Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when Viking fans turned on Teddy...
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Those comments say more about those who made them than Teddy. I still follow Teddy on Instagram and Twitter and he is who he says he is. He is a good guy who watched his mom battle cancer. He is part of a children's book written by his girlfriend that is inspiring and inspired by him overcoming a brutal injury. He is the guy I saw spending one on one time with a child in a wheelchair and an oxygen tank. He didn't do it for show. He knelt down beside the child leaned in to listen and made the boy very happy. He is the guy that went back to his old neighborhood to hand out brand new bikes to kids that didn't have any. It was a surprise. Teddy's actions and words show an honest and good man. His generosity and compassion know no bounds. He has touched lives and made a difference. That is the true testament of his character. His mom has so much to be proud of. He said he was hurt. That is honest and made him vulnerable. But he is real. I will take honesty over a lie every damn day of the week. 
If you truly want honesty... this tweet above in the OP (as reacted to on other sites)
from r/minnesotavikings

will test your resolve. 

1. No time stamp, on the tweet  Doctored  Why? 
  2. Why deleted? 
  3. JR Reid draft scout is a known Teddy fluffer.  Amongst those that follow Twitter closely.  
  4. Teddy scrubbed the Vikes off his twitter handle, after they named Bradford backup, yet still a Viking.  Important? 
  5. Most importantly, Twitter handles don't match on the OP tweet above, and Teddy's official twitter handle. 
https://twitter.com/DennisK9G/status/100...3781929984
(compare the last "O" on the OP tweet, and Teddy's twitter handle.  Different)

Those ^^ are fairly inarguable observations.  

I don't know what's true or not... but thought I'd proffer a different counter-compelling argument, and what's out there on the interwebz.  

If JRReid posted a doctored Teddy tweet... bad look on St Theodore the Pious.  JMO.  

From the reddit thread: 

[–]Kianvis 30 points 1 day ago 
I call BS. There were many people on this sub eyeballing Teddy's Twitter for that exact message. It would have shown up here if it really happened.

[–]niftypotatoe 2 points 5 hours ago 
Why would he delete it? No way this happened. Teddy clearly didn't value his very still devoted fans enough to thank them. No use trying to backtrack now

**shrugs**

Childish thread..time to move on and up!

Well as an old fart who doesn't tweet and finds the whole thing silly... social media has reduced the young generation to a bunch of 7 year olds going "He said a bad word mommy!"  and "He was mean to me mommy"  and "Oh yeah well screw you too!"   Meanwhile there is a real life out there you could live that is a whole lot more rewarding than that shit.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
I tried to argue with them that- even if he didn't post a public "good bye"- it didn't change who he was.  Here's what some fans said at the time:

"Second, nobody is saying Teddy is a horrible person, just that he is probably not as squeaky clean as he tries to portray. When fans chant your name through a multi-season injury, they deserve a “goodbye” at the very least. If he has a problem with the team, fine... but it is common courtesy for outgoing players to reciprocate on the love they were shown by the fans."

"I guess that thunderous ovation he got in his one appearance last year by the fans didn't impress him.
No doubt because of all the "potential" he had, there was no room for a little class - I don't/won't miss Teddy."

"Sorry, but true character basically comes down to two things: how you handle adversity and how you act when you think nobody's watching."

"Not taking a moment to tweet out a goodbye thanks for support to those fans is petty."

"He was never the guy they put on a pedestal in terms of character or play."

"I guess maybe he really isnt that nice of a guy then, probably a fake smile too..."

"When things were going his way with the Vikings he put on the persona of that nice guy with the smile. Now adversity comes his way and he now has to fight for the right to be the guy, his true character may be coming out."

"a lot of us have become sick and tired of hearing of how nice of a guy he is and so on....  he had a ton of fans in MN, it would be a class act to at least thank them...."
Wow, those are some pretty dickish comments. 
the internet is built on dickish comments. pretty tame for todays level of dickishness

Quote: @savannahskol said:
From the reddit thread: 

[–]Kianvis 30 points 1 day ago 
I call BS. There were many people on this sub eyeballing Teddy's Twitter for that exact message. It would have shown up here if it really happened.

