Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bewitching Hour
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm not positive, but metaphors might not be your thing.
I try to lower the intelligence of the post so E=MC2 like you can comprehend. Get it now, Bugwit?

Quote: @vikingknights said:
@dadevike said:
Rodney King being awake at 3 a.m. is what caused the L.A. riots? 

Not all people are meant to understand.
You keep saying that you are being misunderstood. I think the problem may be that you are being understood just fine.

Are you sure you're a knight? Court jester seems more appropriate. 

Man this thread has a negative vibe.  Does it have to be less or more of players screwing up to meet or exceed our expectations?

IT is that "hold your breath time of year"

But heck, bad decisions can get made year round. Coaches talk about this during bye weeks too.

World is full of enticements. Especially for the young, wealthy and un-curated. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Man this thread has a negative vibe.  Does it have to be less or more of players screwing up to meet or exceed our expectations?
I kinda thought it got negative too. Didn't understand stand why it had to. This is a legitimate concern. Not the young men often make poor choiced but that those choices can impact the team you root for. Suspensions are the real concern. The enjoying someone else being publicly embarrassed is the all to human part sadly. We love to knock them down just as much as we build them up past human. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
Kids. With lots of money and free time. Some with little to no mentors or parental guidance. Bad friend influences. Came from nothing and been told they are amazing since their athletic gifts came. And what? 32 NFL teams? With how many players each right? Over 2000 players easily right now as rosters sit until final cutdown? Odds are somebody is going to fuck up. 

Not making excuses for bad behavior. At all. But its not that surprising if you think about it.....what's surprising is it doesn't happen more often.
Well you did just describe me. I mean less the money and athletic abilities. After I turned 18 I left my parents home and pretty much ignored every lesson they taught me for about 10 years.
The expression youth is wasted on the young sadly makes sense to many only when it's too late.
Every man should admit, to themselves at least. They were a little lucky to have survived their youth. Ok maybe not all but I will. 
Oh hell yeah.  When my kids do something stupid, I often cringe on the inside recalling the much worse things I did and got by with.

At my son's graduation bbq, two of his younger friends felt they needed to measure something and decided to do that by drag racing down the street a block or so away.  Luckily a neighbor spotted them and chucked a ladder out in front of them and then royally chewed their ass.  Of course the idiots then pulled up in front of our house and parked.  So the guy's wife came down to inform us about the situation. 

It was embarrassing, but it was a good learning experience for everyone.  My son lamented that they parked in front of our house.  But the two idiots learned a great lesson (I hope) and my boys got a lecture from me on how their decisions impact other families.  I didn't lecture the two boys, but gently reminded them about lessons learned and that it was over and done with as no-one got hurt.  I commended them for being standup about it and not making excuses.  They took their ass chewing and accepted it.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@BigAl99 said:
I kinda thought it got negative too. Didn't understand stand why it had to. This is a legitimate concern. Not the young men often make poor choiced but that those choices can impact the team you root for. Suspensions are the real concern. The enjoying someone else being publicly embarrassed is the all to human part sadly. We love to knock them down just as much as we build them up past human. 
Funny thing, I thought the thread was going to be about how this dead time was going to be rough for us wanting news.  Turns our the OP was more prophet than he could imagine.  Too much time on our hands and surely someone will act stupid.  Just wasn't a player.

Quote: @greediron said:
@suncoastvike said:
@BigAl99 said:
Funny thing, I thought the thread was going to be about how this dead time was going to be rough for us wanting news.  Turns our the OP was more prophet than he could imagine.  Too much time on our hands and surely someone will act stupid.  Just wasn't a player.
Down time is a board bane.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Are you sure you're a knight? Court jester seems more appropriate. 
Education and Intelligence are two different things.