Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, its now official...
#Vikings QB J.J. McCarthy announces he'll be wearing #9 the Vikings as a rookie (taking the number from WR Trishton Jackson) after receiving the blessing from former Vikings QB Tommy Kramer.

https://twitter.com/JordanTSilveira/stat...gr%5Etweet

[Image: GMW--oEbgAADrRO?format=jpg&name=medium]
[-] The following 4 users Like purplefaithful's post:

yeah, I saw where Two-twelve-pack Tommy had blessed JJ with wearing his #9. Good on him.

This is a great example of why I really dislike the tradition of retiring numbers. I think it will be great to have another #9 and will also remind me of all the great times with Kramer. I really love Michael Irvin's take who like other WRs to use his 88 as he says it keeps the legacy going and reminds the fans of him. Just don't get what it does for anyone to never let anyone wear the number again, put their name up on the stadium and in the hall of fame, think that is the honor.

nice.... now I dont have to buy a new jersey,  I can just pull out my TK9 that I got for Christmas when I was about 7 or 8 and rock that thing like those half shirts I wore under my pads in high school.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(04-29-2024, 05:44 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: nice.... now I dont have to buy a new jersey,  I can just pull out my TK9 that I got for Christmas when I was about 7 or 8 and rock that thing like those half shirts I wore under my pads in high school.

Today is the first day in probably over a decade I splurged for a new Vike Jersey off the Viking store. 

Must have been the excitement of the draft and hope for tomorrow lol!

No, it wasn't 9...But it was the old school jersey style; #88 Mr. Alan Page. A timeless classic, like me. 

Probably time to do a little house cleaning too:

I have a never worn Favre signed Viking Jersey (I bought from his personal pilot)
An All Pro Adrian Peterson Jersey signed too. 

I gotta find those new homes  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Maybe he should be wearing #10?

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1785154775635337666

lol.

(04-30-2024, 07:37 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Maybe he should be wearing #10?

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1785154775635337666

lol.

I like how he ducks the hit while still going forward at the end.

(04-29-2024, 06:58 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Today is the first day in probably over a decade I splurged for a new Vike Jersey off the Viking store. 

Must have been the excitement of the draft and hope for tomorrow lol!

No, it wasn't 9...But it was the old school jersey style; #88 Mr. Alan Page. A timeless classic, like me. 

Probably time to do a little house cleaning too:

I have a never worn Favre signed Viking Jersey (I bought from his personal pilot)
An All Pro Adrian Peterson Jersey signed too. 

I gotta find those new homes  Cool

I have a rule, I never buy a rookies jersey, the few times I have ever done that they didnt make a 2nd contract with the Vikings.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(04-30-2024, 01:32 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I have a rule,  I never buy a rookies jersey,  the few times I have ever done that they didnt make a 2nd contract with the Vikings.

Same!
Is this thing on?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike Olson's post:

Not sure if anyone cares, but may as well post this in a jersey thread: Regarding the Nike NFL jerseys, the sleeves on the "low-end" model ($130 MSRP) are disproportionately big, especially on the M/L sizes. So unless you're ordering 2X+, be prepared for that.

Of course, the comically expensive style ($350 MSRP) solves this with a more normal fit, like the players wear.

I ordered both styles for Jefferson and wound up returning both. The more expensive one is really nice, but a $350 t-shirt ultimately seemed silly. And the $130 was meh. Bought a hat instead.
[-] The following 2 users Like pattersaur's post: