Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when Viking fans turned on Teddy...
I never cared if Bridgewater or any player sent an appropriate "thank you". He isn't some nephew who received a graduation gift; we're strangers, to me he is a face on television, and to players, most fans are faces in the crowd, if that.
The only impact his (alleged) comments in social media had, for me at least, were as an indicator of his attitude towards the Vikings franchise. Since his injury, we have discussed things that might be impacted by Bridgewater's attitude: whether he would oppose an attempt to toll his contract, whether he would sign a contract here under more favorable terms, whether he cut off contract extension talks too quickly, etc. So we were "reading the tea leaves", however sparse they were.
I doubt many, if any, players have any idea about comments on discussion forums, so any anger here is just between fans being mad at other fans for not loving their own preferred player as much as they do...reminds me of, "You're an idiot if you think your Cheryl Ladd poster is hotter than my Farrah poster".

Social media is FULL of people looking to create controversy and fighting, on any subject. If you are a big name with a lot of followers you will have people creating issues like this. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I never cared if Bridgewater or any player sent an appropriate "thank you". He isn't some nephew who received a graduation gift; we're strangers, to me he is a face on television, and to players, most fans are faces in the crowd, if that.
The only impact his (alleged) comments in social media had, for me at least, were as an indicator of his attitude towards the Vikings franchise. Since his injury, we have discussed things that might be impacted by Bridgewater's attitude: whether he would oppose an attempt to toll his contract, whether he would sign a contract here under more favorable terms, whether he cut off contract extension talks too quickly, etc. So we were "reading the tea leaves", however sparse they were.
I doubt many, if any, players have any idea about comments on discussion forums, so any anger here is just between fans being mad at other fans for not loving their own preferred player as much as they do...reminds me of, "You're an idiot if you think your Cheryl Ladd poster is hotter than my Farrah poster".
Great post. We are anonymous here. If a player tweets he's not. If he doesn't tweets he not to some. If he tweets cryptic messages that can be perceived as an attack against someones favorite team it's not anonymous. Even if we don't know the intention. So we fill in the blanks. You want people to not speculate. Try doing it with more then 140 characters. Talking is not overrated.
Ps Cheryl was hotter then Farrah. However I'm also a Mary Ann over Ginger. I'm not big on glamour. Or it's my pervy side that likes the farmers daughter innocents. I thinks me said tooo much...lol.

I think you would be surprised by the amount of things that players take time to view.  sometimes I think they read to much of these types of things.. at least that was the case with Ponder,  he was mentally knee capped before he even really got a chance because he listened to it all and read it all and wasnt able to get past the negativity.  He isnt the first and certainly not the only one... Tom has often mentioned players that lurk on our site.  

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Jor-El said:
Great post. We are anonymous here. If a player tweets he's not. If he doesn't tweets he not to some. If he tweets cryptic messages that can be perceived as an attack against someones favorite team it's not anonymous. Even if we don't know the intention. So we fill in the blanks. You want people to not speculate. Try doing it with more then 140 characters. Talking is not overrated.
Ps Cheryl was hotter then Farrah. However I'm also a Mary Ann over Ginger. I'm not big on glamour. Or it's my pervy side that likes the farmers daughter innocents. I thinks me said tooo much...lol.

Cheryl over Farrah?? How dare you??????
But seriously, Cheryl Ladd was hardly innocent looking...
I bought Farrah's poster when I was 13 and put it up in my bedroom. In an act of unspeakable inhumanity, it was...parentally removed. It was given to an older cousin of mine, who took it to his college dorm. To my utter surprise, two years ago my cousin was unpacking some boxes, found the poster in a cardboard roll, and returned Farrah to me at last...

@suncoastvike said:
@Jor-El said:

I bought Farrah's poster when I was 13 and put it up in my bedroom. In an act of unspeakable inhumanity, it was...parentally removed. It was given to an older cousin of mine, who took it to his college dorm. To my utter surprise, two years ago my cousin was unpacking some boxes, found the poster in a cardboard roll, and returned Farrah to me at last...
Every boy in America had that poster or wanted it...lol. Cheryl was the less sophisticated less glamorous of the 2 in the series. The younger sister approach. Truth I was  a Kelly Garrett fan.  

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Jor-El said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Jor-El said:

Every boy in America had that poster or wanted it...lol. Cheryl was the less sophisticated less glamorous of the 2 in the series. The younger sister approach. Truth I was  a Kelly Garrett fan.  

In truth, Jaclyn was the most classy+beautiful woman of that group. My mother-in-law just showed me a catalog with a line of Jaclyn Smith wigs...

@suncoastvike said:
@Jor-El said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Jor-El said:

In truth, Jaclyn was the most classy+beautiful woman of that group. My mother-in-law just showed me a catalog with a line of Jaclyn Smith wigs...

you would look good with one of those.

I was more a Loni Anderson - Lynda Carter - Victoria Principal guy. I like them voluptuous. 

If you want to see somebody that was SO my type and so curvy and gorgeous back in the day before my time: Barbara Eden. OMG. Even before I Dream of Jeannie. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I was more a Loni Anderson - Lynda Carter - Victoria Principal guy. I like them voluptuous. 

If you want to see somebody that was SO my type and so curvy and gorgeous back in the day before my time: Barbara Eden. OMG. Even before I Dream of Jeannie. 
Lucille Ball in her younger years was absolutely stunning...Yah, way before my time as was Barbara Eden.