Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Guy Cousins "Give Away" Didn't See it Coming...
Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@silverjoel said:
I don't really do Twitter, but isn't it just some fans complaining/whining about Cousins' contract?  No true personal attacks, just football related step it up or give back some of the contract?

Now, in a reply to this post there is violence called for against these fans.  Unreal.

In a single football year of Cousins, Zimmer is terrible, a young up and coming OC is terrible, Thielen no longer knows how to run routes, Diggs doesn't know how to run routes, Rudolph needs to be replaced, Cook and Murray are mediocre, the OL is terrible, the Vikings need a 3rd WR (WTF is this?  A 3rd WR?  That's what's being complained about when the same people can't even name other 3rd WRs), the DL isn't good enough, the LBs suck and the DBs need to step it up.  Oh, and now let's turn on other Vikings fans for making comments about the cost and lack of success of the QB.  

All because of a single player.  Go Cousins, I'm sorry this terrible team let you down.  The next 2 years sure do look bright!
So the guy offers up something nice and you think its fine to take the oportunity to shit all over it and complain about his contract, his play, etc.  I don’t, but we live a world full of assholes now I guess.

Truer words. But I think we always have. It's just that for the first time modern technology is showing us just how many there really are. 

The article bothers me. It feigns disgust with Twitter users; it compliments one of the comments as "good advice." It refuses to lay into shit talkers on twitter after setting the table for what they did - it establishes Kirk's giveaway like, "hold his beer and keep reading..."

It doesn't do much of a job laying into the assholes on Twitter. I don't think that was the point. I think the author ate this shit up and simply used assholes on twitter as a hook...

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@silverjoel said:
I don't really do Twitter, but isn't it just some fans complaining/whining about Cousins' contract?  No true personal attacks, just football related step it up or give back some of the contract?

Now, in a reply to this post there is violence called for against these fans.  Unreal.

In a single football year of Cousins, Zimmer is terrible, a young up and coming OC is terrible, Thielen no longer knows how to run routes, Diggs doesn't know how to run routes, Rudolph needs to be replaced, Cook and Murray are mediocre, the OL is terrible, the Vikings need a 3rd WR (WTF is this?  A 3rd WR?  That's what's being complained about when the same people can't even name other 3rd WRs), the DL isn't good enough, the LBs suck and the DBs need to step it up.  Oh, and now let's turn on other Vikings fans for making comments about the cost and lack of success of the QB.  

All because of a single player.  Go Cousins, I'm sorry this terrible team let you down.  The next 2 years sure do look bright!
So the guy offers up something nice and you think its fine to take the oportunity to shit all over it and complain about his contract, his play, etc.  I don’t, but we live a world full of assholes now I guess.

This other stuff you posted here... you obviously think everything wrong with the Vikings is Cousins.  I don’t believe its quite that simple.

Do I think it's fine to criticize?  Sure, why not.  Again, as far as I know there were no personal attacks or anything vulgar.  It's not like there were Ponder level death threats.  Do you think it's "fine" to endorse violence against fans that criticize?  If Treadwell did the same thing would your "fuck Treadwell" comments change?  Is it "fine" when fans trash other parts of the team?  Why do those "fans" that trash the other parts of the team in support of Cousins get a pass?

Do I think Cousins is "everything wrong" on the Vikings?  Nope.  But we can't have any discussion on here that's not an extreme take.  So, if it goes to the it's all Cousins fault conversation or the the team is bad conversation, I'll side with the team every time.  Even if Zimmer and the Vikings are "mediocre" as you put it.
You don't get the idea context do you?