Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, didn't this NFL offseason go quickly?
Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:

@JimmyinSD said:
trying to take care of 2 farms coupled with a crazy long winter (still getting blizzards every week in late april) and having a full time job on the side has made this whole year just blow by.  its seems like just a couple weeks ago I was running to the basement to get the dry wall patch after the saints game and now we are only a few weeks away from the first pre season game.  summer is half over and neither of my boats have seen the water.

Long winter and spring for sure.  I FINALLY got a line in the water on Tuesday evening.  I really didn't care if I caught anything as I just wanted to get out on the water. 
Everything in nature seems to be off kilter.  There was hardly any hatching of bugs this spring and every thing that grows seems to have taken a while to start.  Now everyone is saying that the gardens are rolling in due to all the heat and rain in July.
well there hasnt been a shortage of bugs in our area.  we actually had skeeters in may while we still had snow around...fuckers.  we had been really dry though,  .6 inches in May, a little less than 2 inches in June and crazy high heat and wind,  but we have been picking up better rain the last couple weeks so things are looking great around here and even better east of me a little ways....they used to say knee high by the 4th of July for field corn... well screw that this year,  the shit that got in early is 6' tall, tassled out, and making ears right now down in the valley below me.  about 3 weeks behind that around me.

Yeah, I remember on hot and muggy nights they would say you could almost hear the corn grow. Smile
i remember when i was about 17 i heard that one calm miserable day so I grabbed about 4 beers out of the shop fridge and went and walked about 20 rows in and sat on a pail for about 20 minutes,  i aint so sure what i was hearing wasnt the damn stuff growing.  or it was my head popping off about drinking schmidt light beer.

Nope.

Time in general seems to be sped up in...it's like we blinked and went from the draft to days before the rookies show up and are carting stuff to their respective dorm rooms...checking into their hotel rooms?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Time in general seems to be sped up in...it's like we blinked and went from the draft to days before the rookies show up and are carting stuff to their respective dorm rooms...checking into their hotel rooms?
Yup, Dave with Motel 6 will be leaving the lights on for em...

[Image: 37020719_10156428567252836_4554783289507...e=5BCD5092]

[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
[Image: tenor.gif]
One of my greatest moments @ a Viking game. Only thing that would have made it sweeter is if it was a walk-off TD during a CG or SB. 

They damn well better sign that mofo...

I think his best years are ahead of him.