Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packer's QB Brett Hundley
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Another guy that we really have no idea how he'll perform, yet the media thinks he's 'ready to take the team into the stratosphere'. Such hyperbole. Again, rooting for the young man, but....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-...atosphere/
I think the Chiefs were premature to move to him,  but at some point you have to take off the training wheels.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
remember when the media reported news so we could all form our own opinions.....not created the news and molded our opinions?   politics, regular news,  sports, etc... they all try to tell us how to think and what to feel... I agree...ugh.
Couldn't agree more. You can believe anything you want now, no matter how demonstrably false it is, because you have instant access to someone, somewhere who has written an article or a meme or a tweet that supports it. Truth is dead. We don't even want it anymore. We prefer the lie to the verifiable truth if the truth betrays our perception. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
remember when the media reported news so we could all form our own opinions.....not created the news and molded our opinions?   politics, regular news,  sports, etc... they all try to tell us how to think and what to feel... I agree...ugh.
Couldn't agree more. You can believe anything you want now, no matter how demonstrably false it is, because you have instant access to someone, somewhere who has written an article or a meme or a tweet that supports it. Truth is dead. We don't even want it anymore. We prefer the lie to the verifiable truth if the truth betrays our perception. 
kind of like science that is driven by profit, and not by sound methodology.... or football stats suggesting something that is completely and utterly nonsensical to anybody that actually watches and understands the game.

ESPN's Rob Demovsky writes both DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley struggled during minicamp.
It is not a surprise considering how bad both looked last season, but there was at least some hope Kizer could take a step forward in a better situation. Perhaps he will, but Demovsky writes he held the ball too long, took sacks, and struggled with his accuracy during minicamp. Hundley struggled with the same things. Unless one of them improves in training camp, Green Bay's backup situation will once again be a concern.
Related: Brett Hundley

The Packer faithful are fully off the Hundley bandwagon after proclaiming he could start on half the teams in the league...  

Now they are on the Kizer bandwagon...  Good luck with that...  LMAO

You'd think they would be good judges of QB talent after watching Favre and Rodgers for the last 25+ years...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
NFL media cracks me up: they laud Hundley like crazy last year as he takes over after Rodger's injury before he's played one game (learned the system, Packer's coaches are super high on him, soaked it all in behind Rodgers, etc.). Say he could START for a few teams. It was total lovefest. He actually starts to play and looks like hot dog$hit. Packer's get Kizer in the offseason. Now Hundley might not make it on the Packer's roster come September. 

I guess the older I get, the more I recognize and have a super low tolerance for the media hyperbole and hype. So many kids under 30 who have never played even high school football, covering NFL teams and acting like experts. A whole cottage industry like PFF where they break down analytics and data and they know more than NFL scouts and coaches. A massive eye roll.*

* the above is a certified, over 50 years old, old man rant. I'll go back to my regularly scheduled yelling at the kids to stay off my lawn and complaining about 'how damn hot it is' outside.
Yea but it's a dry heat so ya got that going for ya.
Back to hundley---damn I was hoping they'd think a little more coaching and shaking a chicken's foot over him would solve all their problems.  F the pack

Quote: @Akvike said:
@StickyBun said:
NFL media cracks me up: they laud Hundley like crazy last year as he takes over after Rodger's injury before he's played one game (learned the system, Packer's coaches are super high on him, soaked it all in behind Rodgers, etc.). Say he could START for a few teams. It was total lovefest. He actually starts to play and looks like hot dog$hit. Packer's get Kizer in the offseason. Now Hundley might not make it on the Packer's roster come September. 

I guess the older I get, the more I recognize and have a super low tolerance for the media hyperbole and hype. So many kids under 30 who have never played even high school football, covering NFL teams and acting like experts. A whole cottage industry like PFF where they break down analytics and data and they know more than NFL scouts and coaches. A massive eye roll.*

* the above is a certified, over 50 years old, old man rant. I'll go back to my regularly scheduled yelling at the kids to stay off my lawn and complaining about 'how damn hot it is' outside.
Back to hundley---damn I was hoping they'd think a little more coaching and shaking a chicken's foot over him would solve all their problems.  F the pack

He's in Florida so he doesn't even have that going for him....

@Akvike said:
@StickyBun said:

He's in Florida so he doesn't even have that going for him....
Ha, truth!

@1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Ah, the good old days!!
i dont know how good the days were,  but even though there was much much less information available... people it seemed were better informed with the facts than they are today in the "information age".   I think all of the ways to get the "news" has made us lazy as a society and as such we have a large part of the population that are perfectly happy with being told who to vote for,  cheer for, and hate, etc.

I think if we all honestly took a look at ourselves and evaluated our approaches on many matters we are all guilty to some extent of becoming sheep.
I agree people tend to think for themselves less now in the information age. Peoples opinions used to be formed more with less statistics and more personal contact. A politician uses statistics to make a point. The media picks it apart or props it up based on that networks affiliation. People used to talk to the neighbors and people in their community more. They would see or hear 1st hand if the new policy hurt or helped people around THEM not someone from some other state they are told to be outraged for.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
The Packer faithful are fully off the Hundley bandwagon after proclaiming he could start on half the teams in the league...  

Now they are on the Kizer bandwagon...  Good luck with that...  LMAO

You'd think they would be good judges of QB talent after watching Favre and Rodgers for the last 25+ years...
They should just take a page from the old man Tom Moore. Long time OC and still at it with the Cards I hear. Back when he was Payton Manning's OC with the Colts. He was asked after pratice or camp or something by John Gruden I believe. Why dont you give your backups more reps? Tom said; look Payton is our QB without him we're F'ed. We don't practice being F'ed...lol. Love that guy.