Trump's racism no longer in question
Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@badgervike said:
Don't you on the Left ever get tired of calling people racists?  It's particularly strange when you defend people that have made direct racist and anti-semitic comments.  As I said in the other racial thread, I get it...Obama made it cool to call people racist again.  What an incredible waste.  The first black President had the opportunity to put issues of race behind us once and for all...and instead used race for political gain.  Disagree with him on economic policy or healthcare or...and Obama was all too happy to make it about race.  Obama would chime in on the Harvard professor, Trayvon, Ferguson, Freddie Gray....almost always on the wrong side of the actual facts....all to consolidate and charge his base.  Obama's legacy should have been about this Country finally seeing people as people...and not judging by the color of their skin...a legacy that would have been amazing.  Instead, his legacy will be that he likely set the Country back 40 years in race relations.  I volunteer at the local shelter several times a week mostly working with people of color.  The level of distrust Obama caused between races (and the police) is truly shameful.  The number of times I was called a racist in my 58 years on the planet prior to Obama taking office...zero.  After Obama was elected, literally hundreds...the racist accusations come easy for the Left even when there's no merit. 

The Left now sees only color in every situation.  You can't question people of color or LGBTQ people or...on the merits of their ideas or their actions....because race, sexual orientation is all the Left sees.  The so called squad has a bad history of some fairly vile anti-white and anti-semitic comments yet here we are with the Left defending them...because they can't possibly be questioned...because they're black..or Hispanic...and Rapinoe can't be questioned for not singing the anthem...because she's gay. 

Stop with the dog whistle crap and worry about what really matters.  You want to make a difference?  Get out there and actually do something about helping minorities and the disadvantaged...instead of this nonsense.
Yes, you've said this before. I'd be curious to know why you were called a racist. Was it because you went to a tea party rally and held a sign showing Obama with a bone through his nose? Or a sign that said "go back to Kenya?" Or any number of several hundred things that showed up at those rallies I don't even want to repeat on this board? Or is it just because you didn't vote for him?

I think some of us consider racism just about the worst thing in the world. Others seem to be just OK with it. Gerson said it well: " This evil — the evil of white supremacy, resulting in dehumanization, inhumanity and murder — is the worst stain, the greatest crime, of U.S. history. It is the thing that nearly broke the nation. It is the thing that proved generations of Christians to be vicious hypocrites. It is the thing that turned normal people into moral monsters."

Yeah, it's a pretty bad thing. We HAVE TO call it out where it exists. If we don't, it will destroy us. I've never called you, or anyone else on this board, a racist. But if someone did, I would imagine it's because of this sort of INSISTENCE to ignore it, to sweep it under the rug and blame something else. It's like Pumpf's post. Kid writes about how he hates the Hispanic invasion of Texas, drives 600 miles to a border town Walmart and shoots up the place....and Pumpf thinks we need to talk about divorce. WTF, man!! Why not just say he's a racist piece of shit and racism has no place in America? Can you even say that? Is that so hard? You have to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, why is it so hard to call out racism where it exists? Divorce???!! The fuck man...
Call it out where it exists.  Everywhere it exist.  Even if it means goring the sacred ox of the left, abortion. 

Go ahead, just call it out.  Abortion is evil.  And racist. 

I'll be waiting.
That's great, Greed. Makes perfect sense to compare the gunning down of innocent people because of their skin color to ending an unintended pregnancy, a procedure at least half of Americans don't have a problem with. That you consider them comparable says a lot. 
You said racism.  Not murder.  Killing innocent people because of their color, because of a handicap, because of their sex, because of their inconvenience is murder.  Go ahead, call it out.  It isn't hard.
Probably the greatest evil of our time.
I don't believe ending an unintended pregnancy IS murder. I don't believe life begins at conception. Many, if not most people, in fact, don't believe this. Personally, I am against abortion. But, like adultery (another thing I am personally against), I don't think I should tell my neighbor what choice she must make and throw her in jail if she disagrees with me. Ultimately, it's her decision. And a terrible one at that. Y'see, that's what being pro-choice is about. I've always felt you pro-lifers have never fully understood this issue. 
Well, like your take on racism, I think it needs called out.  It has made us "into moral monsters".  Like your take on racism, it is because of the apathy of many that we have lost our way.  Some may feel like you do in regards to race (not me, and not justifying it) so what makes you different?  Honestly?
Those of African decent were called partially human, less than human, property.  They were denied rights based on a faulty assumption that their life wasn't worth as much.  Much like the pro-choice crowd.  The anti-science stance of acting oblivious to facts, ignoring the pain they feel, ignoring that it is selfishness, not choice.  Your straw man aside, taking a life, is wrong.  Just as it is wrong to hate someone because of the color of their skin.  See, it isn't hard to condemn anger, hatred, selfishness and murder.
So go on riding your high horse of moral superiority because you condemn racism.  But until you value all life, it is hypocrisy.
I disagree. I disagree that ending an unintended pregnancy makes a moral monster out of anyone. And, no, I don't think condemning racism makes anyone "morally superior." Really kinda disturbing that you think that. 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said: but trying to force their culture into America. I.e. Sharia Law. 
I am truly interested in the facts supporting this statement.  Can you supply me with an documented example of this; even a legislator who quoted the Koran in support of a particular bill?  Thanks

