Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to ask Murray to take pay cut or be released
Shawn Zobel‏ @ShawnZobel 
#Vikings are expected to ask RB Latavius Murray to take a pay cut, and if he refuses, word is the team will release him. Murray is scheduled to make $5.15 million in base w/ a $6.35 million cap hit
LIVE WELL ~ LOVE MUCH ~ LAUGH OFTEN

With the deal they gave him, no real surprise. I hope they can work something out.

Quote: @Kentis said:
With the deal they gave him, no real surprise. I hope they can work something out.
It was basically set up to make a decision after the first year.  

RB and QB rooms are going to be pretty lonely...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
RB and QB rooms are going to be pretty lonely...
Legerrette Blount would fill up the room nicely.

RB1 coming off a knee
RB2 told to go piss up a rope
RB3 wants to be a starter somewhere

OK...

take that money and keep McKinnon. better weapon. 

Makes sense, but I'm hoping he takes the cut and stays. If he doesn't, Vikings will probably add a free agent. Free agent backs are a dime a dozen right now. And we'll draft one fairly early. 3rd or 4th I'm guessing. 

Nice thank you for last year's efforts...  It's a business and makes sense to bean counters but not a great thing for player loyalty.  Bust your butt for us and we'll reward you by demanding a pay cut or we release you.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Nice thank you for last year's efforts...  It's a business and makes sense to bean counters but not a great thing for player loyalty.  Bust your butt for us and we'll reward you by demanding a pay cut or we release you.
that was the likely outcome based on the contract he signed.  If he took the starting job and was great, he would get to keep the contract.  If not, he was going to have to redo the deal.  He was good, but not great.