Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpEd: It’s time for Kirk Cousins to change his tune
Kirk Cousins embraces those who doubt him. He loves the underdog role. Whether you’re an NFL executive, coach or a fan, if you think Cousins can’t do it, he wants to hear about it.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...ange-tune/

Editor: "Hey Judd, you got your requisite Vikings article written"?

Zulgad: "No, not yet....writers block"

Editor: "Well make some shit up...we've got a deadline"

Zulgad: OK.

You can do it!!!

No Judd, it’s time for you to change your tune!  :p 

Nobody has seen him play in purple. What is their to complain about?

"Hey man I bet that crappy van you keep driving is a reflection of how you get after it on the field, huh-huh-huh."

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Have you met the TC sports media?  They were complaining from both sides of their word processors before Cousins was signed. If the Vikings got him they'd be overpaying, but if they didn't it would be an embarrassing FA failure. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
Have you met the TC sports media?  They were complaining from both sides of their word processors before Cousins was signed. If the Vikings got him they'd be overpaying, but if they didn't it would be an embarrassing FA failure. 

I saw a similar situation play out here in Packerland...  a couple of my Packer lovin' buddies were nervous we'd sign Cousins prior to the start of FA.  They absolutely did NOT want to see us get a good QB.  Then after we signed him, their tune changed and they started ripping on him saying he was going to be a bust, he's not that good, etc.
I just had to laugh and shake my head...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@RS Express said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

I saw a similar situation play out here in Packerland...  a couple of my Packer lovin' buddies were nervous we'd sign Cousins prior to the start of FA.  They absolutely did NOT want to see us get a good QB.  Then after we signed him, their tune changed and they started ripping on him saying he was going to be a bust, he's not that good, etc.
I think the Vikings widened the talent gap between themselves and the Packers this offseason. Plus we get Dalvin back on top of it. 

F them...I can't wait till Rogers starts to slide in talent or retires. 30 years of HOF QB'ing is enough. Time to return to the 70's and 80's for the cheese. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
@RS Express said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

I think the Vikings widened the talent gap between themselves and the Packers this offseason. Plus we get Dalvin back on top of it. 

F them...I can't wait till Rogers starts to slide in talent or retires. 30 years of HOF QB'ing is enough. Time to return to the 70's and 80's for the cheese. 

its already happening,   3-4 years ago do you think Barr gets that shot on Rogers?  He used to be so good at holding the ball until the last minute and then as he released the ball he would roll just enough that if they hit him it was more of a glancing blow and he would throw his arms up in a big tantrum as he was falling to make it look late and way worse than it was... the few years he is starting to take bigger shots and is throwing the ball up a bit more IMO.  I think we are seeing the twilight of Rogers,   he is still a talent and will have some big games/stretches,  but I dont think he is the threat over 16 games that he once was.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
You can do it!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]