Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings waive WR Stacy Coley, sign K Dan Bailey
Would have rather seen Treadwell ird

Quote: @greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
per the team website. Yikes, I guess they are done with the Coley experience. 
I didn't see that coming.
Hmmm, wonder if anyone did...? 
Actually, that was my guess yesterday...gotta claim it when I guess right, because it is rare:  https://vikefans.com/vfforums/post/quote...ment_50881

Coley didn't do anything in preseason. I know, hurt some of the time, but there was no buzz about him. They put him in late on Sunday even though he wasn't ready, maybe one shot to show if he had more in games than in practice. But Coley earned a reputation for being unmotivated at Miami, which is the reason he slid to round 7 - so it's not that surprising he didn't improve from his rookie year.

Robinson doesn't thrill me but apparently Cousins liked him, so it's worth a shot. 

preseason injuries didnt help im sure.  But im happy to see Zylstra is still there.  

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
per the team website. Yikes, I guess they are done with the Coley experience. 
I didn't see that coming.
Hmmm, wonder if anyone did...? 
Actually, that was my guess yesterday...gotta claim it when I guess right, because it is rare:  https://vikefans.com/vfforums/post/quote...ment_50881

Coley didn't do anything in preseason. I know, hurt some of the time, but there was no buzz about him. They put him in late on Sunday even though he wasn't ready, maybe one shot to show if he had more in games than in practice. But Coley earned a reputation for being unmotivated at Miami, which is the reason he slid to round 7 - so it's not that surprising he didn't improve from his rookie year.

Robinson doesn't thrill me but apparently Cousins liked him, so it's worth a shot. 
I remember that from the draft and think I even submitted that as a question for Spielman when he did his post draft interview here. 

I didn't call him being cut specifically yesterday, but noted that the Robinson signing coupled with the depth WR struggles pointed to unhappiness with Coley.

Zimmer is not playing.  Coley let one go right through his hands.  You have to make the most of your playing time when your number gets called, and he failed to make an impression

Quote: @snakethejake83 said:
Zimmer is not playing.  Coley let one go right through his hands.  You have to make the most of your playing time when your number gets called, and he failed to make an impression
Unless your name is Laquon Treadwell, then apparently you can do no wrong.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
preseason injuries didnt help im sure.  But im happy to see Zylstra is still there.  
Zylstra might get some real playing time as soon as this Sunday.  I don't think letting Coley go changes how the Vikes feel right now about Treadwell.  It'd be another great story if Zylstra gets a real shot at #3 and plays well.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Too many comparisons to Thielen, but honestly, I remember when Thielen got his break.  As that season wore on, it seemed like anytime he got his hand on the ball, he made something happen.  Zylstra...you're on deck.