1st
Pct

Thielen, Adam

WR

16 91 1276 14.0 79.8 439 4 65 11 4 142 5 64.1% 3 2 59 64.8%

Diggs, Stefon

WR

14 64 849 13.3 60.6 278 8 59 8 1 95 2 67.4% 0 0 42 65.6%
5 numbers there where Adam was way ahead, receptions almost 30 more.  over 400 yards more.  Avg, yards per game.  YAC. 

Both are pretty special, but it certainly isn't "easy to see" or obvious that Diggs is better. 

Both are pretty amazing and neither would be as good without the other. Both have good speed, run great routes, have good hands, and make contested catches. Who's better? I think Diggsy has a little more juice, better feet, can break more ankles, better after the catch. I think he scares defenses a little more than Thielen does. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Both are pretty amazing and neither would be as good without the other. Both have good speed, run great routes, have good hands, and make contested catches. Who's better? I think Diggsy has a little more juice, better feet, can break more ankles, better after the catch. I think he scares defenses a little more than Thielen does. 
Agreed.  I think Diggs has more talent.  But Adam has an approach to the game that is unmatched IMO.  His work, preparation, film study, details and focus are incredible.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Agreed.  I think Diggs has more talent.  But Adam has an approach to the game that is unmatched IMO.  His work, preparation, film study, details and focus are incredible.

Which Diggs has all that as well. One of his strong points is preparation, focus, always wanting to be better, hard work, and study are all something he does very well. Hes always been like that.
I actually think that Diggs makes Adam better and Diggs just has more talent is all.

Leave it at the fact that Adam is the better player right now. More refined in his craft and more consistent. Diggs' raw talent is better and he is a top 5 NFL route runner when healthy. If you polled GM's you would get a mix of who they'd prefer. 

And there's also the injury factor. Diggs misses multiple games every season, Adam doesn't. GMs tend to notice things like that. Well, the good ones anyway.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Leave it at the fact that Adam is the better player right now. More refined in his craft and more consistent. Diggs' raw talent is better and he is a top 5 NFL route runner when healthy. If you polled GM's you would get a mix of who they'd prefer. 

Which is why I said when they are on the field it isn't hard to notice whos better.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
This...

Quote: @greediron said:
@Jor-El said:
IMO Diggs is the most interesting situation. Prior to the playoffs, I thought it was very clear he was no longer our #1 receiver and in 3 years had not established himself beyond the 2nd tier of NFL WRs. He has his moments, but also gets pretty quiet for stretches of each season. Had a monster game against Tampa in week 3 but never had another +100 yard or multi-TD game last year. Good WR, not great.
But then...THE MIRACLE.
Awesome catch and play, no doubt. It got an amazing amount of publicity, and so did Diggs. Now, he might think he's in Odell Beckham's class and maybe wants a top 10 WR contract. I have had people on this board tell me that Diggs deserves $12M per year. I wouldn't do it; I think that type of WR needs to take over the game at least 4-5 times a season and Diggs doesn't.
If Diggs wants a huge deal right now, I would hold off. I suppose he might build on the excitement of the Saints victory and have a monster season and the Vikings will regret not locking him up before this season. I just think he'll have another year of about 70 catches and 900 yards.
Interesting is a good word.  I would let him play it out.  If he stays healthy and has another consistent year, then he is worth a decent contract.  But not a top 10 IMO.
Stay healthy... Which he couldn't do in H.S...which he couldn't do in college...which he is yet to do as a pro...You don't have to go too far out on a limb to assume he'll get dinged up again in 2018...(Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder, and Ray Charles all nod in agreement)...

Quote: @NodakViking said:
I think Hunters stats reflect his full tie role as LDE, much like BRob didn't rack up the stats he was integral to the DL success by doing what is asked of that position.  Keep in mind before Griff got hurt he was leading the league in sacks and had at least one in like the first 8 games straight.  Did Hunter play a role in allowing that productivity?  He also doesn't get run on on that side hardly at all.
First post here.   I think you can say the same for Diggs.  Seemed like a common theme where Diggs looked to be a decoy to get Thielen open.  That's why I like this team so much, no one seems selfish.  They sacrifice their numbers for the betterment of the team.