Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins wheels
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
In my mind...I'd rather chance a bullet than own a van.  I just can't see myself in one.
get the right one,  they are kind of fun to drive,  but I felt the same way years ago... of course after I got rid of the astro van we never got another.
I had a Astro. Great van but crappy suspension. 4.3L was a solid runner.  Took that thing everywhere when the kids were young. Great road trip vehicle. 
it was called the mommy hot rod in our house.  you could light up the tires pretty easy.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
In my mind...I'd rather chance a bullet than own a van.  I just can't see myself in one.
get the right one,  they are kind of fun to drive,  but I felt the same way years ago... of course after I got rid of the astro van we never got another.
I had a Astro. Great van but crappy suspension. 4.3L was a solid runner.  Took that thing everywhere when the kids were young. Great road trip vehicle. 
it was called the mommy hot rod in our house.  you could light up the tires pretty easy.
Rear wheel baby. That's why I picked it. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
till you have kids and realize the mpg is the same as a suv but with more cargo space. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@ArizonaViking said:
till you have kids and realize the mpg is the same as a suv but with more cargo space. 
I got kids and grandkids...still would not own a van.  Just not for me.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@AGRforever said:
@ArizonaViking said:
 I'm not a van guy either...  Nothing wrong if someone else has one.  I just couldn't justify getting one because I couldn't take it anywhere hunting.  I'd get a Suburban or bigger SUV if I wanted additional seating and cargo space.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@AGRforever said:
@ArizonaViking said:
 I'm not a van guy either...  Nothing wrong if someone else has one.  I just couldn't justify getting one because I couldn't take it anywhere hunting.  I'd get a Suburban or bigger SUV if I wanted additional seating and cargo space.
I'm no longer a van guy either. At the time I bought the Astro I was. 2 kids and 2 dogs plus camping gear. I got the extended one. The Astro couldn't be beat. Even by the biggest SUV at the time. Which got about 13mpg at that time. 4 captains chairs made it the ultimate road trip vehicle. Ok with the emphasis on ROAD. With the undersized suspension those dirt roads out on the Navajo reservation trashed it. That was it's weakness to the big SUV you're right there. Not a hunting truck. Funny how I have to defend my actually liking that van. I actually bought it at 1st for my wife but she didn't like driving it. So it became my daily driver for 6 years.

The more I read about him, the more I like him. The interview with his former teammates giving him a hard time about the van is hilarious. He is very down to earth and real. This van reminds me of my brother's van. That thing went through a lot. Road trips and funny videos as well as hauling my nephews everywhere. And it brings out his sentimental side, he won't get rid of it for anything even though the boys are grown and they have an SUV now. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Lochstar is so jealous and so getting a cousins jersey. 
You would be correct... generating critical mancrush here....

[Image: vikings1.jpg?quality=88&w=750]

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
[Image: vikings1.jpg?quality=88&w=750]
That's showin some pride there. I came of age in the late 70s. Vans were big then. Two friends once were taking about their rides. One friend bought a used Ford Econoline. Made his own shag carpet conversion. The other had a VW bug. My van friend says you can't get laid in a bug. My bug buddy said it ain't easy but if your going to let that stop you then you don't want it bad enough. Yeah what high school boy doesn't want it bad enough...lol.