Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packer's QB Brett Hundley
NFL media cracks me up: they laud Hundley like crazy last year as he takes over after Rodger's injury before he's played one game (learned the system, Packer's coaches are super high on him, soaked it all in behind Rodgers, etc.). Say he could START for a few teams. It was total lovefest. He actually starts to play and looks like hot dog$hit. Packer's get Kizer in the offseason. Now Hundley might not make it on the Packer's roster come September. 

I guess the older I get, the more I recognize and have a super low tolerance for the media hyperbole and hype. So many kids under 30 who have never played even high school football, covering NFL teams and acting like experts. A whole cottage industry like PFF where they break down analytics and data and they know more than NFL scouts and coaches. A massive eye roll.*

* the above is a certified, over 50 years old, old man rant. I'll go back to my regularly scheduled yelling at the kids to stay off my lawn and complaining about 'how damn hot it is' outside.

you aint wrong shipmate

I watched Hundley quite a bit when Barr was still in school...I thought he was legit...then again, I liked Leaf over Manning...

Packer hyperbole is always in media fashion. They want desperately to believe it really ain't just about they had 2 HOF players in a row play QB. It's about how they are the best run organization in the NFL. Their dump of a stadium anywhere else would be a joke...not hallowed ground. Joe Buck couldn't freak out on a Moss moon and scream how can he do that and here of all places. Like Randy just ripped one in church...roll eyes here. The moment ESPN stops the Packer hyperbole I will start to look for shelter. The end is near... Or at least find a warm jacket because hell is taking a winter vacation. Packers, love them right...roll eyes again. Hell I'm closer to 60 now then 50. Ranting is what I do best. I'm with ya.

Also: 49ers fans and media losing their collective minds over QB Jimmy G. I like him, but lets pump the brakes until after this year. I like his coach and I think he's in a decent setup, but of course its overboard time on the guy. I'm rooting for him as I am Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, etc. The NFL is more fun with talent at the QB position.

remember when the media reported news so we could all form our own opinions.....not created the news and molded our opinions?   politics, regular news,  sports, etc... they all try to tell us how to think and what to feel... I agree...ugh.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
remember when the media reported news so we could all form our own opinions.....not created the news and molded our opinions?   politics, regular news,  sports, etc... they all try to tell us how to think and what to feel... I agree...ugh.
Ah, the good old days!!

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Ah, the good old days!!
i dont know how good the days were,  but even though there was much much less information available... people it seemed were better informed with the facts than they are today in the "information age".   I think all of the ways to get the "news" has made us lazy as a society and as such we have a large part of the population that are perfectly happy with being told who to vote for,  cheer for, and hate, etc.

I think if we all honestly took a look at ourselves and evaluated our approaches on many matters we are all guilty to some extent of becoming sheep.

What's happened is that news and sports news are a 24/7 news cycle...that's what changed. So they are all looking for content to fill the time. When you do that, overall quality will suffer and new niches will appear (PFF.com, blogs, online content writers, websites, ala carte programming, NFL Network, etc.). Pregame shows go on for up to 4 hours+ before gametime depending on the channel. Non-stop highlights and the ability to see any highlight online. More viewable games from a network standpoint. Proliferation. 

Another guy that we really have no idea how he'll perform, yet the media thinks he's 'ready to take the team into the stratosphere'. Such hyperbole. Again, rooting for the young man, but....

And to my earlier point: the writer, Will Brinson, was once a 'professional travel guide'. He was the 'social media editor' at Fanhouse for 10 years prior to blogging at CBS Sports. Where's the sports credentials? He never covered a professional team as a beat writer. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-...atosphere/