I find it kinda amazing that the same people that will snarl, growl, and try to pull moral superiority against abortion will be the same ones that vote against the very same programs that could help the woman and that "oh, so precious child" attain self-sufficiency with the "why should I pay for that tramp's love child?" mentality.

It's sick, yet kinda fascinating to watch.

So, however she arrived at that (usually horrible, soul-shaking) decision, she's wrong not to bring the kid into the world AND wrong to ask for assistance when the dad can't/won't.

Given that she's likely in a low-income situation to begin with, that kind of pinheaded hypocrisy basically props up rising crime...because she'll likely be either living in brutal conditions in section 8 housing, and/or working so much that her child won't get the kind of parenting that it really needs.

For the "serves her right for unprotected sex" crowd...ironically, I suggest you get bent.  A WHOLE LOT OF SEX IS UNPLANNED, as history clearly shows throughout human history.  Yes, we should take responsibility and YES, we should take precautions...but when it's difficult/expensive for women to get their preferred birth control, and they're being lectured by men that don't have any idea what the women go through physically/mentally/emotionally in a pregnancy...the men should listen more, and talk less.

Not ONLY listen, not remain completely silent...but listen more, because we can't have anything like a complete understanding.  We don't have the wiring or the plumbing.

In my book, I'm not a fan of abortion.  I'm pro-choice, and my choice is almost 25 and in our military.  However, I'm even less of a fan of people that manage to be such sniveling hypocrites while claiming to "support American citizens".

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@badgervike said:
Don't you on the Left ever get tired of calling people racists?  It's particularly strange when you defend people that have made direct racist and anti-semitic comments.  As I said in the other racial thread, I get it...Obama made it cool to call people racist again.  What an incredible waste.  The first black President had the opportunity to put issues of race behind us once and for all...and instead used race for political gain.  Disagree with him on economic policy or healthcare or...and Obama was all too happy to make it about race.  Obama would chime in on the Harvard professor, Trayvon, Ferguson, Freddie Gray....almost always on the wrong side of the actual facts....all to consolidate and charge his base.  Obama's legacy should have been about this Country finally seeing people as people...and not judging by the color of their skin...a legacy that would have been amazing.  Instead, his legacy will be that he likely set the Country back 40 years in race relations.  I volunteer at the local shelter several times a week mostly working with people of color.  The level of distrust Obama caused between races (and the police) is truly shameful.  The number of times I was called a racist in my 58 years on the planet prior to Obama taking office...zero.  After Obama was elected, literally hundreds...the racist accusations come easy for the Left even when there's no merit. 

The Left now sees only color in every situation.  You can't question people of color or LGBTQ people or...on the merits of their ideas or their actions....because race, sexual orientation is all the Left sees.  The so called squad has a bad history of some fairly vile anti-white and anti-semitic comments yet here we are with the Left defending them...because they can't possibly be questioned...because they're black..or Hispanic...and Rapinoe can't be questioned for not singing the anthem...because she's gay. 

Stop with the dog whistle crap and worry about what really matters.  You want to make a difference?  Get out there and actually do something about helping minorities and the disadvantaged...instead of this nonsense.
Yes, you've said this before. I'd be curious to know why you were called a racist. Was it because you went to a tea party rally and held a sign showing Obama with a bone through his nose? Or a sign that said "go back to Kenya?" Or any number of several hundred things that showed up at those rallies I don't even want to repeat on this board? Or is it just because you didn't vote for him?

I think some of us consider racism just about the worst thing in the world. Others seem to be just OK with it. Gerson said it well: " This evil — the evil of white supremacy, resulting in dehumanization, inhumanity and murder — is the worst stain, the greatest crime, of U.S. history. It is the thing that nearly broke the nation. It is the thing that proved generations of Christians to be vicious hypocrites. It is the thing that turned normal people into moral monsters."

