Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's racism no longer in question
Quote: @KingBash said:
@AGRforever said:
@KingBash said:
@savannahskol said:
@pumpf said:

3. Conservatives support / vote for ALOT of women and "people of color" (assuming that that is the PC way of describing them).  You'd think that if "we" were racists and sexists, we wouldn't think so highly of people like Candace Owens, Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell (who only fell out of favor when his ideologies tilted liberal), Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell, Sarah Palin (who was a woman that many conservatives supported- even if she was off her rocker sometimes)... to name just a few.  Seems like "we" couldn't care less about skin color.  What matters to us- spoiler alert- is the content of their character (i.e. whether or not their values align with our own). 
& Yeezy!  Don't forget about Yeezy!  

[Image: giphy.gif]

You're using the term "racist" the way people in the 20s did. Racism isn't just dropping an N-word or legitimately arguing that blacks are less than whites. I doubt a single one of you thinks that way on this board. Racism is supporting archaic drug laws that favor imprisoning blacks/Hispanics. It's telling non-whites to go back to their original countries. (Yes, it is. No argument.) It's manipulating the census by adding a citizenship question so Republicans can steal votes by gerrymandering.

And I'll tell you what else. Finding a GIF of a mentally-ill conman who loves his ego stroked pointing to a mentally-ill black guy doesn't prove how accepting Republicans are. As for pump above, there was a term for the people he listed way back when. It starts with "house." And I'm NOT saying that because of how they act (their positions are their's, I won't pretend to question their beliefs), but it's because of how white Republicans view them: pawns. "I can't be racist, look at my black friends!" 

I think the racism angle does get overplayed quite a bit. I think it was some White House correspondent (woman, can't think of her name) and Trump called her stupid. Nothing more. People screamed racism, and all I could think was, "this idiot acts like a total child to everybody. Let's not overplay this."
How is asking if youre a citizen going to allow gerrymandering?  
I won't link to anything since the Trump crowd will just scream "FAKE NEWS", but just simply Google "gerrymandering census"... those two words. And you can select a source for yourself.

What do you think this whole fight has been about? 
its only an issue if you are for allowing voter fraud because the only way its an issue is if the voter is not a citizen.  anybody here legally should have no issue with saying they are a legal citizen.  the ones that are gerrymandering with this issue are those that dont want their illegal voter base and population numbers deported,  which they should be regardless of how a census turns out.  no need to google common sense.  how many congress people would be eliminated from Cali and other states if all the illegals were taken out of the population equation for establishing the numbers of congressional districts?   also how would that affect district lines if illegals werent taking into the matter?  why would we want more politicians if their reason for being is to represent non Americans interest?   

The dems are all up in arms about a potential foreign involvement in our electoral process when it comes to russia meddling,  I think its a bigger issue if we have huge numbers of people living here illegally that are affecting not only the election process,  but also the law making of our country?

I have zero problem with foreigners working in the US legally,  but they should have limited rights and certainly not be able to affect our electoral process or be a major factor in our how our laws are written.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@AGRforever said:
@KingBash said:
@savannahskol said:
@pumpf said:

3. Conservatives support / vote for ALOT of women and "people of color" (assuming that that is the PC way of describing them).  You'd think that if "we" were racists and sexists, we wouldn't think so highly of people like Candace Owens, Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell (who only fell out of favor when his ideologies tilted liberal), Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell, Sarah Palin (who was a woman that many conservatives supported- even if she was off her rocker sometimes)... to name just a few.  Seems like "we" couldn't care less about skin color.  What matters to us- spoiler alert- is the content of their character (i.e. whether or not their values align with our own). 

You're using the term "racist" the way people in the 20s did. Racism isn't just dropping an N-word or legitimately arguing that blacks are less than whites. I doubt a single one of you thinks that way on this board. Racism is supporting archaic drug laws that favor imprisoning blacks/Hispanics. It's telling non-whites to go back to their original countries. (Yes, it is. No argument.) It's manipulating the census by adding a citizenship question so Republicans can steal votes by gerrymandering.

