Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I guess Mannion has unlimited license
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I am thinking they must really really love Browning if they havent let him take a snap yet.  or they simply want Sloter to get all the TV time to drive up his value knowing that they are going to have to keep Browning on the 53?

this whole thing is a bit of a head scratcher.

I'm slow today, not sure if you're being sarcastic? I know they gave Browning a "record signing bonus" for a UDFA, but he's only got $140,000 guaranteed, hardly means he's safe.

Sloter was brought into to Denver by Klint Kubiak, I would imagine they too see the ability in the kid. 

If he goes, its because of Zim. He probably doesnt see value in a guy they can not trust (bad practice). Its a shame bc the last time we had a non prototypical QB we went to the championship game

Paul Allen is very high on Manion. Said that offensive coaches want his 6 year league experience in the league standing next to Stef on sideline. Also, called Kirk for his birthday this morning, and Kirk was very complementary to Manion.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I am thinking they must really really love Browning if they havent let him take a snap yet.  or they simply want Sloter to get all the TV time to drive up his value knowing that they are going to have to keep Browning on the 53?

I'm slow today, not sure if you're being sarcastic? I know they gave Browning a "record signing bonus" for a UDFA, but he's only got $140,000 guaranteed, hardly means he's safe.
Quote: @JoDakota said:
Paul Allen is very high on Manion. Said that offensive coaches want his 6 year league experience in the league standing next to Stef on sideline. Also, called Kirk for his birthday this morning, and Kirk was very complementary to Manion.
I am going to say it again,  if Mannions top trait is as a mentor/clipboard holding coach... make him a coach then.  keep the roster spots for football players.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Its been reported that they are very high on Browning,  and if they arent sure if they are going to try and sneak him onto the practice squad,  why use him in the preseason and give other teams a chance to formulate an opinion?   of course, with his lack of game experience I am sure he will never see a real snap since Zimmer apparently doesnt trust offensive players with no experience that arent drafted high.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Sloter was brought into to Denver by Klint Kubiak, I would imagine they too see the ability in the kid. 

If he goes, its because of Zim. He probably doesnt see value in a guy they can not trust (bad practice). Its a shame bc the last time we had a non prototypical QB we went to the championship game
And the reason we lost it.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Skodin said:

I dont know that we can put the eagles loss on Keenum.  He wasnt a guy I wanted to extend long term,  and he certainly had a few shit plays in that game,  but IMO the OL and the defensive let downs would be bigger issues than Keenum.

besides... you cant win it if you arent there,  and a gun slinger type QB is pretty much how weve gotten there over the history of the franchise.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Skodin said:

To an extent. They lost that game because the Vikings had a bad defensive gameplan and Reich completely exposed it. The Keenum led Vikings were not built to come back for large deficits which was ultimately the reason they moved on in favor of Kirk. 

There are way more journeyman-type QBs sitting at #2 on Depth Charts than there are young, developmental-types.

Now it's one thing to say the NFL.in general is short-sighted and overvalueing how much experienced guys help 1st String QBs vs. having the chance to find a Franchise QB in the rough.

But the Vikings and Zimmer are hardly going against the grain by valueing Veteran Experience over Developmental Potential.

An example to consider, Josh McCowan has un-retired and signed with the Eagles...He's like, what?  In his 40s now?