Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Guy Cousins "Give Away" Didn't See it Coming...
Fans are so mean, but it's frikkin funny too.   Click the link so see the tweets; it's worth it. B)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-tries-to-hold-a-giveaway-for-vikings-fans-on-twitter-and-it-turns-into-a-disaster/

There's a good chance that Kirk Cousins
is never going to hold another giveaway on Twitter ever again after
what happened during the Vikings quarterback's most recent attempt. 
At
some point this week, Cousins decided he wanted to give something away
to a lucky fan and since he's a nice guy, he asked fans for their input
on what the giveaway should be. That's when things went off the rails. 
First, here's the tweet that Cousins sent out. 

After Cousins sent out his tweet, one very smart person on Twitter predicted that chaos would ensue.  

That prediction ended up being correct. 
Although the
signed jersey was winning Cousins' poll, it's actually kind of
surprising that "other" wasn't winning and that's because Vikings
fans had a few other ideas about what Cousins should give away. For the
most part, it seems that Vikings fans want him to give himself away. 

With that in mind, let's check out the things that fans want him to give away. 

The next guy doesn't want Cousins to give away anything, he just wants him to produce some first downs. 

That's not bad advice. 
Let's move on. 

Basically, it seems like there are still a few Vikings fans
out there who aren't too happy about the fact that their team gave
Cousins a fully-guaranteed, three-year deal worth $84 million.
The moral of the story here is that if you're ever going to give
anything away on Twitter, you should just give it away and totally skip
the part where you ask the fans what they want you to give away. 

Yep, those "fans" are d*cks.  But I'm sure they are all very proud of themselves for proving to their delinquent buddies how "cool" they are.

Quote: @pumpf said:
Yep, those "fans" are d*cks.  But I'm sure they are all very proud of themselves for proving to their delinquent buddies how "cool" they are.
Agreed, pumpf.  $84 million he stole "from the CITY"?  What a knob.

But why athletes use Twitter to communicate with these people is beyond me.

Yeah it was on Instagram too and it was absolutely brutal. I am not surprised. Some people suck.

i wouldnt mind if Philly fans threw beer cans at these dipshits heads....

I don't really do Twitter, but isn't it just some fans complaining/whining about Cousins' contract?  No true personal attacks, just football related step it up or give back some of the contract?

Now, in a reply to this post there is violence called for against these fans.  Unreal.

In a single football year of Cousins, Zimmer is terrible, a young up and coming OC is terrible, Thielen no longer knows how to run routes, Diggs doesn't know how to run routes, Rudolph needs to be replaced, Cook and Murray are mediocre, the OL is terrible, the Vikings need a 3rd WR (WTF is this?  A 3rd WR?  That's what's being complained about when the same people can't even name other 3rd WRs), the DL isn't good enough, the LBs suck and the DBs need to step it up.  Oh, and now let's turn on other Vikings fans for making comments about the cost and lack of success of the QB.  

All because of a single player.  Go Cousins, I'm sorry this terrible team let you down.  The next 2 years sure do look bright!

I was thinking he needs to do the jersey give away.  Mainly because nobody is buying them.  B)

Quote: @silverjoel said:
I don't really do Twitter, but isn't it just some fans complaining/whining about Cousins' contract?  No true personal attacks, just football related step it up or give back some of the contract?

Now, in a reply to this post there is violence called for against these fans.  Unreal.

In a single football year of Cousins, Zimmer is terrible, a young up and coming OC is terrible, Thielen no longer knows how to run routes, Diggs doesn't know how to run routes, Rudolph needs to be replaced, Cook and Murray are mediocre, the OL is terrible, the Vikings need a 3rd WR (WTF is this?  A 3rd WR?  That's what's being complained about when the same people can't even name other 3rd WRs), the DL isn't good enough, the LBs suck and the DBs need to step it up.  Oh, and now let's turn on other Vikings fans for making comments about the cost and lack of success of the QB.  

All because of a single player.  Go Cousins, I'm sorry this terrible team let you down.  The next 2 years sure do look bright!
So the guy offers up something nice and you think its fine to take the oportunity to shit all over it and complain about his contract, his play, etc.  I don’t, but we live a world full of assholes now I guess.

This other stuff you posted here... you obviously think everything wrong with the Vikings is Cousins.  I don’t believe its quite that simple.

"Fans"

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@silverjoel said:

So the guy offers up something nice and you think its fine to take the oportunity to shit all over it and complain about his contract, his play, etc.  I don’t, but we live a world full of assholes now I guess.

This other stuff you posted here... you obviously think everything wrong with the Vikings is Cousins.  I don’t believe its quite that simple.

Do I think it's fine to criticize?  Sure, why not.  Again, as far as I know there were no personal attacks or anything vulgar.  It's not like there were Ponder level death threats.  Do you think it's "fine" to endorse violence against fans that criticize?  If Treadwell did the same thing would your "fuck Treadwell" comments change?  Is it "fine" when fans trash other parts of the team?  Why do those "fans" that trash the other parts of the team in support of Cousins get a pass?

Do I think Cousins is "everything wrong" on the Vikings?  Nope.  But we can't have any discussion on here that's not an extreme take.  So, if it goes to the it's all Cousins fault conversation or the the team is bad conversation, I'll side with the team every time.  Even if Zimmer and the Vikings are "mediocre" as you put it.