Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, its now official...
As I started cheering this team about the time Tommy Kramer took over at QB, it'll be fun to cheer for #9 again. It was...awkward...with McMahon, though I did manage. Barely.

I read that the two of them both gave their blessings for JJM to carry the number forward, so I'm doubly good with it.

Cheering for Darnold in #14 will bring on some Brad Johnson nostalgia, too. All good.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

Hope JJM ends up with a career passer rating higher than Tarvaris Jackson.... unlike Kramer. Grew up watching TK and he drove me nuts. Went on and off faster than a light switch.

The nice thing about JJM is he's got the body type to carry 220 lbs. That's his ideal NFL weight and he was at 219 lbs at the Combine after playing a little lower in college. 6'3" and 220 lbs and he'll keep all that athleticism. In high school warming up, the threw the football 80 yards. All the talk about his arm BEFORE the Combine was just so silly. He's got easy velocity, which is important.

(05-02-2024, 06:53 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The nice thing about JJM is he's got the body type to carry 220 lbs. That's his ideal NFL weight and he was at 219 lbs at the Combine after playing a little lower in college. 6'3" and 220 lbs and he'll keep all that athleticism. In high school warming up, the threw the football 80 yards. All the talk about his arm BEFORE the Combine was just so silly. He's got easy velocity, which is important.

Not that he wasn't at Michigan, but this 21 year old kid will be under a searing microscope light for the next 3 years +

Every throw & step will be analyzed and written about. Rookie camp may never get more exposure.

(05-02-2024, 07:54 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Not that he wasn't at Michigan, but this 21 year old kid will be under a searing microscope light for the next 3 years +

Every throw & step will be analyzed and written about. Rookie camp may never get more exposure.

Why I'm confident about him is because of the pressure JJM faced at Michigan: can't throw deep they said, Michigan chokes in big games, can't beat teams like Alabama, chokes in the CFB playoffs, Harbaugh being suspended during the season, the spying scandal, etc. And still won the national championship. The lights won't get any brighter in the NFL then what he faced playing Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama and Washington. The road stadiums won't be any louder. The scenarios any more pressure packed. He's been through it all.

The dude's whole career has been big, pressurized games:

https://twitter.com/LGlodek/status/1785830743370862972

Player Bio
High School: Five-star recruit, top 25 overall prospect nationally.
2021: Played in 11 games as a reserve (34-59-57.6, 516 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs passing; 27-124-4.6, 2 TDs rushing).
2022: Third-team All-Big Ten Conference. Played in all 14 games with 13 starts (208-322-64.6, 2,719 yards, 22 TDs, 5 INTs passing; 70-306-4.4, 5 TDs rushing).
2023: Griese-Brees Big Ten QB of the Year. First-team All-Big Ten Conference. Finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (nation's top QB). Ranked sixth in the FBS with school-record 72.3 completion percentage (240-332). Started all 15 games for the national champions (2,991 yards, 22 TDs, 4 INTs passing; 64-202-3.2, 3 TDs rushing). Set school record completing 67.6 percent of his career passes and also had the lowest career INT percentage (1.54).
Full name is Jonathan James McCarthy. Mother, Megan, was a competitive figure skater.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: