Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So You're Saying There's A Chance
Isaiah Wynn - G - PlayerDraft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports teams view Georgia OL Isaiah Wynn as the second-best guard in the draft.
Wynn was a two-year starter for Georgia, splitting time between guard and tackle. He doesn't have as high a profile as UTEP OG Will Hernandez, but teams like his athleticism in zone-blocking schemes. Wynn has a chance to be drafted in the late first round.Source: Draft Analyst

Couldn't design a player better for us. Ideal fit a left guard. Stick him there and leave him for 10 years. Could be another Randall McDaniel. Speaking of whom, I went back and looked at McDaniel's combine. Oh my...

6-4, 268 lbs, ran a 4.60 forty. Holy....In other words, in a foot race between Randall McDaniel, Laquon Treadwell and Anthony Barr, McDaniel would win. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Couldn't design a player better for us. Ideal fit a left guard. Stick him there and leave him for 10 years. Could be another Randall McDaniel. Speaking of whom, I went back and looked at McDaniel's combine. Oh my...

6-4, 268 lbs, ran a 4.60 forty. Holy....In other words, in a foot race between Randall McDaniel, Laquon Treadwell and Anthony Barr, McDaniel would win. 
Maybe?  But they are giving Easton 2.9 mil guaranteed this year to play left guard.

Who will be the left guard?

I would not want to move Easton like they did with Fusco.

I don't think we will see an offensive lineman with that first pick at all.

In this scenario it is one of the top tight ends.

I think a corner or safety or DT could easily be the pick and it would be pretty good.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:

Maybe?  But they are giving Easton 2.9 mil guaranteed this year to play left guard.

I think a corner or safety or DT could easily be the pick and it would be pretty good.
People need to stop using Fuscos name, he needs to send 30% of his Career earnings to AD.

Vikings draft prospect microscope: Georgia G Isaiah Wynn
As we lead up to the NFL Draft here at 1500ESPN, we will take a closer look at the prospects who could end up as Minnesota Vikings. For this edition, we focus on Georgia guard Isaiah Wynn…
Why the Vikings could draft Isaiah Wynn:

There are few players in the draft who would better fit the Vikings than Wynn. They appear to be  undecided about whether Mike Remmers will play guard or tackle, Wynn would give them a Day 1 starter with the potential to play tackle (he started 12 games at guard in 2016). The Georgia standout could make a quick transition to the NFL because of his high-end technical ability and hard-nosed attitude.
What experts are saying: 
NFL.com profile:
Quote:“Wynn is a talented, technically sound block-winner with a demeanor that offensive line coaches will love. His athleticism allows for quick advantages as a run blocker while his hand strength and footwork helps him sustain those advantages into open running lanes. His plus pass protection will be appealing to teams looking for help in that area and he is capable of sliding out to tackle in an emergency. He appears to have the technique and play traits to overcome any concerns about size and could become an early starter.”
Pro Football Focus
Quote:“Wynn is one of the most talented offensive line prospects in this draft. He’ll have to make the transition from tackle to guard or center, but the track record of players successfully making that switch is so vast that it’s not even a point of concern. He’s an incredibly clean prospect otherwise and should be taken highly as a result.”
NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah:
Quote:“Wynn was an undersized left tackle for the Bulldogs; he projects as a starting guard at the next level. In the run game, he is sudden out of his stance and can roll his hips on contact, generating movement at the point of attack. His hand strength is outstanding. He’s very effective as a puller because of his ability to redirect and cover up linebackers in space. In pass protection, he keeps his hands tight and he’s a natural knee-bender. He will lunge and whiff on rare occasions, but he’s usually patient and stays on balance. He is very aware of blitzers (see: him vs. Minkah Fitzpatrickin the national title game). Wynn has some previous experience at guard and I believe he has Pro Bowl ability at that position.”
What the numbers say:
According to Pro Football Focus, Wynn only allowed five pressures all season long and 26 in 2,609 snaps for his career. He gave up just two sacks last season in the SEC with a freshman starting quarterback.
Here are his grades in each area via PFF:
[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-04-12-at-9.47.09-PM.png]
Wynn’s frame is the biggest holdup from him playing in the NFL. At 6-foot-3 and 313 pounds he would be one of the smallest players at the position.
Bottom line:
If there were any questions about Wynn, he answered them with a fantastic National Championship game against Alabama. When the Vikings picked Pat Elflein, GM Rick Spielman talked about appreciating his experience against top competition. Wynn fits that same description having played against the best of the best in the SEC. He is athletic enough to make an instant impact in the run game and technical enough to slow down interior inside pass rushers. The biggest question will be whether Wynn is still available at No. 30.
Watch Isaiah Wynn:

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:

People need to stop using Fuscos name, he needs to send 30% of his Career earnings to AD.
Fusco is a great story. 

Coming from Slipper Rock to get drafted and then to cobble together a decent career in the NFL.

He got a 5 year 25 mil extension with the Vikings and only earned 3 years of that deal.

Last year he goes to the 49ers on a one year 1.4 mil deal and does decently.

Well enough to get a 3 year 12.75 mil deal from the Falcons.

Should he still give AP 30% of the money he got from the Falcons and 49ers?

For the record and to prove how ridiculous this is, Fusco signed the extension with the Viking sin Sept of 2014 and was let go by the Vikings in 2017.

AP missed most of 2014 and 2016.

But he should be given 30% of Fusco's earnings.  

Just dumb.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:

Fusco is a great story. 

Coming from Slipper Rock to get drafted and then to cobble together a decent career in the NFL.

He got a 5 year 25 mil extension with the Vikings and only earned 3 years of that deal.

Last year he goes to the 49ers on a one year 1.4 mil deal and does decently.

Well enough to get a 3 year 12.75 mil deal from the Falcons.

Should he still give AP 30% of the money he got from the Falcons and 49ers?

For the record and to prove how ridiculous this is, Fusco signed the extension with the Viking sin Sept of 2014 and was let go by the Vikings in 2017.

AP missed most of 2014 and 2016.

But he should be given 30% of Fusco's earnings.  

Just dumb.

What happened in 2012 and 13 that helped that young Olineman, from Sliper Rock, coming off of his rookie deal sign a 5 year extension?

For the record, Not sure what 14 and 16 got to do with it.  I guess Fusco could blame AD for not playing those years for his exit from minnesota!

if i am reading it right.....why is Wynn’s screen block grade so low?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:

No he doesn't. Peterson got his and then some. Fusco made his contributions to the team as well. 

Quote: @Poiple said:
if i am reading it right.....why is Wynn’s screen block grade so low?
Georgia doesn't throw many screens. They utilize Michel in the passing game but not behind the LOS. So there really isn't much to go off of. Given his athleticism and skills in space he should be just fine in the screen game.