Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when Viking fans turned on Teddy...
... because they said he never sent them a "thank you"?  I do.  It was ugly- and stupid.  And, turns out, they were wrong anyway.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/stat...3119324160

Why would he deleted it later? Isn't deleting a tweet another way of saying I wish I hadn't done that? I have no ill will towards Teddy. I just thought he was never going to be more then a average QB. I like our new QB more and he hasn't even taken a snap for us yet.
Kirk has put together 3 straight 4000+ seasons. We haven't had one since #4 in 2009. That will change soon. Good luck Teddy. Thanks for the shout out. Even if you chose to delete it.

Why delete it? That I dont get

I knew he said thank you. I hate that some people turned on him. He handled the situation with class and said one thing. He said he was hurt. People have emotions. They aren't robots. I don't blame him for a thing. He's a good guy and I wish him all the best.

Did not know about all this bull shit,  doesn't change my opinions of Teddy one iota.  I still think he has more class in his little finger than any QB we've ever haD has possessed in their whole body.

Can't blame Teddy if he has some hard feelings. As far as he's concerned, he's going to continue on with his career and he had hoped it would be with the Vikings. He worked hard in hopes of that happening. From his side of things it might just mean that he's hurt that the organization didn't trust him going forward. While I understand things from their side of the fence too, I can't say I blame Teddy for having a bruised heart over this. He clearly loved the team.
Agree with you, VG, these guys aren't robots. There's a lot of heart and commitment they put into their craft and Teddy is very much a team guy. And Jimmy, you're right, and I think Teddy's little finger has more class in it than many, many people, certainly not just former Vikings QBs.  Big Grin

I tried to argue with them that- even if he didn't post a public "good bye"- it didn't change who he was.  Here's what some fans said at the time:

"Second, nobody is saying Teddy is a horrible person, just that he is probably not as squeaky clean as he tries to portray. When fans chant your name through a multi-season injury, they deserve a “goodbye” at the very least. If he has a problem with the team, fine... but it is common courtesy for outgoing players to reciprocate on the love they were shown by the fans."

"I guess that thunderous ovation he got in his one appearance last year by the fans didn't impress him.
No doubt because of all the "potential" he had, there was no room for a little class - I don't/won't miss Teddy."

"Sorry, but true character basically comes down to two things: how you handle adversity and how you act when you think nobody's watching."

"Not taking a moment to tweet out a goodbye thanks for support to those fans is petty."

"He was never the guy they put on a pedestal in terms of character or play."

"I guess maybe he really isnt that nice of a guy then, probably a fake smile too..."

"When things were going his way with the Vikings he put on the persona of that nice guy with the smile. Now adversity comes his way and he now has to fight for the right to be the guy, his true character may be coming out."

"a lot of us have become sick and tired of hearing of how nice of a guy he is and so on....  he had a ton of fans in MN, it would be a class act to at least thank them...."

Quote: @pumpf said:
I tried to argue with them that- even if he didn't post a public "good bye"- it didn't change who he was.  Here's what some fans said at the time:

"Second, nobody is saying Teddy is a horrible person, just that he is probably not as squeaky clean as he tries to portray. When fans chant your name through a multi-season injury, they deserve a “goodbye” at the very least. If he has a problem with the team, fine... but it is common courtesy for outgoing players to reciprocate on the love they were shown by the fans."

"I guess that thunderous ovation he got in his one appearance last year by the fans didn't impress him.
No doubt because of all the "potential" he had, there was no room for a little class - I don't/won't miss Teddy."

"Sorry, but true character basically comes down to two things: how you handle adversity and how you act when you think nobody's watching."

"Not taking a moment to tweet out a goodbye thanks for support to those fans is petty."

"He was never the guy they put on a pedestal in terms of character or play."

"I guess maybe he really isnt that nice of a guy then, probably a fake smile too..."

"When things were going his way with the Vikings he put on the persona of that nice guy with the smile. Now adversity comes his way and he now has to fight for the right to be the guy, his true character may be coming out."

"a lot of us have become sick and tired of hearing of how nice of a guy he is and so on....  he had a ton of fans in MN, it would be a class act to at least thank them...."
Yeah I get it. Some were less gracious then others when he left. Some were mournful of the yet unfulfilled potential. Others just never liked the pick to begin with. He is a QB. That is a very demanding position hearts and minds wise. That's everywhere not just bad Viking fans. You think we're brutal wait till the J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets fans turn on someone. Few will ever argue Teddy's heart. Many just viewed it as he played less then 30 games for us. Then on the bench or rehab the next 32. I moved on already.  On a scale from 1 - Moss of players that the Vikings let go I give him a 5 because he was at least a nice kid. 

I have zero doubt that Teddy was hurt and somewhat surprised by the Vikings basically moving on from him. His heart was in Minnesota. But the team is loaded and can't take a chance that Bridgewater will get quickly reinjured. Or limited somehow. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Why delete it? That I dont get
Sometimes tweets draw responses you'd rather not keep around.