Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone just shake your head over Bailey's misses?
I have a lot of trust and confidence in Bailey.  His misses were not bad misses.  That stuff happens.  I think he has just a small adjustment on the one he missed to the right, but the one off the uprights, that wasn't a bad kick.  He did what he needed to with the 52 yarder to secure the game.  He will be fine, IMO.

One thing that has puzzled me about Zimmer is his retention of several assistants from previous regimes here: George Stewart, Jeff Davidson, and Mike Priefer. A new coach brings new assistants unless he either truly believes current staff members are far better than the men who hired them (Brad Childress and Leslie Frazier), or if they coach part of the team the HC doesn't know or care about.

Two are now gone after proving they belonged with Childress and Frazier. How much longer for Priefer?

The laces should be removed from the ball to increase scoring in the NFL!  Everything should be done to help the kickers.

I think nerves from being on a new team and a little rust. Also the field wasn't very good there yesterday, saw a number of odd slips. Priefer wouldn't be the guy walking kickers through actual routine methinks but more schematic-related for coverages, lineups, etc. 

Probably time to admit something truly bizarre thats been happening around the League this year: there are more bona fide Franchise QBs than reliable Kickers.

I'm starting to wonder if Brady was the only one doctoring balls. He might have been the only QB doing it (speculation), but perhaps his actions accidentally shined a light on the situation and the real story was that nearly every kicker was messing with the game balls?

Quote: @Max said:
I'm starting to wonder if Brady was the only one doctoring balls. He might have been the only QB doing it (speculation), but perhaps his actions accidentally shined a light on the situation and the real story was that nearly every kicker was messing with the game balls?
they used to do that,  they would do all sorts of shit to the balls they used to kick,  microwave was one of my favorites that I heard,  but about 10 years ago or so the league went to the special "K" balls and the kickers are not allowed to doctor those.   Its funny that the league took them away from the kickers but it took a scandal to take them out of the QBs kitchens.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Max said:
they used to do that,  they would do all sorts of shit to the balls they used to kick,  microwave was one of my favorites that I heard,  but about 10 years ago or so the league went to the special "K" balls and the kickers are not allowed to doctor those.   Its funny that the league took them away from the kickers but it took a scandal to take them out of the QBs kitchens.
Yeah, I remember that change. However, the QBs were not SUPPOSED to have access to the balls. That was the big scandal; Brady basically paid off some ball boys to get access. My guess is that something similar was happening with the kicking balls.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
again I ask,  how is Preifer/Zim not getting called into question on these kicking woes?  its not just the place kickers,  our punters is a shankapotumus as well.
I've wanted Preifer gone for years. It seems like every season we have a loss that can be laid at the ST's feet.

Ya got 3 phases to a game over the the course of a year any one of those can cost ya a game---should we throw out the defense after every loss or the the offense.   See it's easy to call out one aspect---doesn't make it correct though.