Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You still have a Championship Game hang-over?
I don't think I'll ever be completely over it.  Although it doesn't feel as bad as 87, 98, 09.  It's more in the 41-donut category.  Good thing is we may not need to wait another 10 years for another opportunity.

[Image: l5r4lpgu2ykb.jpeg]
Let’s do this! 

I always feel the loss. Just not as long anymore. If you're a Viking fan getting that close is a rare thing. Missed opportunities we get way to few of. If we don't get a shot at it again this year then the loss with be greater. 

I'm not exactly sure why, but it didn't hurt nearly as much as '98 or '09.  Maybe because we were out of it so early, maybe because I trust this team and staff and know that we just had a bad night at the wrong time.

Anyway, I was over it pretty soon after the game and I'm excited about this season.  It's always tough to play deep into the playoffs, but I have confidence that this team can get it done.

I think after the near melt down in the aints game I was ready,  I even mentioned it on here that getting past that emotional moment was going to be very tough for the team to reset and refocus  for such a big game and that I wouldnt be surprised if there was a let down.  I still wanted a win,  but I think I was expecting the worst... now maybe not the shittiest fans on the planet living up to they hype worst... but as far as the team losing, I wasnt going to be surprised.

Age and the fact that, as a Viking fan, my heart, soul and spirit were long ago calloused over, I was over it before it ended. 

I cried when we lost our Super Bowls because I was a kid, but they didn't hurt as much as Hail Mary. It was years before that healed. Half Nelson brutalized me for a month, especially considering I worked at a newspaper at the time and our sports writers had a picture of Nelson's drop blown up large and placed in the newsroom where I had to walk by it every day. Wide Left stuck with me for at least a month. Bountygate resulted in the worst hang over I'd ever had, but only a few days of recovery time. Wide Left II, took about a day. By this time I had kids for whom I had to set an example. When the ball flew outside of the upright, my son was screaming. I didn't say a word, clicked off the TV and walked away. It's the new normal. 

And so by the time Cold Case (I'm open for other names) rolled around, I was well conditioned. I'm ready for the conditioning to end. 

I was  shocked  at how  bad   the last game was     so  I moved passed it quicker than  normal   I'm   ready for the season to start now  it's a exciting time to be a viking fan