Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, didn't this NFL offseason go quickly?
One of the quickest I can remember....training camp only a few weeks away. I'm ready and looking forward to another fun regular season. Team is primed and talented. Always have to sweat out the potential for injuries, but that's part of it for every NFL team. Can't control it. One last vacation with friends to Tahoe in a few weeks, my Mom's 80th birthday celebration up in Michigan and boom, the NFL will be here. Also have to work in a visit to Denver to see my son and his girlfriend's new Samoyed puppy. OMG, its so cute.

I'm getting stoked! 

[Image: usa_today_9781577.0.jpg]

S hit - rooks report a week from Tuesday...It's crazy.

Honestly, I hope the players took some quality time to get away from the grind. 

I will miss the chance to go to Mankato again. I didnt make it every year, but it was a nice option if my schedule permitted. 

trying to take care of 2 farms coupled with a crazy long winter (still getting blizzards every week in late april) and having a full time job on the side has made this whole year just blow by.  its seems like just a couple weeks ago I was running to the basement to get the dry wall patch after the saints game and now we are only a few weeks away from the first pre season game.  summer is half over and neither of my boats have seen the water.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
trying to take care of 2 farms coupled with a crazy long winter (still getting blizzards every week in late april) and having a full time job on the side has made this whole year just blow by.  its seems like just a couple weeks ago I was running to the basement to get the dry wall patch after the saints game and now we are only a few weeks away from the first pre season game.  summer is half over and neither of my boats have seen the water.
You've gotta buy one of those "Viking bricks" (purple / made of foam rubber) they used to sell in the '80's.
Marketed for throwing at the TV.
[Image: Sports-VikingsFoamBrick-all.jpg]

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
You've gotta buy one of those "Viking bricks" (purple / made of foam rubber) they used to sell in the '80's.

i had a few,  i ended up tearing them in half during the mid 2000s.

It has been a crazy year. Helping my son, flipping houses, writing, embracing the new job and developing my photography have kept me very busy. Oh yeah, and the bar exam. I have learned so much about myself and what I am made of. The best is yet to come. I am super excited for training camp. I am going to TCO on Saturday. 

Long winter and spring for sure.  I FINALLY got a line in the water on Tuesday evening.  I really didn't care if I caught anything as I just wanted to get out on the water. 
Everything in nature seems to be off kilter.  There was hardly any hatching of bugs this spring and every thing that grows seems to have taken a while to start.  Now everyone is saying that the gardens are rolling in due to all the heat and rain in July.

@Vanguard83 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

i had a few,  i ended up tearing them in half during the mid 2000s.
How many other still have one?  I do and I don't even remember where or how I got it. Did they sell them or a give away?
I never threw stuff like that away. It held up better then my 87 & 91 Homer Hankies. They are totally yellowed. Got the 87 Wheaties box still too. With decomposed Wheaties still in it.   

Quote: @ThunderGod said:

@JimmyinSD said:

Long winter and spring for sure.  I FINALLY got a line in the water on Tuesday evening.  I really didn't care if I caught anything as I just wanted to get out on the water. 
Everything in nature seems to be off kilter.  There was hardly any hatching of bugs this spring and every thing that grows seems to have taken a while to start.  Now everyone is saying that the gardens are rolling in due to all the heat and rain in July.
well there hasnt been a shortage of bugs in our area.  we actually had skeeters in may while we still had snow around...fuckers.  we had been really dry though,  .6 inches in May, a little less than 2 inches in June and crazy high heat and wind,  but we have been picking up better rain the last couple weeks so things are looking great around here and even better east of me a little ways....they used to say knee high by the 4th of July for field corn... well screw that this year,  the shit that got in early is 6' tall, tassled out, and making ears right now down in the valley below me.  about 3 weeks behind that around me.

@ThunderGod said:

@JimmyinSD said:

well there hasnt been a shortage of bugs in our area.  we actually had skeeters in may while we still had snow around...fuckers.  we had been really dry though,  .6 inches in May, a little less than 2 inches in June and crazy high heat and wind,  but we have been picking up better rain the last couple weeks so things are looking great around here and even better east of me a little ways....they used to say knee high by the 4th of July for field corn... well screw that this year,  the shit that got in early is 6' tall, tassled out, and making ears right now down in the valley below me.  about 3 weeks behind that around me.

Yeah, I remember on hot and muggy nights they would say you could almost hear the corn grow. Smile