Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when Viking fans turned on Teddy...
Quote: @pumpf said:
I tried to argue with them that- even if he didn't post a public "good bye"- it didn't change who he was.  Here's what some fans said at the time:

"Second, nobody is saying Teddy is a horrible person, just that he is probably not as squeaky clean as he tries to portray. When fans chant your name through a multi-season injury, they deserve a “goodbye” at the very least. If he has a problem with the team, fine... but it is common courtesy for outgoing players to reciprocate on the love they were shown by the fans."

"I guess that thunderous ovation he got in his one appearance last year by the fans didn't impress him.
No doubt because of all the "potential" he had, there was no room for a little class - I don't/won't miss Teddy."

"Sorry, but true character basically comes down to two things: how you handle adversity and how you act when you think nobody's watching."

"Not taking a moment to tweet out a goodbye thanks for support to those fans is petty."

"He was never the guy they put on a pedestal in terms of character or play."

"I guess maybe he really isnt that nice of a guy then, probably a fake smile too..."

"When things were going his way with the Vikings he put on the persona of that nice guy with the smile. Now adversity comes his way and he now has to fight for the right to be the guy, his true character may be coming out."

"a lot of us have become sick and tired of hearing of how nice of a guy he is and so on....  he had a ton of fans in MN, it would be a class act to at least thank them...."
Wow, those are some pretty dickish comments. 

How did I miss that thread?  Or was that a string of twits?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
I tried to argue with them that- even if he didn't post a public "good bye"- it didn't change who he was.  Here's what some fans said at the time:

"Second, nobody is saying Teddy is a horrible person, just that he is probably not as squeaky clean as he tries to portray. When fans chant your name through a multi-season injury, they deserve a “goodbye” at the very least. If he has a problem with the team, fine... but it is common courtesy for outgoing players to reciprocate on the love they were shown by the fans."

"I guess that thunderous ovation he got in his one appearance last year by the fans didn't impress him.
No doubt because of all the "potential" he had, there was no room for a little class - I don't/won't miss Teddy."

"Sorry, but true character basically comes down to two things: how you handle adversity and how you act when you think nobody's watching."

"Not taking a moment to tweet out a goodbye thanks for support to those fans is petty."

"I guess maybe he really isnt that nice of a guy then, probably a fake smile too..."

"When things were going his way with the Vikings he put on the persona of that nice guy with the smile. Now adversity comes his way and he now has to fight for the right to be the guy, his true character may be coming out."

"a lot of us have become sick and tired of hearing of how nice of a guy he is and so on....  he had a ton of fans in MN, it would be a class act to at least thank them...."
Wow, those are some pretty dickish comments. 

This could have been me. At least it was my thinking. This was before I knew anything about his tweet. 

Are we just trying to find things to bitch about now?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
Now?  Is this a new development?

Those comments say more about those who made them than Teddy. I still follow Teddy on Instagram and Twitter and he is who he says he is. He is a good guy who watched his mom battle cancer. He is part of a children's book written by his girlfriend that is inspiring and inspired by him overcoming a brutal injury. He is the guy I saw spending one on one time with a child in a wheelchair and an oxygen tank. He didn't do it for show. He knelt down beside the child leaned in to listen and made the boy very happy. He is the guy that went back to his old neighborhood to hand out brand new bikes to kids that didn't have any. It was a surprise. Teddy's actions and words show an honest and good man. His generosity and compassion know no bounds. He has touched lives and made a difference. That is the true testament of his character. His mom has so much to be proud of. He said he was hurt. That is honest and made him vulnerable. But he is real. I will take honesty over a lie every damn day of the week. 

I can't help but imagine two stereotype "bros" arguing about this shit.

"Nah fuck that! Teddy hurt our feelings bro! Dude didnt even say "thank you" man." 

I can’t believe anyone wasnt pulling for him ... or didn’t want him to succeed.  He is a class act and a good guy.  Named my goldenddoodle puppy Theodore Edmund Bear after him.

But i wouldnt confuse that with any hint that I thought the vikings did anything wrong with him. I just didnt think he can perform at the same level as Bradford, Cousins or Case with that injury.  

Maybe not even if he didnt get injured.  

I hope he does well. 

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
Maybe.  But it was "news" yesterday that he actually did tweet a "thank you" to the fans.  Since there were many who were in angst over the issue, I thought I'd give them the update (and remind them of what they said about him at that time).

Quote: @pumpf said:

I think it is pretty amazing people really cared about whether or not he tweeted a farewell message.  And I think its even more amazing someone took the time to dig up these quotes months after.