Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's racism no longer in question
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...e-n1029676

Countdown to the excuse-o-rama "Well what he meant to say ... he's just telling it like it is ..."

President Donald Trump on Sunday said progressive congresswomen should "go back" and try to fix the "crime infested places" where they "came from" before telling the U.S. government how to handle its problems.
"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run," Trump wrote in a series of three tweets.
"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came," the president continued. "Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

As a British writer said earlier this year, "if being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

Question:  Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?
A few things spring to mind.
Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.
Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.
But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.
Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.
And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.
There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.
Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.
Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.
And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.
Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.
He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.
He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.
That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.
There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.
So the fact that a significant minority — perhaps a third — of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
* You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.
This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.
After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.
God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.
He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.
In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.
And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:
‘My God… what… have… I… created?
If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

My thinking about this era is evolving...More disturbing to me than The Cheetoh is actually the # of people that voted for him and will vote Red again.

Much as I'd like a viable, 3rd party candidate, The Blue party better get it right this time..I told my wife that nominating Hilda Beast pretty much handed the White House to The Donald.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
My thinking about this era is evolving...More disturbing to me than The Cheetoh is actually the # of people that voted for him and will vote Red again.

Much as I'd like a viable, 3rd party candidate, The Blue party better get it right this time..I told my wife that nominating Hilda Beast pretty much handed the White House to The Donald.
What is sickening is watching fellow Republicans stay silent, and just roll with it.  

How on Earth do decent people, some even educated, continue to NOT speak up and say "this is wrong, America is better than this?

He is everything wrong with our country, a blaring neon sign of our loss of humanity and compassion, and his cult cheers it on.  Reading comments on Facebook there are legions of Trump humpers declaring what he said isn't racist, it's just "nationalism". 

The only thing worse than Trump's blatant repeated racism are his enablers from the GOP party too afraid to speak up for fear of losing votes, and his brainwashed cult defending and cheering his racism.

You can actually love this country, it's values and be a patriot without being a nationalist...Just such different world views. Be nice if those difference resulted in great, balanced policy vs such division.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I can't believe 60 people were swindled into voting for this conman, let alone 60M. That will be studied for centuries. I keep coming back to video where Trump tells us 24 things "nobody" does better than him. "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do." 

If a potential candidate came into my office and told me that "nobody" was a better designer than him, I would probably ask how he got past HR before showing him the door. All of us would. If a Viking coaching candidate told the public that "nobody knows offenses the way I do," every single one of us would think he was full of shit. And yet 60 million people decided this was the kind of person they wanted leading their country. 

It doesn't matter who the dems nominate (hoping for Buttigieg), that person will become the target of every Russian-borne Facebook meme, odious internet conspiracy theory and flat out false Fox smear just like Hillary was.

We'll see if the country falls for it again. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I can't believe 60 people were swindled into voting for this conman, let alone 60M. That will be studied for centuries. I keep coming back to video where Trump tells us 24 things "nobody" does better than him. "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do." 

If a potential candidate came into my office and told me that "nobody" was a better designer than him, I would probably ask how he got past HR before showing him the door. All of us would. If a Viking coaching candidate told the public that "nobody knows offenses the way I do," every single one of us would think he was full of shit. And yet 60 million people decided this was the kind of person they wanted leading their country. 

It doesn't matter who the dems nominate (hoping for Buttigieg), that person will become the target of every Russian-borne Facebook meme, odious internet conspiracy theory and flat out false Fox smear just like Hillary was.

We'll see if the country falls for it again. 

They will.

There's a reason I've gotten so nasty on this board. These people need to be shouted down and spit on at this point. No more, "Well, look at it from their point of view." Enough is enough. Their point of view is wrong, and they need to be told that repeatedly.

President Donald Trump’s bigoted and nonsensical attack on progressive Democratic women in Congress on Sunday drew praise from the hosts of his favorite morning cable news show.
Jedediah Bila, co-host of the weekend edition of “Fox & Friends,” along with “Fox & Friends” correspondent Todd Piro and Fox News correspondent Griff Jenkins, laughed it up over the president’s tweets calling on the congresswomen to “go back” to other countries.
Piro and Bila chuckled as Jenkins read the president’s vitriolic comments aloud.
“Comedian in chief,” Piro said.
“Someone’s feeling very comedic today,” Bila added.
Despite the racist and factually inaccurate statements made in Trump’s tweets, the Fox News personalities applauded the president’s remarks.
Piro accused the progressive congresswomen of not taking their jobs seriously and dismissed them as an “Instagram group,” a reference to their prolific and strategic use of social media to raise awareness about their political agendas.
“This is real life,” Piro said. “This isn’t social media, just having fun, trying to, you know, rile people up. This is real life. The words you say have real-life consequences. And I think that needs to be taken into consideration.”

(CAN YOU BELIEVE THE FUCKING HYPOCRISY :  "THIS ISN'T SOCIAL MEDIA TRYING TO RILE PEOPLE UP ... THE WORDS YOU SAY HAVE REAL LIFE CONSEQUENCES"  - BUT TRUMP GETS A PASS FOR DOING EXACTLY THAT WITH HIS DISGUSTING, RACIST TWITTER RANTS???)

Bila added that she believes Trump’s “making an important point.”
Trump’s “saying if you don’t like what this country stands for you’re not going to change it and take away all these things that Americans value so much,” she said. “Like, if you don’t like it, leave and go set up camp somewhere else.”

And there you have it folks ... Fox and Friends, state-run propaganda TV, joking about Trump's racist rant and even applauding him for it.  The GOP's disgusting abandonment of all morals and acceptance of racism is their new brand of politics.   
Family values my ass ... embracing white nationalism is now the new standard.
I'm not sure about spitting on people but this is why I'm also beyond disgusted and appalled, and agree that anyone agrees with this sick mindset deserves to be called out.  

Well, that's what racists have been doing for decades isn't it? Tell you it was only a joke and then blame you for being so sensitive?

It's like we took that drunk, racist Uncle we all hate seeing at Thanksgiving and elected him President.