Yeah, it's a pretty bad thing. We HAVE TO call it out where it exists. If we don't, it will destroy us. I've never called you, or anyone else on this board, a racist. But if someone did, I would imagine it's because of this sort of INSISTENCE to ignore it, to sweep it under the rug and blame something else. It's like Pumpf's post. Kid writes about how he hates the Hispanic invasion of Texas, drives 600 miles to a border town Walmart and shoots up the place....and Pumpf thinks we need to talk about divorce. WTF, man!! Why not just say he's a racist piece of shit and racism has no place in America? Can you even say that? Is that so hard? You have to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, why is it so hard to call out racism where it exists? Divorce???!! The fuck man...
Call it out where it exists.  Everywhere it exist.  Even if it means goring the sacred ox of the left, abortion. 

Go ahead, just call it out.  Abortion is evil.  And racist. 

I'll be waiting.
That's great, Greed. Makes perfect sense to compare the gunning down of innocent people because of their skin color to ending an unintended pregnancy, a procedure at least half of Americans don't have a problem with. That you consider them comparable says a lot. 
You said racism.  Not murder.  Killing innocent people because of their color, because of a handicap, because of their sex, because of their inconvenience is murder.  Go ahead, call it out.  It isn't hard.
Probably the greatest evil of our time.
I don't believe ending an unintended pregnancy IS murder. I don't believe life begins at conception. Many, if not most people, in fact, don't believe this. Personally, I am against abortion. But, like adultery (another thing I am personally against), I don't think I should tell my neighbor what choice she must make and throw her in jail if she disagrees with me. Ultimately, it's her decision. And a terrible one at that. Y'see, that's what being pro-choice is about. I've always felt you pro-lifers have never fully understood this issue. 
Well, like your take on racism, I think it needs called out.  It has made us "into moral monsters".  Like your take on racism, it is because of the apathy of many that we have lost our way.  Some may feel like you do in regards to race (not me, and not justifying it) so what makes you different?  Honestly?
Those of African decent were called partially human, less than human, property.  They were denied rights based on a faulty assumption that their life wasn't worth as much.  Much like the pro-choice crowd.  The anti-science stance of acting oblivious to facts, ignoring the pain they feel, ignoring that it is selfishness, not choice.  Your straw man aside, taking a life, is wrong.  Just as it is wrong to hate someone because of the color of their skin.  See, it isn't hard to condemn anger, hatred, selfishness and murder.
So go on riding your high horse of moral superiority because you condemn racism.  But until you value all life, it is hypocrisy.
I disagree. I disagree that ending an unintended pregnancy makes a moral monster out of anyone. And, no, I don't think condemning racism makes anyone "morally superior." Really kinda disturbing that you think that. 
kinda fitting how you say you don't act superior, and then you keep talking.  Giddyap!

Quote: @badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
For those who think it's not racist, go into work tomorrow and tell one of your non-white co-workers that he should go back to where he came from. See what HR says.
First of all, they were complaining about the US and the President called them out on it.  This is a group that also has made direct racist and anti-semitic (not the dog whistle nonsense the left complains about). Now, let's talk about your example MB.  If an employee was complaining about the company and the President of the company told them if they didn't like working for the company...maybe they want to consider looking elsewhere particularly given their previous racist and anti-semitic comments.   Now, ask the question about what HR says.
What racist quotes are you talking about?  Anti-Semitic quotes?  Post them.

I suspect you can't differentiate between being critical of Israel the country and its government vs. Jewish people.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said: 
Funny ... until you value all life?  I don't consider a cluster of cells a life when a woman terminates a pregnancy with a morning after pill - isn't that the same as an abortion?  I mean if you believe life starts at conception, then you are saying a morning after pill is an act of murder.  That's fucking off the rails batshit crazy.

Yet which party slashes funding for the poor?  Which party resists funding healthcare for all Americans?  Who is slashing funding for Children's heatlhcare and food benefits? Which party doesn't give a shit children are in cages, just because it happened on Obama's watch too so that makes it okay, we're guilt free and besides they deserve it for being illegal ...

One day you'll discover the difference between being pro-birth vs. pro-life, but today is not that day.

Get the fuck off your hypocritical high horse first Greed ... you're not pro life.  The moment that child is born Republicans don't give two shits about doing anything for it's actual LIFE.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

Funny ... until you value all life?  I don't consider a cluster of cells a life when a woman terminates a pregnancy with a morning after pill - isn't that the same as an abortion?  I mean if you believe life starts at conception, then you are saying a morning after pill is an act of murder.  That's fucking off the rails batshit crazy.