[–]niftypotatoe 2 points 5 hours ago 
Why would he delete it? No way this happened. Teddy clearly didn't value his very still devoted fans enough to thank them. No use trying to backtrack now

**shrugs**

If Teddy didn't really send out that tweet, then I apologize for bringing this up.  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
I tried to argue with them that- even if he didn't post a public "good bye"- it didn't change who he was.  Here's what some fans said at the time:

"Second, nobody is saying Teddy is a horrible person, just that he is probably not as squeaky clean as he tries to portray. When fans chant your name through a multi-season injury, they deserve a “goodbye” at the very least. If he has a problem with the team, fine... but it is common courtesy for outgoing players to reciprocate on the love they were shown by the fans."

"I guess that thunderous ovation he got in his one appearance last year by the fans didn't impress him.
No doubt because of all the "potential" he had, there was no room for a little class - I don't/won't miss Teddy."

"Sorry, but true character basically comes down to two things: how you handle adversity and how you act when you think nobody's watching."

"Not taking a moment to tweet out a goodbye thanks for support to those fans is petty."

"I guess maybe he really isnt that nice of a guy then, probably a fake smile too..."

"When things were going his way with the Vikings he put on the persona of that nice guy with the smile. Now adversity comes his way and he now has to fight for the right to be the guy, his true character may be coming out."

"a lot of us have become sick and tired of hearing of how nice of a guy he is and so on....  he had a ton of fans in MN, it would be a class act to at least thank them...."
the internet is built on dickish comments. pretty tame for todays level of dickishness
I don't know. Yes, the internet is a bathroom wall. When people are largely anonymous you begin to see just how many assholes there are in the world. Haters, racists, just vile humans. 

These comments don't descend to that level, but they are dickish. Think about it. Teddy Bridgewater was an emerging superstar. He had broken 91 team records, took his team to the playoffs and was coming off a 2 TD Pro Bowl. He loved Minnesota and Minnesota loved him. He was destined to be the Vikings QB for the next decade. That 2016 season that gave Sam Bradford his career year should've been Teddy's. The 2017 season that saw us go the NFCC should've been Teddy's. That $84M dollar contract we just gave Cousins was supposed to be Teddy's. 

All that was taken away in an instant. Not just an injury, but he almost lost his leg and he may never be the same. I know we saw a strong and optimistic Teddy when he finally emerged, but you have to know there were dark moments with a lot of anger and pain and tears. He went from the top of the world to signing a 1-year backup contract with a terrible team. 

That there are people who still wanted more from Teddy, people who think they're entitled to some sort of "thank you" from him just boggles my mind. Fuck those people. 

@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:

I don't know. Yes, the internet is a bathroom wall. When people are largely anonymous you begin to see just how many assholes there are in the world. Haters, racists, just vile humans. 

These comments don't descend to that level, but they are dickish. Think about it. Teddy Bridgewater was an emerging superstar. He had broken 91 team records, took his team to the playoffs and was coming off a 2 TD Pro Bowl. He loved Minnesota and Minnesota loved him. He was destined to be the Vikings QB for the next decade. That 2016 season that gave Sam Bradford his career year should've been Teddy's. The 2017 season that saw us go the NFCC should've been Teddy's. That $84M dollar contract we just gave Cousins was supposed to be Teddy's. 

All that was taken away in an instant. Not just an injury, but he almost lost his leg and he may never be the same. I know we saw a strong and optimistic Teddy when he finally emerged, but you have to know there were dark moments with a lot of anger and pain and tears. He went from the top of the world to signing a 1-year backup contract with a terrible team. 

That there are people who still wanted more from Teddy, people who think they're entitled to some sort of "thank you" from him just boggles my mind. Fuck those people. 

I never felt Teddy had the upside of many, but dayum. Good kid, good moral code, hard-worker  and loved by his teammates, coaches -- the state frankly.

I hope the next chapters for the kid are reward for his resiliency. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
Well as an old fart who doesn't tweet and finds the whole thing silly... social media has reduced the young generation to a bunch of 7 year olds going "He said a bad word mommy!"  and "He was mean to me mommy"  and "Oh yeah well screw you too!"   Meanwhile there is a real life out there you could live that is a whole lot more rewarding than that shit.
Of course, grown men posting daily comments on a football chat board...not silly at all.   Wink

@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:

What happened to Teddy is just too fucking sad for words. It truly is. And of course the worst of the worst can come out on the internet because they can hide. It's easy to be tough behind a keyboard.

It definitely was a test for Teddy no doubt. He is a positive guy with a strong faith but he is human. And like all humans, there are moments of fear and doubt. But he still handled it well. And of course there are always those who love to tear someone down after they begin to rise.