Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Thoughts: Bears
Quote: @Tom Moore said:
Well done.  Vikes have 7 WRs because they fear cutting Coley or Adams and having the Giants nab them.  They clearly want to put one of them (likely Adams) on the Practice squad.

The correct WR to go is either Treadwell (because he does little in the passing game, and that is what a WR does.  If you want a blocker, get a Tight End), and Wright (because, as much as he could contribute, the Vikings just don't seem to want to let him).
How much do you think the Giants would give for either?  Given the fact the Giants are terrible, why give up a draft pick asset for a player who may only marginally improve your winning prospects.  I would imagine they would be more interested in Treadwell given his youth and low cost compared to Wright but what do you give: a 5th? a 6th?  And would Spielman be willing to take that for a 2016 1st rounder?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Yeah, interesting note about Bradford.  In hindsight, it would have been good to keep him on the bench to get him completely healthy, but then again, he needed to knock some rust off as well.  But it could have been the last of him, who knows now. 

As to Treadwell, heard someone say he layed a pretty big block on one of the big plays.  So obviously he is doing something.  I say send Wright.  The Giants need some veteran experience.  They have young guys, pretty much all they have anymore without Beckham or Marshall?
Treadwell does do a nice job in the run game
So did Bobby Wade, but he never made anyone forget about Jake Reed let alone Randy Moss.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Yeah, interesting note about Bradford.  In hindsight, it would have been good to keep him on the bench to get him completely healthy, but then again, he needed to knock some rust off as well.  But it could have been the last of him, who knows now. 

As to Treadwell, heard someone say he layed a pretty big block on one of the big plays.  So obviously he is doing something.  I say send Wright.  The Giants need some veteran experience.  They have young guys, pretty much all they have anymore without Beckham or Marshall?
So did Bobby Wade, but he never made anyone forget about Jake Reed let alone Randy Moss.
Old school Vikings fan...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

You call that old School?  I think your memory is slipping if you are calling 10 years ago old school...Hell you likely have underwear older than that. :p

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

You call that old School?  I think your memory is slipping if you are calling 10 years ago old school...Hell you likely have underwear older than that. :p
Back in in 1987 my then 17 year old sister bought me a pair of underwear that had Vikings airbrushed on the butt. i never wore them and they are now framed and hang in our laundry room.

Old school?  Old school would be like, Gene Washington.  Not the wideout Gene Washington on the 49ers, the other one with the same name, the guy in Purple catching balls.   

And that duck duck thing was the only celebration I've ever really enjoyed.   Or at least that I can remember enjoying  =)