Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpEd: It’s time for Kirk Cousins to change his tune
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Editor: "Hey Judd, you got your requisite Vikings article written"?

Zulgad: "No, not yet....writers block"

Editor: "Well make some shit up...we've got a deadline"

Zulgad: OK.
I can honestly say that I stopped reading (and listening to) Zulgad years ago.  I REALLY wanted to see ESPN1500 succeed as an alternative to KFAN.  But, alas, they are just more of the same (i.e. garbage).

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Vanguard83 said:

I can honestly say that I stopped reading (and listening to) Zulgad years ago.  I REALLY wanted to see ESPN1500 succeed as an alternative to KFAN.  But, alas, they are just more of the same (i.e. garbage).
same here,  zulgad is horrible and really was a bad move for espn1500.  I know that there are likely limited resources in the minny market for the spot,  but they would have likely been better off if they had brought in somebody from the outside all together.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@pumpf said:
@Vanguard83 said:

same here,  zulgad is horrible and really was a bad move for espn1500.  I know that there are likely limited resources in the minny market for the spot,  but they would have likely been better off if they had brought in somebody from the outside all together.
The problem with 1500 is that they hired the same hack writers that people had been reading for decades. They missed the boat by trying to be the new sports radio station, except they weren't anything new. Everyone knew exactly what they were going to get so what was the point? 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@pumpf said:
@Vanguard83 said:

The problem with 1500 is that they hired the same hack writers that people had been reading for decades. They missed the boat by trying to be the new sports radio station, except they weren't anything new. Everyone knew exactly what they were going to get so what was the point? 

honestly, i think that is why I never really gave them a shot.  I listened a bit at different times when they first got going,  but then just quit and havent really gone back to them.  I used to have them or KFan on all the time in the office,  but not any more.  KFans bits are stale and espn is .....well espn.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@pumpf said:
@Vanguard83 said:

... Like Tom!