Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth traded to Dallas..
(08-09-2024, 03:13 PM)JR44 Wrote: The Wilfs decided to go with someone with no GM experience, but possibly some upside over someone with more current experience.  The past two drafts seemed to be much better, so maybe the first one was part of the growing pains of that decision.  Personally, I was not a fan of the Kwesi move for that reason, at the NFL level, I prefer not to have someone learning on the job.  Ultimately, JJM will decide Kwesi's legacy with the team more so than that first draft.

I would have felt more comfortable going with somebody that had GM experience too. 

Hopefully 22 was the steep learning curve and wont be repeated. 

I also agree that the KAM/KOC legacy will be built on the success of JJM and not the 22 draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I like Wright's tangibles better than booth. Watching some of his Oregon State highlights...he sure has a long reach at 6'4" (vs Booth at 6')

(08-09-2024, 03:05 PM)Bullazin Wrote: Nearly cemented as a poor draft by Kwesi although no one really complained about the people drafted as most had them rated in or near the rounds they went.

Only coulda woulda shoulda that is valid is consensus all world pick Hamilton, whom our own Vike Gura said did not fit our defense.

You mean the _onnatell defense that was scrapped after one historically bad season? This is a great example of why you always just take the best player instead of drafting for scheme because schemes change from one year to the next routinely
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

I'm not going to lie. I was fairly high on Booth when he came out and thought he'd be a really good player for us. Former 5 star guy out of HS, played well at Clemson, had some injury issues that were my only concern. I believe those injury issues were the only reason he slid into the 2nd round. Goes to show what a crapshoot the draft can be.
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.

(08-09-2024, 03:13 PM)JR44 Wrote: The Wilfs decided to go with someone with no GM experience, but possibly some upside over someone with more current experience.  The past two drafts seemed to be much better, so maybe the first one was part of the growing pains of that decision.  Personally, I was not a fan of the Kwesi move for that reason, at the NFL level, I prefer not to have someone learning on the job.  Ultimately, JJM will decide Kwesi's legacy with the team more so than that first draft.

That's certainly one way to look at it. Another would be the 22 draft was done with the previous regimes scouting department. And with significant input from a veteran defensive coordinator who was bounced after a year. 

A defensive coordinator who ran a completely different scheme than currently run. Thus the Cine/Booth were square pegs in a round hole scheme wise. This was the first draft run entirely by the scouting department composed of KAM's people and heavily influenced by the current DC. As we saw in various draft day videos.bFood for thought, if Flores was the DC in 22 might we have seen Hamilton selected?
[-] The following 4 users Like bigbone62's post:

(08-09-2024, 04:12 PM)bigbone62 Wrote: That's certainly one way to look at it. Another would be the 22 draft was done with the previous regimes scouting department. And with significant input from a veteran defensive coordinator who was bounced after a year. 

A defensive coordinator who ran a completely different scheme than currently run. Thus the Vibe/Booth were square pegs in a round hole scheme wise. This was the first draft run entirely by the scouting department composed of KAM's people and heavily influenced by the current DC. As we saw in various draft day videos.bFood for thought, if Flores was the DC in 22 might we have seen Hamilton selected?

I agree and I thought that was the case in regards to the scouting dept at the time. Either way we cut it or point fingers, it was a terrible draft and hopefully not to be repeated again for a while.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I’m guessing that Flores is the one that give the ok for the trade. And Kwesi just approved it.
Wright has better height than Booth and I think he played a lot of ST for Dallas.
Probably the last chance and a new start for both players.

The 22 draft would have been much better for us if we just let Mel Kiper make our picks

I'd rather have gotten a 2025 pick, but I get that Flores needs CB bodies period right now and Wright has the right physique.

Whether he has a clue remains to be seen.

P.S.: Saw a vid about the trade on Youtube and Wright has played quite a few ST snaps. That might help his case.

(08-09-2024, 10:02 PM)FLVike Wrote: The 22 draft would have been much better for us if we just let Mel Kiper make our picks

Or even Mel Sharples from Alice. Either one.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPm6yP818Uqf1rfvZROPY...9NASovNA&s]
[-] The following 6 users Like StickierBuns's post: