Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Romo to Enter Concussion Protocol... Once Again
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Well, I don't think Green Bay is a shit team....and if Viking's fans think so, all they need to remember is they went to the NFCC game in 2016. They sucked last year because Rodgers was injured. He's a transcendent talent: he'll elevate the team. So throw dirt on their grave if you must, but they'll be heard from this year. How good they'll be, I have no idea.  
but I wouldnt necessarily put Green Bay in the top 5 of the NFC,  let alone the best team in the league.
Why not? Its a completely different team with Rodgers. They've made improvements for this season also. Like I said, they went to the NFCC game just a season before last. They'll be right there for the NFCN crown this season, guaranteed. Their upside is somewhat hard to gauge. 

Every year, there are teams that don't make the playoffs that did the year before: Green Bay is going to be in the playoffs....that, at the very worst, makes them a top 6 NFC team. 
I would say they are a different animal with Rodgers no doubt. However the last few seasons they had him. 10-6. You have to go back to 2014 to find a year They won more then 10. That year 12-4 against some weak division competition.  Nobody is counting them out. Just their days of winning divisions with 10-6 or even 8-7-1 records may well be out. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Well, I don't think Green Bay is a shit team....and if Viking's fans think so, all they need to remember is they went to the NFCC game in 2016. They sucked last year because Rodgers was injured. He's a transcendent talent: he'll elevate the team. So throw dirt on their grave if you must, but they'll be heard from this year. How good they'll be, I have no idea.  
but I wouldnt necessarily put Green Bay in the top 5 of the NFC,  let alone the best team in the league.
Why not? Its a completely different team with Rodgers. They've made improvements for this season also. Like I said, they went to the NFCC game just a season before last. They'll be right there for the NFCN crown this season, guaranteed. Their upside is somewhat hard to gauge. 

Every year, there are teams that don't make the playoffs that did the year before: Green Bay is going to be in the playoffs....that, at the very worst, makes them a top 6 NFC team. 
I would say they are a different animal with Rodgers no doubt. However the last few seasons they had him. 10-6. You have to go back to 2014 to find a year They won more then 10. That year 12-4 against some weak division competition.  Nobody is counting them out. Just their days of winning divisions with 10-6 or even 8-7-1 records may well be out. 
they are like the kid in school that grew before anybody else and then stopped... he dominated for a while,  but when everybody else got to be his size he actually regressed because he hadnt improved his game and instead thrived on his one physical advantage.

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
But nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat. 

The most talented rosters don't always win. Didn't you argue recently that Philly isn't as talented as some other teams? Is New England? Nope. When you have a talent like Rodgers, Hall of Fame special-type, those 'objective' looks go out the door. We've all seen him do it before. But when you have arguably the most talented player at the most premium position in the NFL, the rules don't always apply.

Nothing I'd like to see more than the Packers crashing and burning all year, but it won't happen unless Rodgers gets injured again. Vikings fans in this forum hating their guts doesn't mean much when there's 1:15 left on the clock and Rodgers has the ball down by 6. You can't pull a toothpick out of Viking's fans collective asses at that point they'll be so clinched up. 
Nobody said "most talented roster".  The discussion is "team to beat".  And objectively (taking emotions out of the picture) can say that GB is the team to beat.  They were back in the Randy Moss days, drafting several DBs to try and find one that can stick in the draft this year.  They are playing catchup and they know it.  Rodgers is always dangerous, but there are teams in each division that are better than they are.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
But nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat. 

The most talented rosters don't always win. Didn't you argue recently that Philly isn't as talented as some other teams? Is New England? Nope. When you have a talent like Rodgers, Hall of Fame special-type, those 'objective' looks go out the door. We've all seen him do it before. But when you have arguably the most talented player at the most premium position in the NFL, the rules don't always apply.

Nothing I'd like to see more than the Packers crashing and burning all year, but it won't happen unless Rodgers gets injured again. Vikings fans in this forum hating their guts doesn't mean much when there's 1:15 left on the clock and Rodgers has the ball down by 6. You can't pull a toothpick out of Viking's fans collective asses at that point they'll be so clinched up. 
Fully aware that the best teams don't always win. That's why you play the game. But I'd be surprised if the Vikings don't wipe the field with them this year. Rodgers is a helluva QB, but one of things that always bothered me about that injury is that he was not having that great of a game when he got hurt. 
Minnesota isn't going to 'wipe the field' with Rodgers. When has that ever happened? 

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Nobody said "most talented roster".  The discussion is "team to beat".  And objectively (taking emotions out of the picture) can say that GB is the team to beat.  They were back in the Randy Moss days, drafting several DBs to try and find one that can stick in the draft this year.  They are playing catchup and they know it.  Rodgers is always dangerous, but there are teams in each division that are better than they are.

Yeah, MB did. What else would 'take a look at the depth charts' mean? That's who I was replying to.

Listen, we can have all the pipe dreams we want that we're going to kick Rodgers's ass and destroy Green Bay, but when it happens for the first time, then I'll believe it. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

10 wins, won the division and went to the NFCC game in 2016. And the Vikings were 13-3 and a miracle play from losing at home last year. So.....

Yeah, MB did. What else would 'take a look at the depth charts' mean? That's who I was replying to.

Listen, we can have all the pipe dreams we want that we're going to kick Rodgers's ass and destroy Green Bay, but when it happens for the first time, then I'll believe it. 
So in your mind, GB is a lock to make the playoffs?  But not a chance in hell that we beat GB soundly?  Just curious about pipe dreams and all that.

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Fully aware that the best teams don't always win. That's why you play the game. But I'd be surprised if the Vikings don't wipe the field with them this year. Rodgers is a helluva QB, but one of things that always bothered me about that injury is that he was not having that great of a game when he got hurt. 
Minnesota isn't going to 'wipe the field' with Rodgers. When has that ever happened? 
Well Barr tried but Aarons damn should stuck in the turf....otherwise I'm sure it would have worked.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

So in your mind, GB is a lock to make the playoffs?  But not a chance in hell that we beat GB soundly?  Just curious about pipe dreams and all that.
The Vikings can beat GB, for sure. Soundly? When has that happened with Rodgers at QB? And I definitely think the Packers are getting into the playoffs. 

Not my first day as a Vikings fan. My hate for GB doesn't blind me to Rodger's abilities and track record.

@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

10 wins, won the division and went to the NFCC game in 2016. And the Vikings were 13-3 and a miracle play from losing at home last year. So.....
I seem to remember a little luck or favorable officiating against the cowboys that allowed them to advance to the NFCC. Where they got hammered about as bad as us last year. Was this not also the year the phantom face mask set up the last second hail mary to steal the division from the Lions? Ok so when they're lucky they are good. Us it's just aways luck. Nobody said Rodgers does not make them a contender. You seem very worried he's not getting enough respect. He gets plenty and often help. That's what OUR problem.