with Minnesota is 33-29-1 by the way. How good was Tyler Conklin before this year? Yeah, probably he did it all this offseason and same goes for KJ Osborn. Pierre Garcon ended up being pretty good after Kirk left Washington huh? Do we dare talk about Thielen who never had more than 5 TDs in a season and has now had 24 in the last 2. You will say Kirk didnt elevate and it was all Thielen though Im sure

You think Keenum was the reason the Vikes won 13 games? 4/20 was a few days ago. Do you also think Teddy throws a good deep ball? 

QB W/L is the dumbest stat of all time for QB’s. If you truly believe it should be considered when evaluating QB’s then you might be the dumbest QB evaluator of all time.

So this is all about Cousins can throw a good deep ball.
To me its all about wins...Thats what gets you to the playoffs.
For what Cousin got brought in to do, and the money he is getting paid.
I wouldn’t be proud of that record at all! 

Im not sure what you see on TV, but I dont see Kirk playing defense or special teams. I didnt see Kirk playing on a defense that was almost worst in the NFL this year. I didnt see him miss the FG vs Arizona, I thought it was someone else? You want wins? Lets go get Jimmy G, im sure you will love him and Im sure his winning record would be the same in MN because thats what happens right? QBs just win wherever they go, regardless of the other players on the team

He's getting a lot of money....to produce. A QB is the most important player on the field, but he's not 100% responsible for wins and losses. A QB doesn't play defense. He can't control a fumble by a RB or WR. He doesn't play on special teams. He doesn't kick FGs. The team had historic letdowns on defense last year, truly unreal. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Norse" said:
He's getting a lot of money....to produce. A QB is the most important player on the field, but he's not 100% responsible for wins and losses. A QB doesn't play defense. He can't control a fumble by a RB or WR. He doesn't play on special teams. He doesn't kick FGs. The team had historic letdowns on defense last year, truly unreal. 
What's shocking to me is that despite an historically bad defense, this team was in every single game it played. There were only three teams in the NFL last year who lost only one game by more than 7 points. One was 13-4, the other was 11-6, the other was the Vikings.

How they were able to do that with the 30th ranked defense is beyond me. But it says a lot about the offense...and Kirk Cousins. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Norse" said:
What's shocking to me is that despite an historically bad defense, this team was in every single game it played. There were only three teams in the NFL last year who lost only one game by more than 7 points. One was 13-4, the other was 11-6, the other was the Vikings.

How they were able to do that with the 30th ranked defense is beyond me. But it says a lot about the offense...and Kirk Cousins. 

I just can't understand or fathom how all wins/losses are entirely laid at Cousins' feet...To single out one player on a team (Yes, I already know the QB is the most important player on the team) from an entire roster and not hold anyone else accountable is beyond me...

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Norse" said:

I just can't understand or fathom how all wins/losses are entirely laid at Cousins' feet...To single out one player on a team (Yes, I already know the QB is the most important player on the team) from an entire roster and not hold anyone else accountable is beyond me...
I’m with you. But the majority of fans aren’t singling Kirk out. He’s an important player on a bad team. We’re all trying to find answers on how to fix it. GB winning the division every year is getting old. Like I said earlier, hopefully the new coaches and front office are enough to right this sinking ship. If not, well then more changes need to be made. Naturally that likely starts with Kirk. We’ll see how things go this season.

Have you been a fan of the Vikings since the Philly special?  Ever since then our defense has been shit.  The last 2 years it was historically bad.  Even just an average defense last year and we make the playoffs. 

Kirk has his faults for sure, but there is more to W/L then the QB. 

Back to the OP - I hope KC proves me wrong because I don't think he is the "guy" plus I don't think we are only a player or two away (draft/FA) from being a strong playoff team.  Many others disagree with me but I am pulling for KC to prove me wrong.  I will say that I certainly don't think we, as an organization, have gotten even a decent ROI in KC.  If he puts up Top 10 stats again and we are a 9-8 or a no risk 10-7 one and done it is full rebuild mode for me and we will have to rebuild around a huge (record setting) dead cap hit.  Actually, I wanted a way out of KC and rebuild this offseason but "you can't always get what ya want" or even "get what you need" (SB).  

So yes, KC has to prove to almost everyone, including himself that he is worth the money he has earned.