Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth traded to Dallas..
Heard someone suggest Wright could be our Najee Thompson replacement. I agree. Hope his injury isn't too severe, but he's been out all summer and the opener is now in question.

(08-09-2024, 04:06 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: You mean the _onnatell defense that was scrapped after one historically bad season? This is a great example of why you always just take the best player instead of drafting for scheme because schemes change from one year to the next routinely

You don’t change schemes when you are having success, and that is what good organizations do, plan for success.  Donatell had a decent track record, but the Vikes obviously settled when hiring him. 

There were a few hollering for Hamilton, but very few. If you redo that draft, several teams missed on him.

(08-09-2024, 04:20 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I agree and I thought that was the case in regards to the scouting dept at the time. Either way we cut it or point fingers, it was a terrible draft and hopefully not to be repeated again for a while.

But pointing fingers and complaining bitterly is so much fun! It’s almost like it’s become a safe space for half the country!

(08-10-2024, 10:15 AM)Bullazin Wrote: You don’t change schemes when you are having success, and that is what good organizations do, plan for success.  Donatell had a decent track record, but the Vikes obviously settled when hiring him. 

There were a few hollering for Hamilton, but very few. If you redo that draft, several teams missed on him.

But pointing fingers and complaining bitterly is so much fun! It’s almost like it’s become a safe space for half the country!

Donatell was not good anywhere in prior stops and his historically bad defense was predictable. So number one, hiring him was a huge mistake, and number two, planning your draft around players who may have fit his lousy scheme was an even bigger mistake. Donatell was gone after one season while we are still stuck with Cine, Asamoah, etc.