Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Pressure Mike...
It's fitting that charles schultz was from Minny

It's an annual fall tradition to have re-newed expectations regardless of the previous 50+ years of dashed dreams.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@Neptizzle said:
so this year is this “just to left” going to be in the super bowl? or do we actually get to be champs? i think we look amazing on paper, but we look so good im even more scared to get my hopes up.
It's funny, I'm not even entertaining the "all or nothing" mentality this year. Maybe it's age, but I'm just happy to be able to at least see 16 Sundays of fun coming up. It'd be nice to have a fun January too but I'm not worried really.
That's a healthy way to approach it.
I hope we play well and win. We haven't had back to back playoff appearances since 2008-09. That's also the last time we took the division 2x straight. These are kinda important to me this year considering what they put into this team. I can't help it but it's important to me is we are in contention in December. That is minium of my expectations. Too many years the season was all but over by Halloween. Those years I kinda thought it would be going in though. I have bigger expectations this year then most. I will survive whatever the outcome.
September for show, December for dough...Stay healthy, get hot at the right time. Sounds so cliche and its so true.

The only thing I can add to these old adages is that we have so many (what look to be important) regular season games against quality opponents. They're all like play off games with post-season seeding @ risk. 

Only in the NFL with so few games do they count so much. 

Quote: @Akvike said:

It's an annual fall tradition to have re-newed expectations regardless of the previous 50+ years of dashed dreams.
Yep, here we are again...

What's that definition of insanity again lol!

But hell, gotta enjoy the anticipation and be thankful we have an ownership group doing their part to bring a trophy to the team.

That said, my signature stays the same till the team makes me change it.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@Neptizzle said:
so this year is this “just to left” going to be in the super bowl? or do we actually get to be champs? i think we look amazing on paper, but we look so good im even more scared to get my hopes up.
It's funny, I'm not even entertaining the "all or nothing" mentality this year. Maybe it's age, but I'm just happy to be able to at least see 16 Sundays of fun coming up. It'd be nice to have a fun January too but I'm not worried really.
Same. It's just fun being good. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@KingBash said:
@Neptizzle said:
There's a saying. "Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good." I'm convinced in oder to win it all you need both. We been plenty lucky alright. Only problem is luck comes in two varieties.

Quote: @Akvike said:

I always wondered how many people walked by those peanuts statues west of the dome on their way to Vikings games and never saw the irony ...  now I wonder what happened to those statues when the strib was demolished.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@KingBash said:
@Neptizzle said:
There's a saying. "Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good." I'm convinced in oder to win it all you need both. We been plenty lucky alright. Only problem is luck comes in two varieties.
I was reading this and before I got to the last sentence, I was like wait what? But yes we need some good luck too. Rankings are nice but don't get complacent and don't believe the hype. Back it up on the field then we are in business.