And I'll tell you what else. Finding a GIF of a mentally-ill conman who loves his ego stroked pointing to a mentally-ill black guy doesn't prove how accepting Republicans are. As for pump above, there was a term for the people he listed way back when. It starts with "house." And I'm NOT saying that because of how they act (their positions are their's, I won't pretend to question their beliefs), but it's because of how white Republicans view them: pawns. "I can't be racist, look at my black friends!" 

I think the racism angle does get overplayed quite a bit. I think it was some White House correspondent (woman, can't think of her name) and Trump called her stupid. Nothing more. People screamed racism, and all I could think was, "this idiot acts like a total child to everybody. Let's not overplay this."
I won't link to anything since the Trump crowd will just scream "FAKE NEWS", but just simply Google "gerrymandering census"... those two words. And you can select a source for yourself.

its only an issue if you are for allowing voter fraud because the only way its an issue is if the voter is not a citizen.  anybody here legally should have no issue with saying they are a legal citizen.  the ones that are gerrymandering with this issue are those that dont want their illegal voter base and population numbers deported,  which they should be regardless of how a census turns out.  no need to google common sense.  how many congress people would be eliminated from Cali and other states if all the illegals were taken out of the population equation for establishing the numbers of congressional districts?   also how would that affect district lines if illegals werent taking into the matter?  why would we want more politicians if their reason for being is to represent non Americans interest?   

The dems are all up in arms about a potential foreign involvement in our electoral process when it comes to russia meddling,  I think its a bigger issue if we have huge numbers of people living here illegally that are affecting not only the election process,  but also the law making of our country?

I have zero problem with foreigners working in the US legally,  but they should have limited rights and certainly not be able to affect our electoral process or be a major factor in our how our laws are written.
*sigh*

As I expected... just towing the company line. Zero critical thinking. Zero perspective.

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@MaroonBells said:

And don't forget that white supremacists, Republicans all...
*Sigh* 

I haven't done a "deep dive" into the poll-respondent demo's... maybe it is 'Republican only'... but even if that's indeed true, I'm frankly surprised Trump could move ANY demographic 4-6%, at this stage. 

If'n you did have a decent point, it gets lost in the statement "white supremacists, Republicans all".  REALLY? 

My point is... despite all recent hyperbole last few days, Trump's poll numbers have increased. 
But now you're shifting gears. The specific poll you were referring to above--the one taken after his racist tweet--showed a 5% increase in approval among republicans. His numbers stayed the same among democrats and sank among independents. The reason for this is very likely because many republicans don't see anything racist in what he said. And many white supremacists--who, yes, are largely republicans--actually loved it. Because of course they did. 

Now, can you maybe dig into the dark bowels of the internet and find a handful of backwards-ass white supremacists so incredibly stupid they yell "white power," all the while supporting a Democratic platform about inclusion, reparations, affirmative action, marriage equality, paths to citizenship, gun regulations...and whose field of candidates for president includes an Asian, two Hispanics, two blacks, a Hindu, and a gay man...? Maybe so. 

Cue inane Robert Byrd response....

@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@AGRforever said:
@KingBash said:
@savannahskol said:
@pumpf said:

*sigh*

As I expected... just towing the company line. Zero critical thinking. Zero perspective.
again from the laughable one.  i am willing to try and explain a position,  you on the other hand arent willing to do anything but belittle the opposing view point.  you are a fraud,  really nothing more than a troll.   I can respect the hell out of an opposing view and as I have told Mike on many occassions that although I dont agree with him,  i do appreciate him explaining his position as it is often better explained than the hate and rage from others,  but you,  you are just here to stir shit up and really havent provided anything of substance just like a troll would do.

name calling and one liners add nothing to the conversation.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Why come to a country with a globally-known loudmouth that is all for ICE raids and deportations? 

Because normally it’s a problem.  When you add Soros money and Dem strategy to send caravans (to MAKE Trump look like a racist and to use the immigration issue for their own power) it turns into a crisis.  

Just like abortion.  Racism.  Cop shootings.  Guns.  

We should strive for libertarian values ... less government.  Let people be free. 
Hard to take anyone seriously who thinks George Soros and the Democrats are funding caravans of illegals.

But then again, your affinity for looney tunes conspiracy theories is well documented at this point so not surprised you couldn't make it more than a few posts before you went back to the well for more.

