Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completely stupid, totally ridiculous question
Would we trade Diggs to the Cowboys for their #19 pick?  

Would they do it?

Quote: @SmashmouthD said:
Would we trade Diggs to the Cowboys for their #19 pick?  

Would they do it?
Would you give up the 19th pick for Diggs who is going into his last year under contract?

I think I would take a first for him,  but I don't know what his contract talks have sounded like but I think Geoffs estimates sound like to much money.

The Cowboys could simply take a WR themselves.  But Diggs is a vet and a winner, and it would make some sense, rather than waiting for a rookie to develop.  Guessing Diggs will get $14m per.

If I'm them, I might ask for a later-round pick back in exchange.

...and don't get me wrong -- I like Diggs.  Just not sure any WR is worth that much, especially if you've got a great QB throwing the ball.

This year's crop of WR's is pretty weak. Diggs value would never be higher.  That being said, after signing Cousins you don't take away his weapons unless you're Washington 2.0

MGO:  Arguing in favor (it's my post, so it's kinda my obligation).

If Cousins is worth his money, if you protect him he can get by with a non-elite WR.

You could take an OL at #19.  McGlinchy might be in range at #19, ahead of Cinci.

At #30, you see what falls to you.  Maybe an OG, maybe a WR.  Maybe a CB.

We know we are likely to lose one of our studs in the next couple years to contract demands amd cap issues,  why not take that off the table and get a first round pick In return?

Cousins put up 4k with garbage around him...trade Diggs for the #19, sign me up, please and thank you...you're in the garden spot for McGlinchy, add the best guard available at #30, run your passing game through Theilen, Rudy, Wright, and Cook...plenty of WRs With our second...Maybe Treadwell decides to listen to the coaches...sit back and watch Diggs contract a terminal groin pull at $14 million a year...priceless...

I'm not sure when Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reid, Vernon Davis and a good OL became trash.  But he should have a better team around him now other than maybe the OL.  I guess he should have no excuses for anything other than stellar results.

The way I see it  is  the Vikings  are clor to Winning the superb owl  . We are a better  team with Diggs than with out  . That being said  I think  Diggs is the  player  we are  most likely to lose to free agency  because we  pay is  nuts   it seems. But  I would  prefer to keep Diggs  this year  hope llc win  the alusI've  trophy than trade digs  for a 1 pick at say 19. Get a rookie  who may not contribute this year or at all.worse case is keep Diggs this year  and if we can't afford to keep him  we may  just win  the prize this  year and get a 3rd round comp pic in 2 years .so my question is would u rather have  no Diggs this year and a superb owl  championship and a  future round 3 pick  or possibly a extra  first round this year  no Diggs   a thin write  core  depth wise  and a draft pick that may not contribute ever.the drafts a crap shoot I would rather  be stronger this year    get the prize and then if Diggs  ,price is two hi  we still  get a future 3rd

Randy Moss  Troy Williamson. We can just replace him with that shiny new draft pick. How did that work out.