Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So You're Saying There's A Chance
NOBODY owes AP anything.  The inverse might be more true than anything when you start counting baby mama's and all the concessions the team made to make/keep him the face of the franchise and focus of the offense over the years and they have one NFCC loss that he helped fumble away.  AP could give some money back for 2014 and 2016, his choices those years lead to his unavailability for the team-almost $22 million those two lost years, Fusco is small potatoes.
He was a great runner but not a great football player, he could have been if he would have wanted it bad enough but it all came too easy, that is why he fell of the face of the earth performance wise, three top coaches realized his limitations and moved on.
It's a sad final chapter to what could have been a great book.

Sad final chapters for #28, not just chapter! Good post Nodak.

I am surprised my vitriol level towards AP has increased since he left. Was hoping father time would have tempered it a bit. I'm frustrated with the Vikings over the last 4 years with him too. Should have moved to a pass centric offense well before they did. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

I am surprised my vitriol level towards AP has increased since he left. Was hoping father time would have tempered it a bit. I'm frustrated with the Vikings over the last 4 years with him too. Should have moved to a pass centric offense well before they did. 
it makes you wonder what might have been different all those years if they hadnt focused the offense to ADs strengths?  would he have worked on his shortcomings early on to get more PT,  would he have become a more well rounded player and had a longer and more productive career.. or would he have sulked and demanded a trade sooner?  would our offense have been more potent if it had stayed more pass orientated in a pass first league?  what about the QB that were handcuffed early in their careers with run run pass?  lots of what ifs.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

He bloodied a 4 year old...there's no expiration date on that...