@KingBash said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@AGRforever said:
@KingBash said:
@savannahskol said:
@pumpf said:

*sigh*

again from the laughable one.  i am willing to try and explain a position,  you on the other hand arent willing to do anything but belittle the opposing view point.  you are a fraud,  really nothing more than a troll.   I can respect the hell out of an opposing view and as I have told Mike on many occassions that although I dont agree with him,  i do appreciate him explaining his position as it is often better explained than the hate and rage from others,  but you,  you are just here to stir shit up and really havent provided anything of substance just like a troll would do.

name calling and one liners add nothing to the conversation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/11/podcasts/the-daily/census-citizenship-question-2020.html

Will you even listen? Or just continue to repeat the same tired shit Republicans want you to parrot.

I now understand how Nazi Germany began. I never could comprehend how so many people could be so evil... they weren't. They're just rank and file simpletons like the Trump supporters on this board. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@A1Janitor said:
Why come to a country with a globally-known loudmouth that is all for ICE raids and deportations? 

Because normally it’s a problem.  When you add Soros money and Dem strategy to send caravans (to MAKE Trump look like a racist and to use the immigration issue for their own power) it turns into a crisis.  

We should strive for libertarian values ... less government.  Let people be free. 
Hard to take anyone seriously who thinks George Soros and the Democrats are funding caravans of illegals.

But then again, your affinity for looney tunes conspiracy theories is well documented at this point so not surprised you couldn't make it more than a few posts before you went back to the well for more.
hard to believe that those people are making their way from central america on their own.  somebody is feeding them and carrying for them along the way.   if there wasnt an organized support effort there is no way that they could have made that journey with that many people without horrible consequences from crime, starvation, and disease.   If it wasnt Soros who was it?  pretty sure it wasnt Trump.  we saw the videos, those people were traveling with nothing to sustain them.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@savannahskol said:
@MaroonBells said:

And don't forget that white supremacists, Republicans all...
*Sigh* 

I haven't done a "deep dive" into the poll-respondent demo's... maybe it is 'Republican only'... but even if that's indeed true, I'm frankly surprised Trump could move ANY demographic 4-6%, at this stage. 

If'n you did have a decent point, it gets lost in the statement "white supremacists, Republicans all".  REALLY? 

My point is... despite all recent hyperbole last few days, Trump's poll numbers have increased. 
But now you're shifting gears. The specific poll you were referring to above--the one taken after his racist tweet--showed a 5% increase in approval among republicans. His numbers stayed the same among democrats and sank among independents. The reason for this is very likely because many republicans don't see anything racist in what he said. And many white supremacists--who, yes, are largely republicans--actually loved it. Because of course they did. 

Now, can you maybe dig into the dark bowels of the internet and find a handful of backwards-ass white supremacists so incredibly stupid they yell "white power," all the while supporting a Democratic platform about inclusion, reparations, affirmative action, marriage equality, paths to citizenship, gun regulations...and whose field of candidates for president includes an Asian, two Hispanics, two blacks, a Hindu, and a gay man...? Maybe so. 

Cue inane Robert Byrd response....

You can almost predict their moves before they happen at this point. It's usually trying to find Democrats to blame...

@SFVikeFan said:
@A1Janitor said:

hard to believe that those people are making their way from central america on their own.  somebody is feeding them and carrying for them along the way.   if there wasnt an organized support effort there is no way that they could have made that journey with that many people without horrible consequences from crime, starvation, and disease.   If it wasnt Soros who was it?  pretty sure it wasnt Trump.  we saw the videos, those people were traveling with nothing to sustain them.
Ah, the evil George Soros argument again.

Turn off Fox News. Please. It only serves to scare stupid people.

EDIT: You know what, can you just ban me again? I was so much happier before I came to peek in at this retard fight. It's just depressing... Ban me from the whole board. I can live without racists defending a fake billionaire and although I enjoy the Viking reads, I'll be able to survive on PFT and Sunday Ticket.

@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@AGRforever said:
@KingBash said:
@savannahskol said:
@pumpf said:

*sigh*

Explain it then please. I’m obviously to stupid. Non citizens should or shouldnt get a vote in our election and representative process?  Should house seats get to count non citizens?