Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exclamation point or re-writing the 2018 narrative?
Quote: @holmanjp said:
@Maple Surple said:
@pumpf said:
@HappyViking said:
A true contender goes 4-0.  I have my doubts, but maybe 2-2.  Our offense just seems to be plodding, boring, and more predictable as the season goes on.
I think the reason that it's boring is because it's not working.  I tend to think that JDF has been trying to be extra-special exotic on offense, in order to get some HC attention in the off-season.  Problem?  We're not executing those plays.  But if we ran "simpler" plays (like running the ball off tackle) we'd be more effective, which- in turn- is more exciting.  If all of JDF's plays worked as drawn up, they'd be super-exciting.  But they're not working...

I guess its a sign your organization is well established when your O is in the top 10 in passing in the League and fans are bored & asking for simple plays ?  Wink
Total passing yards is a terrible way to determine being called top ten.

No, other way around, I pointed out the Vikings are in the top 10 in passing, which thry are

& I did because the above posts made me think we couldnt move the ball & were in last place

Yes we have problems, do every year & you know what ?
So does every team. Maybe, maybe being undefeated would be great, but this is the time of year you want to go on a winning run, which is totally doable

I think it's an exclamation point either way. Either it's a whole lot of happy or a whole lot of swear words. 

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
@holmanjp said:
@Maple Surple said:
@pumpf said:
@HappyViking said:
A true contender goes 4-0.  I have my doubts, but maybe 2-2.  Our offense just seems to be plodding, boring, and more predictable as the season goes on.
I think the reason that it's boring is because it's not working.  I tend to think that JDF has been trying to be extra-special exotic on offense, in order to get some HC attention in the off-season.  Problem?  We're not executing those plays.  But if we ran "simpler" plays (like running the ball off tackle) we'd be more effective, which- in turn- is more exciting.  If all of JDF's plays worked as drawn up, they'd be super-exciting.  But they're not working...

I guess its a sign your organization is well established when your O is in the top 10 in passing in the League and fans are bored & asking for simple plays ?  Wink
Total passing yards is a terrible way to determine being called top ten.

No, other way around, I pointed out the Vikings are in the top 10 in passing, which thry are

& I did because the above posts made me think we couldnt move the ball & were in last place

Yes we have problems, do every year & you know what ?
So does every team. Maybe, maybe being undefeated would be great, but this is the time of year you want to go on a winning run, which is totally doable

I pointed out passing yards is a terrible way to determine they are top 10, it's because of attempts. Nothing more.

Stafford is on his way to his 8th 4,000 plus passing season.
.457 win % 

Some QB's are just destine to pick up more garbage time yards than others.
When you play from behind a lot it is easy to get 4th quarter yards.
Kirk 8 TD's in 4th quarter, more than any other quarter. 

Bears game as a recent example.
175 (67%) of his 262 yards and 100% of his TD's in final 5 minutes of the game, when it didn't matter to Chicago.

30th game winning drives, with 0
20th 4th quarter come backs, with 1 in 12 games

I see this thing going one of two ways. We find a way to make the playoffs and become that team that nobody wants to play (the team that everyone knows is better than its record). Or we don't and there is hell to pay. Media and fans will want heads and jobs will be on the line.

This Seattle game is fixin' to be the game of the season, and I don't like it one bit. Always a tough out at home and they're playing good football right now. 

This week and the last will probably be the closest we have to signature wins if we prevail. Run the table and we could be a force in the post season. This is championship time. At 10-5-1 we would be in the conversation. Roll now and all's forgiven.
SKOL!!!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I see this thing going one of two ways. We find a way to make the playoffs and become that team that nobody wants to play (the team that everyone knows is better than its record). Or we don't and there is hell to pay. Media and fans will want heads and jobs will be on the line.

This Seattle game is fixin' to be the game of the season, and I don't like it one bit. Always a tough out at home and they're playing good football right now. 

Yeah, I really want to see the 4-game streak to end the season, win another division crown, and be a tough #3 seed. But it starts with a win Monday in Seattle.
If we lose Monday, why maintain much excitement? We will be 6-6-1. Sure, we could still win as many as 9 games and be a wildcard, but do you want to be ending the season with Chicago here resting their starters because they have nothing to play for?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yeah, I really want to see the 4-game streak to end the season, win another division crown, and be a tough #3 seed. But it starts with a win Monday in Seattle.
If we lose Monday, why maintain much excitement? We will be 6-6-1. Sure, we could still win as many as 9 games and be a wildcard, but do you want to be ending the season with Chicago here resting their starters because they have nothing to play for?
I just want to make the playoffs. That's when everything changes. I honestly couldn't care less how it happens. 

I think this team has shown us what it is - a .500 team after 3/4 of a season.   And .500 teams don't really go anywhere in the postseason on the rare occasions they get there.    I'm not smoking the hopium on this squad.

Winning's more fun than losing but I still enjoy Viking football for what it is.   Some years just aren't your year, as they say.

@Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:

I just want to make the playoffs. That's when everything changes. I honestly couldn't care less how it happens. 
I think people lose sight of what making the playoff really means. It means you get at least one more game to cheer on the team. Then if they win you get another. If not...anyhow 17 games is still better then 16.

I'd feel real good about the game if it was here...There? Not so much. 

I think the Seahawks are the team sneaking into the playoffs that nobody will want to play. The Vikings? they have to prove to me they have the horses and fortitude to do that this year. They have not done that to-date. 0'fer against winning teams.