Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone just shake your head over Bailey's misses?
I mean, really? He's been super money his whole career and misses 2 yesterday. I guess I'd laugh but its not funny. At all. Sigh.

But he nailed a big one near the end. You start to feel cursed here if you are Mike Zimmer. 

again I ask,  how is Preifer/Zim not getting called into question on these kicking woes?  its not just the place kickers,  our punters is a shankapotumus as well.

He struggled some last year as well. He hit the one we really needed. That was more then the last guy did.

Lots of misses and ugly kicking around the NFL this season...  I mean, Mason Crosby missed 4 FGs and an XP yesterday....  the Browns kicker missed a bunch of kicks and was cut....  The replacement knuckle balled in the game winner today...  Chris Boswell has been missing kicks for the Steelers...  List goes on and on.

Just a weird year for kicking...  I'm hoping Bailey is just a little rusty having sat out for awhile.  He bounced back and made a couple kicks after the early misses.  I couldn't watch the 50+ yarder at the end...  Closed my eyes.  Lol

I am like a little kid watching a horror movie when it comes to watching the kicks. I am either peeking through my hands over my eyes or looking away. I am hoping it's residual impact from his injury and he will settle down. I am glad he was able to come back and get the job done.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Lots of misses and ugly kicking around the NFL this season...  I mean, Mason Crosby missed 4 FGs and an XP yesterday....  the Browns kicker missed a bunch of kicks and was cut....  The replacement knuckle balled in the game winner today...  Chris Boswell has been missing kicks for the Steelers...  List goes on and on.

Just a weird year for kicking...  I'm hoping Bailey is just a little rusty having sat out for awhile.  He bounced back and made a couple kicks after the early misses.  I couldn't watch the 50+ yarder at the end...  Closed my eyes.  Lol
The Browns new kicker, a kid named Greg Joseph, went to FAU down here in Boca Raton, FL where I live. I was at a sports bar for the 1st half of the early games and right next to us at a table were Joseph's Uncle-Aunt-Grandparents. Nice people but it got very quiet when he shanked the extra point. Glad to see he knuckled one over for the win.

Laces out

I’m not worried about a guy missing kicks or having a bad
game.  I’m worried about a guy who doesn’t
have the mental fortitude to be a kicker in the NFL.

I don’t think Priefer is good with kickers, but I don’t
think Priefer has had enough time to screw up Bailey yet.  I’m chalking this up to a fluke game.  That said, I do think we need to make some
coaching changes this offseason, maybe not getting rid of Priefer entirely, but
getting an assistant coach that works with the kickers.

In the short term, I’d really focus on the fundamentals with
the handful of guys in the punt return role. 
Hughes isn’t the guy right now, and I’m not sure it makes sense to
divide his attention away from his CB responsibilities.  More than anything we just need a guy who can
make the right decision and not screw anything up back there.  I’d consider any positive yardage a bonus at
this point.

Kickers are like closers in baseball.  Even the best hang an occasional slider with runners on.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
again I ask,  how is Preifer/Zim not getting called into question on these kicking woes?  its not just the place kickers,  our punters is a shankapotumus as well.
Neither Zim or Preifer have had enough time to screw up a veteran kicker. Since Zim doesnt think kickers are football players Id say he probably doesnt say much one way or another.