Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I'm exited to see tonight
Quote: @Akvike said:
I really want to see tready's suitcases on the curb following an eleven hour trade for a 6th round pick.
Fixed it for you :p   

Interesting that Beebe only had five snaps...I think the #3 WR spot is locked down...Bisi maybe has the #4...

Holmes will give Stephen real competition for 3T...our second team D line could start for about a third of the NFL...

Remember the jump the Colts OL made with new coaching and scheme? I think we make a big jump...I can't recall our second unit looking as competent as last night in any preseason game...

Mattison looked very good...he looks to be smaller than 221 to me...someone needs to teach Abdullah how to hang on to the freaking ball...

Jalyn Holmes could be a monster, he's got all the traits you want. Came from a big time college program and highly recruited out of high school. I read he's over 300 lbs. now, correct? What a find if he keeps developing. I read that Oli Udoh played well too?

Yeah, Holmes really stood out. And that was 1st line stuff. I remember he had a nasty spin move at OSU. Now he might have some size and experience to go with it. 

That's always been Abdullah's problem. Even going back to Nebraska. I remember when he was drafted by the Lions, I just laughed. Great speed, quickness, vision... but fumbles. Like, a LOT. 

I thought our 2nd and 3rd lines were impressive. Browning seems to have clean pockets and all day to throw many times. Norton, Samia, Udoh...even Catalina were solid. Really excited about Udoh. No way we can expose this kid to waivers. 

I have to go back and watch Udoh specifically...

@StickyBun...yup, Holmes is a biscuit over 300lbs now...freakishly long arm...that sack of Teddy was just a beautiful stunt...Wilson engaged with the OL opened up the ally...man, Wilson had a couple really good plays...how Gedeon remains the starter...

Hercules played extremely well and was constantly in the backfield moving the QB, getting home on Teddy once as well.  All of our TE's had a great game and produced.  Mattison will be a play maker on this team this year.  Bisi Johnson showed up well as did Mike Boone.  People aren't going to like to hear it, but I thought Treadwell did well with his opportunities.  We also had guys that didn't show up as well as hoped.  Elf was whiffing a lot to my eyes, I thought Kendricks played poorly and missed a few too many tackles, Cameron Smith was slow and late to react too often and he missed several tackles as well, Epps had his welcome to the NFL moment on the TD catch and run, Abdullah fumbles to air, Samia was pushed back surprisingly often for his brawler persona and he got called for being a bit grabby.  Overall, we played some pretty good football.  A lot of the young guys now have a taste of what's required to play at this level and I'm excited to see how they adjust their play next week.  Our depth of talent showed at nearly every position last night.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I have to go back and watch Udoh specifically...

@StickyBun...yup, Holmes is a biscuit over 300lbs now...freakishly long arm...that sack of Teddy was just a beautiful stunt...Wilson engaged with the OL opened up the ally...man, Wilson had a couple really good plays...how Gedeon remains the starter...

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I saw on Twitter (@Krauserrific, I think, good Vikings follow) that PFF had Gedeon as a top 5 defender for MN last night.
They had E. Griffen bottom 3. Time to panic? (95% sarcasm but also a little worried about how he'll do this year...)

That TFL Wilson had last night is beyond what Gedeon is capable of...regardless, it's a position that won't be on the field for a third of the snaps...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That TFL Wilson had last night is beyond what Gedeon is capable of...regardless, it's a position that won't be on the field for a third of the snaps...
Interesting note (maybe to just me) but Wilson is only 24 years old. I think he's definitely gotten incrementally better each year and is at least close to an average NFL LB starter in the NFL. Strong body.

Quote: @AllBS said:
People aren't going to like to hear it, but I thought Treadwell did well with his opportunities.
Well, he did have 1 catch for 12 yards, which is close to his career average of 1.17 catches and 10.8 yards per game over the course of his 3 year career.

So by Deadwell's standards, he did great!