Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completely stupid, totally ridiculous question
I am a fan of this team first, just like all of you, but there sure seems to be a lot of people lately who'd have no problem seeing us lose Diggs. I don't get it. I know the guy has had injury issues but I don't see why anyone would want to mess with what we have at WR right now. Is anybody REALLY thinking about how LONGGGGG it has been since we've had a good starting WR duo??? It's been a long time, guys and girls...
And FWIW, injury concerns aside the guy brings a lot to this team with his work ethic and competitiveness....sure seems to be a team guy and just had a real nice season. I'm pretty damn excited to see what he's going to do with Cousins throwing to him.
For those who think losing Diggs is no big deal, does anybody remember who was lost at the beginning of last year? Losing Cook was a huge blow, right? Anybody worried now about how durable he's going to be?? It was a concern about him in college (just likes it was for Diggs). I AM worried...but I love DC33 and I sure as hell wouldn't want to trade him in a year or two because I'm worried about whether or not he'll get hurt again. Every time these guys take the field they risk injury. I guess we'll just have to shut the team down then, right?? Somebody could get hurt...

Which one of these is the most valuable player to keep between Diggs, Hunter, and Barr? 

Between these 3 pending free agents, you could make an argument that Diggs is the most
consistent performer of the three.

We saw how average Hunter can be when Griffin was hurt and the rest of the D Line seemed
wore out at the end of the year. Is he really an elite defensive end worth a big contract?

Barr is an Enigma to me. Stats don't always tell the true story, but his numbers were
very average last year. He is ranked in the top 10 for tackling efficiency, but when he rushes
the passer he has been highly ineffective at getting pressures on the QB the past two seasons
and his sack numbers were the lowest of his career in 2017 only posting 1 the entire season.
What happened to his pass rushing skills? He was healthy in 2017 but I think part of it is how
Zimmer is using him. He was known as a great pass rushing outside LB at UCLA. He posted
5 sacks in his rookie season only starting 12 games. What happened?

Diggs led the league in contested catch percentage at the WR position. The rest of his stats
speak for themselves but the importance of that one can't be underestimated. 

Which one of these is the easiest position to replace? I think LB is the easiest to replace but
if we have to lose one of these, my vote would be Hunter. 

I find it funny how fans start to down play the value of players when it comes time to re-do their deals...  Diggs is a very good WR and he is 24 years old.  I doubt we've seen his peak yet.  I think it would be foolish to trade him or let him walk.  I would trade Barr before Diggs if we're worried about fitting some of these upcoming free agents under the cap.  I think it would be easier to replace his role in the defense than finding another WR of Diggs caliber in the draft.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I find it funny how fans start to down play the value of players when it comes time to re-do their deals...  Diggs is a very good WR and he is 24 years old.  I doubt we've seen his peak yet.  I think it would be foolish to trade him or let him walk.  I would trade Barr before Diggs if we're worried about fitting some of these upcoming free agents under the cap.  I think it would be easier to replace his role in the defense than finding another WR of Diggs caliber in the draft.
some, with a better understanding of our scheme than I,  say that Barr is the key piece to what Zimmer is doing with this defense,  I would hardly say that Diggs is that critical to what the O is doing.  not arguing,  just saying that Barrs athleticism and real contributions on D might be misunderstood.

The extension that no one is talking about with all of this "big 3" talk is Richardson.  If he plays to his ability, he makes the entire D better and we're going to want to keep him.

So:  Richardson, Hunter, Barr, Diggs. 

Waynes?  That fifth year is a big number.  And Thielen will soon need more money, too.

Something's gotta give.  Better to make something happen than have it happen to you.  IMO the loss of Diggs would be the least-bad option.

Quote: @SmashmouthD said:
The extension that no one is talking about with all of this "big 3" talk is Richardson.  If he plays to his ability, he makes the entire D better and we're going to want to keep him.

Waynes?  That fifth year is a big number.  And Thielen will soon need more money, too.

Something's gotta give.  Better to make something happen than have it happen to you.  IMO the loss of Diggs would be the least-bad option.
Depending on how the draft goes, we may get some insight into Spielman's brain on those tough decisions for next offseason. I agree on Richardson. If he has a big year and hits all of his incentives, he will be in line for a big money deal. Clearly they are "all in" on this year as signing all 5 of those players will be highly unlikely. The challenge finding a replacement at 3T makes Richardson a high priority. As much as I would hate to lose Hunter, I think we could find his replacement in the draft. Same with Waynes which could come this year if Hughes, Jackson, Oliver, or Alexander are sitting there at 30. Hopefully we can keep Barr, Diggs, and Richardson. If only two of those, the Average WR salaries for the top 10 range from $14-$17 Million per year which Diggs would certainly be in line for. I know the Vikings will want to keep him, but I'm not sure we can afford him. That might give Barr the edge.  

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
no way the vikings or any team with a impact and ascending player like Diggs proactively trades them for the 19th pick. 

its frankly ludicrious to even consider. diggs a top 20 wr by almost all acounts. could easily move into top 10 with Cousins. 

It's exactly what the Saints did with Brandin Cooks one year ago - and Cooks had significantly better production than Diggs.  (Of course, the Saints drafted Michael Thomas instead of Laquon Treadwell.....)

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
ok, this is just false. dude missed 2 games last year. but dont let facts get in the way

@AGRforever said:
Id do the trade. Dallas wouldnt. Diggs plays 1/2 a season due to injury anyway so its not like he’s on tge field anyway
he was dinged up but played in a few games his rookie season

he missed 3 his sophmore season and was dinged up and ineffective several more. 

he mised 2 his junior year and was dinged up 2ish more. 

to call Diggs a health reciever is a stretch. 

why is it that when we have a budding star we are so ready to trade that guy for an unknown player in the draft?  Diggs is a proven entity give him a year with cousins and lets see this offense explode.  do I need to list the first round wrecks that we have had lately?

Quote: @SmashmouthD said:

the senario in the thread was a diggs trade. i agree with you that hes the one id lose out of all of em but for this thread it doesnt really matter. 

but id be all about getting another teens 1st rounder for 1 of diggs, hunter or barr. not because I want to lose them but i think its likley we lose 1 to FAs anyway. why not get something out of them with 1 yr left of their deals?  its also why i dont think dallas wouldnt do the deal without a extention already worked out.