Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
Does anyone really believe this dead army and king are really gone????

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Does anyone really believe this dead army and king are really gone????
From a writing perspective, they did seem to finally kill them off in my opinion. Perfect closure. I think they tied that off so nicely because they want us to focus our attention on the true Game... The Thrones.

Some funny s hit right here...

https://twitter.com/Ebron85/status/11226...9726390272&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fathletes-react-to-got

I'll add my own "wow".  I think I enjoyed that episode even more than I did watching Endgame.  The ONLY thing that has made this episode frustrating for me... is all the wanna be literary geniuses who are declaring how disappointed they were in the episode.  Apparently only rubes (like me) can enjoy seeing the good guys live and the bad guys die.

By the way, I think KB nailed the writers' (of GoT) point: that this series ISN'T about the battle between the living and they dying.  It is a "game of THRONES": and either you win... or you die.  That's why the Night King is done now: because he wasn't striving to sit on the Iron Throne.  Now the REAL battle will come to its conclusion.

Any guesses?  I thought Jon would kill Dany.  Now I'm wondering if Cersei will be the one to kill Dany... and then Jon will avenge her.  Those predicting that Arya would get the throne have even more reason to believe that... but wouldn't that mean Jon and Sansa dying?  Could the real ending be... that Sansa and Tyrian marry once more... and that the smartest character on the show (and most beloved) would be the one to sit on the throne?  Maybe Tyrian really IS Targaryan (read that prediction somewhere)...?

And what about Jamie? 

He did survive the Battle of Winterfell and his tale is still to be told.

I still believe the name of Baratheon is going to come back into the pix. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
I'll add my own "wow".  I think I enjoyed that episode even more than I did watching Endgame.  The ONLY thing that has made this episode frustrating for me... is all the wanna be literary geniuses who are declaring how disappointed they were in the episode.  Apparently only rubes (like me) can enjoy seeing the good guys live and the bad guys die.

By the way, I think KB nailed the writers' (of GoT) point: that this series ISN'T about the battle between the living and they dying.  It is a "game of THRONES": and either you win... or you die.  That's why the Night King is done now: because he wasn't striving to sit on the Iron Throne.  Now the REAL battle will come to its conclusion.

Any guesses?  I thought Jon would kill Dany.  Now I'm wondering if Cersei will be the one to kill Dany... and then Jon will avenge her.  Those predicting that Arya would get the throne have even more reason to believe that... but wouldn't that mean Jon and Sansa dying?  Could the real ending be... that Sansa and Tyrian marry once more... and that the smartest character on the show (and most beloved) would be the one to sit on the throne?  Maybe Tyrian really IS Targaryan (read that prediction somewhere)...?
I'm going with the Sansa and Tyrian marry again and he takes the Throne. 

I also heard a prediction (that didn't really hold up) that Bran was the Night King. There were a lot of allusions to it last night but obviously the ending kind of blew that up.

Jaime will kill cersei. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Jaime will kill cersei. 
One thing I remind myself of constantly: what we want to happen in this show almost never does...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
And what about Jamie? 

He did survive the Battle of Winterfell and his tale is still to be told.

I still believe the name of Baratheon is going to come back into the pix. 
I would bet that Jamie will be the one to kill his sister. He was betrayed by her, and he knows she is out to kill him.

One thing I have not seen discussed is the fate of the Lady in Red - she took off her neckless and became the old old woman again (we saw her do it once way back when). If you have read about the history of the Night King, he had a wife, a Night Queen - I am wondering if the Lady in Red was actually the Night Kings (ex) wife. I feel their needs to be a reveal as to her real history. I think she was the Queen and for what ever reason she changed hundreds and hundreds of years ago - change of heart, something - maybe she got "Religion" and rejected how her life was about turning the dead into her minions. Just food for thought  - Something is up with her that we don't completely know.

Here is one, what if one of the dragons is really female and is pregnant.  If Jon does die and Daeny takes the thrones it could usher in another age of dragons too.  Seeing as she is still the mother of dragons.  Just a thought my wife and I came up with.  I guess it could work if Jon survives with or without Daeny too.