Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth traded to Dallas..
Vikings receive former 3rd round pick Nashon Wright. 6'4" 190 pound corner out of Oregon State. 

The purging of the 2022 draft class has begun

Trading the 42nd pick (Booth) for the 99th pick (Wright). Yawn.

Neither will do shit in their new homes. Booth and Cine, what a mess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Yah...I'm ready to put em both in the rear view mirror.

Wish we would have gotten a late pick instead, basically looks like we just traded for his counterpart. Interesting that Zimmer would want him. He is Blackmon's cousin, so maybe that was a factor from an intel perspective.

Well let's also not forget that we traded down with Green Bay who took Christian Watson, while the Vikings used those two Packers picks on Andrew Booth and Ed Ingram (insert vomit emoji here).

Brings me back to the infamous Kwesi draft day quote, "Well those teams (Lions and Packers) are going to have to play us too." 2022 is shaping up to be the worst draft in team history
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(08-09-2024, 02:48 PM)JR44 Wrote: Wish we would have gotten a late pick instead, basically looks like we just traded for his counterpart.  Interesting that Zimmer would want him.  He is Blackmon's cousin, so maybe that was a factor from an intel perspective.

There is no doubt from a latent talent perspective, Booth has more upside than Wright. He also played at Clemson. But the swap says everything: here's your bag of chips and we'll take a vending machine sandwich.

Booth is always hurt and Flores apparently likes long corners (RIP Khyree) so maybe this will work out for us? Even if it doesn't, it was time to move on. Like Cine, if you can't crack the starting lineup as an early round pick by your 3rd year, it's likely not going to happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

Nearly cemented as a poor draft by Kwesi although no one really complained about the people drafted as most had them rated in or near the rounds they went.

Only coulda woulda shoulda that is valid is consensus all world pick Hamilton, whom our own Vike Gura said did not fit our defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

The Wilfs decided to go with someone with no GM experience, but possibly some upside over someone with more current experience. The past two drafts seemed to be much better, so maybe the first one was part of the growing pains of that decision. Personally, I was not a fan of the Kwesi move for that reason, at the NFL level, I prefer not to have someone learning on the job. Ultimately, JJM will decide Kwesi's legacy with the team more so than that first draft.
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

(08-09-2024, 02:50 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Well let's also not forget that we traded down with Green Bay who took Christian Watson, while the Vikings used those two Packers picks on Andrew Booth and Ed Ingram (insert vomit emoji here).

Brings me back to the infamous Kwesi draft day quote, "Well those teams (Lions and Packers) are going to have to play us too." 2022 is shaping up to be the worst draft in team history
I would not necessarily agree with that.  
The worst draft in team history would probably include Dimitrius Underwood (1999, although the same draft yielded Culpepper), or the next year...Chris Hovan from BC?  Ugh.   Or 2005...Erasmus James and Troy Williamson?

Maybe I should reframe this as "worst first/early round picks"?
When you go back in the years, there sure were some boneheaded picks (like picking diminutive Michael Bennett when Marcus Allen was still on the board).  So nobody is above reproach here, and I'm sure it's hit and miss on all other franchises as well.