Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk is pissed about Penix
(04-30-2024, 06:28 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://twitter.com/Michael_Fabiano/stat...gr%5Etweet

This is why its so stupid.

It has several dimensions of stupid. It's bad for Cousins, it's bad for Penix, it's bad for the Falcons, it's bad for culture. After adding Cousins, they could've turned a fringe playoff team into a legit contender by taking Odunze or Turner. Instead, they did nothing to improve their team in 2024. Sure, I get the succession thing. All for it. But you don't use a top 8 pick for that, given where they are in their window. 

I also don't buy that you can say the '25 QB class is weak. It's just way too early to say. 2020 wasn't supposed to be very good either with Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason leading the way. Burrow and Love came out of nowhere. Even this year, Daniels and McCarthy were in nobody's early mock draft a year ago. 

Part of me wonders if Cousins regrets moving on. Vikings too would've taken a QB, but they would not have blindsided him like this.

(04-30-2024, 07:38 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: It has several dimensions of stupid. It's bad for Cousins, it's bad for Penix, it's bad for the Falcons, it's bad for culture. After adding Cousins, they could've turned a fringe playoff team into a legit contender by taking Odunze or Turner. Instead, they did nothing to improve their team in 2024. Sure, I get the succession thing. All for it. But you don't use a top 8 pick for that, given where they are in their window. 

I also don't buy that you can say the '25 QB class is weak. It's just way too early to say. 2020 wasn't supposed to be very good either with Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason leading the way. Burrow and Love came out of nowhere. Even this year, Daniels and McCarthy were in nobody's early mock draft a year ago. 

Part of me wonders if Cousins regrets moving on. Vikings too would've taken a QB, but they would not have blindsided him like this.

Don't feel bad for Kirk: he kind of gave a low level shot at the Vikings franchise by saying Atlanta's front office/coaches/ownership were 'aligned'. LMAO, riiiiight Kirko!
[-] The following 5 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I and many others said for months that the Vikings re-signing Kirk while also drafting a first round QB was a bad plan, as the goals are diametrically opposed. I was told by quite a few members on this board that I was wrong and this is exactly what the Vikings should do. Well now ATL has done just that and people are calling them idiots. Kind of funny.

Either roll with Kirk. Or roll with Penix. Attempting to both at once is a waste of resources and time. I'm surprised Atlanta did this but I am glad they did and that the media is rightfully pointing it out as a bozo move.

(04-30-2024, 07:45 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Don't feel bad for Kirk: he kind of gave a low level shot at the Vikings franchise by saying Atlanta's front office/coaches/ownership were 'aligned'. LMAO, riiiiight Kirko!

Oh I don't feel bad for Kirk. In fact, I kinda hope he regrets his decision to take the money over culture and stability.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post: