Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Pressure Mike...

1. 1. Minnesota Vikings

Well, this is it. The end of the line. Bleacher Report's No. 1 team as we begin this NFL season.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that it's the Minnesota Vikings.
    More so than any team in the league, the Vikings don't have a weakness for opponents to exploit. Kirk Cousins is an accomplished veteran quarterback. The talent at running back, wide receiver and tight end is as good in totality as anyone's.
    Defensively, the Vikings possess arguably the most loaded front four in the league—Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Sheldon Richardson and Danielle Hunter. Only Hunter hasn't already been named a Pro Bowler, and his future inclusion is inevitable.
    The linebackers and defensive backs are nothing to sneeze at either.
    Toss in one of the most underrated head coaches in the NFL in Mike Zimmer, and you have all the ingredients for a juggernaut.
    The Vikings came one game from the Super Bowl last year without Cousins. And Richardson. And Dalvin Cook.
    It's fixing to be quite the season in the Twin Cities.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial#slide32

Should we quit while we're ahead?  #1 at the end of the season is much more preferable. I can't wait for Sunday. See what we really got going on. On paper we are always champs.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Should we quit while we're ahead?  #1 at the end of the season is much more preferable. I can't wait for Sunday. See what we really got going on. On paper we are always champs.
Going to take time to jell, especially Offense. 

Like every year, hope the football gods smile on em and keep the smite in the back-pockets. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@suncoastvike said:
Going to take time to jell, especially Offense. 

Like every year, hope the football gods smile on em and keep the smite in the back-pockets. 
I agree. I'm going to be patient. Like every year I hope the smite doesn't hit us fans.
 Wink 

so this year is this “just to left” going to be in the super bowl? or do we actually get to be champs? i think we look amazing on paper, but we look so good im even more scared to get my hopes up.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
so this year is this “just to left” going to be in the super bowl? or do we actually get to be champs? i think we look amazing on paper, but we look so good im even more scared to get my hopes up.
It's funny, I'm not even entertaining the "all or nothing" mentality this year. Maybe it's age, but I'm just happy to be able to at least see 16 Sundays of fun coming up. It'd be nice to have a fun January too but I'm not worried really.

I'm just looking for a good season.  Like KB said "maybe it's age" or maybe it's a lifetime of disappointments, but I don't go into season's with an all or nothing attitude anymore.

OMG we're offseason champs again?!   Awesome!   

Quote: @KingBash said:
@Neptizzle said:
It's funny, I'm not even entertaining the "all or nothing" mentality this year. Maybe it's age, but I'm just happy to be able to at least see 16 Sundays of fun coming up. It'd be nice to have a fun January too but I'm not worried really.
That's a healthy way to approach it.
I hope we play well and win. We haven't had back to back playoff appearances since 2008-09. That's also the last time we took the division 2x straight. These are kinda important to me this year considering what they put into this team. I can't help it but it's important to me is we are in contention in December. That is minium of my expectations. Too many years the season was all but over by Halloween. Those years I kinda thought it would be going in though. I have bigger expectations this year then most. I will survive whatever the outcome.

wonder how many times the preseason favorite finishes #1