Yet which party slashes funding for the poor?  Which party resists funding healthcare for all Americans?  Who is slashing funding for Children's heatlhcare and food benefits? Which party doesn't give a shit children are in cages, just because it happened on Obama's watch too so that makes it okay, we're guilt free and besides they deserve it for being illegal ...

One day you'll discover the difference between being pro-birth vs. pro-life, but today is not that day.

Get the fuck off your hypocritical high horse first Greed ... you're not pro life.  The moment that child is born Republicans don't give two shits about doing anything for it's actual LIFE.
Simply not true.  

According to Nikolas Kristof.  (NYT)  https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opini...of.html?em (liberal source)
According to POLITICO.  https://www.politico.com/story/2012/08/s...ble-079888 (liberal source) 
According to Non-profit Quarterly.  https://nonprofitquarterly.org/republica...tory-here/ (obscure source) 

Admittedly, It's true conservatives/GOP'ers are consistent in being WARY of big gov/gov programs as the best mediators of aid to the poor/needy.  

But study after study after study finds conservatives are more charitable to their fellow man, than liberals.  And conservatives HAVE to honor the tax-code, too. 

"Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates."

"Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways. People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often. If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent."

Tip O'Neill remarked..."All politics is local."
If he was right, conservatives kick liberal's asses by any measure/study....as the %'s increase the more 'locally studied'.  

And by the way, spending for entitlements has GROWN  EXPONENTIALLY over our lifetimes (I'm in my 50's), no matter who has been "in charge".  
So much so, we're spending our grandchildren's money.  

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@SFVikeFan said:

Simply not true.  

According to Nikolas Kristof.  (NYT)  https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opini...of.html?em (liberal source)
According to POLITICO.  https://www.politico.com/story/2012/08/s...ble-079888 (liberal source) 
According to Non-profit Quarterly.  https://nonprofitquarterly.org/republica...tory-here/ (obscure source) 

Admittedly, It's true conservatives/GOP'ers are consistent in being WARY of big gov/gov programs as the best mediators of aid to the poor/needy.  

But study after study after study finds conservatives are more charitable to their fellow man, than liberals.  And conservatives HAVE to honor the tax-code, too. 

"Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates."

"Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways. People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often. If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent."

Tip O'Neill remarked..."All politics is local."
If he was right, conservatives kick liberal's asses by any measure/study....as the %'s increase the more 'locally studied'.  

And by the way, spending for entitlements has GROWN  EXPONENTIALLY over our lifetimes (I'm in my 50's), no matter who has been "in charge".  
So much so, we're spending our grandchildren's money.  

You're comparing charities to support of political policies that affect tens of millions, if not the whole country?

So if you donate to the United Way, then you're all square with St. Peter and get the green light to vote against funding for children's heatlhcare, food stamps for poor families, don't care about children in cages because they deserve it for being illegal, while simultaneously claiming to support a platform of being pro-life?

There's mental gymnastics and then there's what you just did ... amazing. 

You're comparing charities to support of political policies that affect tens of millions, if not the whole country?

You're not much of a quick-study, are you? 
How do you support "political policies"?  You pay taxes, right? Mandatory confiscation.    Liberal, or conservative?  You pay.  Right?  Or you go to jail. 
NAME/POST ONE YEAR, IN US GOVT FIDUCIARY HISTORY, IN WHICH LESS MONEY WAS SPENT THAN THE PREVIOUS YEAR, IN ENTITLEMENT SPENDING.  ONE. 
Since there is NOT ONE, your entire argument, is moot/irrelevant/worthless.  

So if you donate to the United Way, then you're all square with St. Peter and get the green light to vote against funding for children's heatlhcare, food stamps for poor families, don't care about children in cages because they deserve it for being illegal, while simultaneously claiming to support a platform of being pro-life?

So much BS
I'll say this.  If you pay your full taxes (fed/state/local) AND you DONATE FURTHER MORE TO CHARITY (which has been proven time & again...that conservatives donate more >> liberals), I would defer to 
St Peter's beneficence. But yes, I hope St Peter was judging 5 liberals in line, in front of me.  I like those odds, he'd wink.   Wink 

There's mental gymnastics and then there's what you just did ... amazing. 

You're a riot at parties, aren't ya?  

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said: 

And you wonder why no one takes you serious?  Talk about hypocritical bullshit.  Your opinion on when life starts makes all the difference in the world?  But someones opinion that they hate someone of a different color isn't valid?  Both are bullshit. 

Andy you don't have a fucking clue about me, yet feel ok gaslighting me?  Well done, your tolerance is leveled up.  If you care so much about the poor, go do something about it. 

Until then, your posts are an absolute waste of time.