Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to ask Murray to take pay cut or be released
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:
@96POPS said:
Looks like LM isn't the only one wifh this ultimatum. Yes it's a business but you don't have to be chickenshit either.

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-approac...-pay-cuts/
I swear the Vikings 2018 goal is to piss me off.  Stop treating your players badly when it comes to payday.  Rolling out truckloads of money for a new guy that might not work out while undercutting a player that has given his all for the team....  just pisses me off.  
Then you don't understand that its a business. Sometimes that leads to stone cold decisions. Doesn't make it fair, but when operating under the auspice of a salary cap and looking forward to paying younger players, hard choices are being made. 
It’s a business?  Since when?   Damn, I go away for a bit and shits all kinds of different.   
? Sarcasm?
yes... my native tongue.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMAha7KjvU

well shit, cannot get the South Park sarcasm clip to show up here....  unless it finally did... 

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:
@96POPS said:
Looks like LM isn't the only one wifh this ultimatum. Yes it's a business but you don't have to be chickenshit either.

I swear the Vikings 2018 goal is to piss me off.  Stop treating your players badly when it comes to payday.  Rolling out truckloads of money for a new guy that might not work out while undercutting a player that has given his all for the team....  just pisses me off.  
Then you don't understand that its a business. Sometimes that leads to stone cold decisions. Doesn't make it fair, but when operating under the auspice of a salary cap and looking forward to paying younger players, hard choices are being made. 
It’s a business?  Since when?   Damn, I go away for a bit and shits all kinds of different.   
? Sarcasm?
yes... my native tongue.  
Got it!

I hope they leave Brian's contract alone...  The guy is a team leader and can still play.  His value to the team is much more than saving 3.5 million, IMO.  I get it's a business, but the Vikings let Greenway play out his last year.  Brian deserves the same treatment.

Quote: @Cricket said:
Shawn Zobel‏ @ShawnZobel 
#Vikings are expected to ask RB Latavius Murray to take a pay cut, and if he refuses, word is the team will release him. Murray is scheduled to make $5.15 million in base w/ a $6.35 million cap hit
And the 49'ers just gave McKinnon a 4 year 30 million contract for a situational back!!!  

I wonder how much they are looking to save if Murray and Brian redo?  I would like both back of course but Brian is a leader and he played very well the last two years in less action (last year really).  Hunter didn't seem to seize the moment and make Brian expendable IMO.  I think one more year from Brian is ideal.  I think he is about 3.5 this season, so what are they looking to cut him back too, 2.5???

Also, we might need Murray to phase Cook back into the starting role.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Cricket said:
Shawn Zobel‏ @ShawnZobel 
#Vikings are expected to ask RB Latavius Murray to take a pay cut, and if he refuses, word is the team will release him. Murray is scheduled to make $5.15 million in base w/ a $6.35 million cap hit
And the 49'ers just gave McKinnon a 4 year 30 million contract for a situational back!!!  

I wonder how much they are looking to save if Murray and Brian redo?  I would like both back of course but Brian is a leader and he played very well the last two years in less action (last year really).  Hunter didn't seem to seize the moment and make Brian expendable IMO.  I think one more year from Brian is ideal.  I think he is about 3.5 this season, so what are they looking to cut him back too, 2.5???

Also, we might need Murray to phase Cook back into the starting role.  
Unless there is something with Brian that we don't know it pisses me off that our team is doing this to a loyal career Viking like BRob going into the last year of his career.  If they have mega millions for a new QB who may or may not make the team better then they can afford to take care of their own. 

It's not like B is trying to hang on to long and just cash checks,  he was a very integral part of our defensive schemes last year and they are trying to take advantage of the fact that he wants to end his career as a Viking.   I almost wish he would goto free agency and go sign with the lions and make cousins life a little rough for 2 games next year.  

I don't expect every player to be walked to retirement,   but damnit some have earned it and BRob is one of them.

.....Fuckers!

Quote: @96POPS said:

POPS ~ I sure hope it works out it BRob's favor. No one more deserving.
An A-1 man both on & off the field.
His leadership has been/is such a valuable asset to the team.

I want the Vikes to be loyal to BRob like they were with Greenway. C'mon, it's only right!!

Quote: @MNWILD said:
I want the Vikes to be loyal to BRob like they were with Greenway. C'mon, it's only right!!
Yea and I don't really want to compare because both are class all day but BRob has been playing really well when needed.  greenway really faded his last two years with a decent game here and there.  Sucks that I am comparing but BRob deserved/earned to be left alone and retire after this year...if that is what he wanted...meaning play out his contract.  

Really how much are they thinking they will save with Robison (1 million??) or is it really there way of saying see ya?   

Quote: @MNWILD said:
They weren't loyal to CG,  they forced him to take a pay cut to finish in purple IIRC.

Yep, minny65, i don't think BRob has lost anything. It's the "NFL" and when you get a certain age they consider you done. BRob gets less snaps now, but he still produces, that is what counts to me!! I know the "NFL" is a business, but I'd like it to be like the old days, with some more loyalty! Maybe it's because I'm from the old school generation, idk. That's just me, though.