Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Tag Ant Man ™
Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Rap keep harping on tag and trade as if it was a foregone conclusion.
but why would they trade him without a viable replacement waiting in the wings?  maybe if they could get Winfield,  but then why would a team trade that pick for Harris when they could take Winfield and have him for more years at less money?
Is there any chance on God's green earth... that the team would replace Smith... with Sendejo?  Smith can play in the box... and cover.  Sendejo can play in the box... and...?  Physically, Sendejo might be able to do *some* of the things that Smith could do.  But could the team consider him a cheap replacement for Smith?  With Ant back, maybe they feel like a second star at safety is a luxury they can't afford?
no offense bro,  but Dejo couldnt cover you.... so no I dont think that would be a good gamble.

With there being a decent chance we could lose both Waynes and Alexander, it could make sense to keep Harris to help cover for what will likely be a questionable group of corners. We only have Hughes and Hill right now. Maybe Boyd for depth, but the secondary needed to retain some talent. Has there been any word on Hughes neck injury?

Update. Of course after I say this they'll change course, but sounds like the Vikings intend to keep Ant and will not trade him. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Update. Of course after I say this they'll change course, but sounds like the Vikings intend to keep Ant and will not trade him. 
What would a long term deal look like, assuming that is the route they go.

If we keep ant man does that negate waynes and alexander?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
What would a long term deal look like, assuming that is the route they go.
Hard to say, but the average value would be more than the tag. If they went to 4 or 5 years they can likely save on his $11M cap number from this year. 

i think they look at ant as a saftey. corner. hybid

[Image: MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 11m
The #Vikings surprisingly applied the franchise tag to safety Anthony Harris but acknowledged to teams that Harris could be had for a mid-to-late round draft pick, source said. A potential tag and trade candidate.

Oh, fuck that. Mid to late? Hell no. Gotta at least pull a third.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 11m
The #Vikings surprisingly applied the franchise tag to safety Anthony Harris but acknowledged to teams that Harris could be had for a mid-to-late round draft pick, source said. A potential tag and trade candidate.

I am hearing that is not accurate now and that the Vikings are planning to keep Harris.  Initially it sounded like they were looking for a tag/trade for a mid-round pick, but other moves have changed their plans.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 11m

I am hearing that is not accurate now and that the Vikings are planning to keep Harris.  Initially it sounded like they were looking for a tag/trade for a mid-round pick, but other moves have changed their plans.
Gotta keep him, negotiate a new deal that pays something like $8MM this year. A 4th round pick or later for him is an absolute joke...only a crazy person would make that trade cough Bill O'Brien cough