Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Romo to Enter Concussion Protocol... Once Again
https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-viki...-119343355

Ok I get it,  hes from sconni,  but he also needs to be a professional and realize that he will get no respect to be a fan boy as a football analyst.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

Well, I don't think Green Bay is a shit team....and if Viking's fans think so, all they need to remember is they went to the NFCC game in 2016. They sucked last year because Rodgers was injured. He's a transcendent talent: he'll elevate the team. So throw dirt on their grave if you must, but they'll be heard from this year. How good they'll be, I have no idea.  

Ok Tony you say they're the "team to beat". Let's see if we can accommodate you. Twice.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Well, I don't think Green Bay is a shit team....and if Viking's fans think so, all they need to remember is they went to the NFCC game in 2016. They sucked last year because Rodgers was injured. He's a transcendent talent: he'll elevate the team. So throw dirt on their grave if you must, but they'll be heard from this year. How good they'll be, I have no idea.  
so if you had to pick one team to win it all this year... where is green bay on that list?

as far as "shit team",  and "their grave"  could you show me exactly where I wrote those words?......  because I didnt

but I wouldnt necessarily put Green Bay in the top 5 of the NFC,  let alone the best team in the league.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
but I wouldnt necessarily put Green Bay in the top 5 of the NFC,  let alone the best team in the league.
Why not? Its a completely different team with Rodgers. They've made improvements for this season also. Like I said, they went to the NFCC game just a season before last. They'll be right there for the NFCN crown this season, guaranteed. Their upside is somewhat hard to gauge. 

Every year, there are teams that don't make the playoffs that did the year before: Green Bay is going to be in the playoffs....that, at the very worst, makes them a top 6 NFC team. 

They're not a shit team. They'll be a tough out and they belong right there among that 2nd tier of teams with Atlanta and Carolina. If they get lucky with their rookie DBs they can maybe ascend to the 1st tier with Philly, Minny, Rams and Saints. 

But nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat. 

They have TWO units that are better than ours. QB and OL. We have better receivers, better backs, better DL, better LBs and better DBs...And some by a very large margin. Romo's an asshat. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
They're not a shit team. They'll be a tough out and they belong right there among that 2nd tier of teams with Atlanta and Carolina. If they get lucky with their rookie DBs they can maybe ascend to the 1st tier with Philly, Minny, Rams and Saints. 

But nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat. 

They have TWO units that are better than ours. QB and OL. We have better receivers, better backs, better DL, better LBs and better DBs...And some by a very large margin. Romo's an asshat. 
You forgot: better coaches!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

The most talented rosters don't always win. Didn't you argue recently that Philly isn't as talented as some other teams? Is New England? Nope. When you have a talent like Rodgers, Hall of Fame special-type, those 'objective' looks go out the door. We've all seen him do it before. But when you have arguably the most talented player at the most premium position in the NFL, the rules don't always apply.

Nothing I'd like to see more than the Packers crashing and burning all year, but it won't happen unless Rodgers gets injured again. Vikings fans in this forum hating their guts doesn't mean much when there's 1:15 left on the clock and Rodgers has the ball down by 6. You can't pull a toothpick out of Viking's fans collective asses at that point they'll be so clinched up. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Why not? Its a completely different team with Rodgers. They've made improvements for this season also. Like I said, they went to the NFCC game just a season before last. They'll be right there for the NFCN crown this season, guaranteed. Their upside is somewhat hard to gauge. 

Every year, there are teams that don't make the playoffs that did the year before: Green Bay is going to be in the playoffs....that, at the very worst, makes them a top 6 NFC team. 
because they arent a complete team or even close to it.  some teams can win without some of there best players.... if Rogers goes down that team is done, and he isnt as mobile as he once was but still takes a fair amount of hits... when he is on the packers are a threat,  but he isnt what he once was and imo that makes them less than the top team in the league.  Philly, Minny, Nawlins, and several others in the NFC alone can beat/compete with GBay with Rogers firing on all cylinders.  They werent even the best team in the division 2 of the last 3 years.

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

The most talented rosters don't always win. Didn't you argue recently that Philly isn't as talented as some other teams? Is New England? Nope. When you have a talent like Rodgers, Hall of Fame special-type, those 'objective' looks go out the door. We've all seen him do it before. But when you have arguably the most talented player at the most premium position in the NFL, the rules don't always apply.

Nothing I'd like to see more than the Packers crashing and burning all year, but it won't happen unless Rodgers gets injured again. Vikings fans in this forum hating their guts doesn't mean much when there's 1:15 left on the clock and Rodgers has the ball down by 6. You can't pull a toothpick out of Viking's fans collective asses at that point they'll be so clinched up. 
Fully aware that the best teams don't always win. That's why you play the game. But I'd be surprised if the Vikings don't wipe the field with them this year. Rodgers is a helluva QB, but one of things that always bothered me about that injury is that he was not having that great of a game when he got hurt.